Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog swimming spots Cork

• 27-08-2012 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend somewhere to take my dog swimming in Cork - preferably freshwater, she's not too keen on the waves at the beach. We live in the city suburbs so ideally no too far (30-40 minute drive)

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Here is a lovely spot, there is an "always open" entrance you don't have to climb the gate.
    Here is nice too, down that lane is a popular swimming spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Louboutfan

Here is a lovely spot, there is an "alwayLs open" entrance you don't have to climb the gate.
    Here is nice too, down that lane is a popular swimming spot.

Hi thanks a million. I'm having difficulty opening the maps. Could you give me directions please.

Louboutfan wrote: »
    Hi thanks a million. I'm having difficulty opening the maps. Could you give me directions please.
    The first one is off the Lee road, that is the road running along the river on the opposite bank to the Lee fields and Carrigrohane (straight) road, about 3 kms past Wellington bridge. Keep going till you see a large grotto on the right, there is a spot for parking right there (on the left) and you will see the entrance to the field and the river, great for dogs because it is usually quiet.

The second is near the Anglers Rest pub, go out the Carrigrohane (straight) road, just after the straight bit finishes you come to a large junction with signs to Blarney, Kanturk, turn right there and after about half a km you get to a bridge with the pub clearly visible. Just after you cross the bridge and just before the carpark on the left, you will see (to your left) a track leading into the country, follow that track until you get to what looks like a lovely little beach :) there are a few nice spots off that track, so just explore.

Both these spots are fairly well used and being on the land isn't a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Louboutfan

The first one is off the Lee road, that is the road running along the river on the opposite bank to the Lee fields and Carrigrohane (straight) road, about 3 kms past Wellington bridge. Keep going till you see a large grotto on the right, there is a spot for parking right there (on the left) and you will see the entrance to the field and the river, great for dogs because it is usually quiet.

The second is near the Anglers Rest pub, go out the Carrigrohane (straight) road, just after the straight bit finishes you come to a large junction with signs to Blarney, Kanturk, turn right there and after about half a km you get to a bridge with the pub clearly visible. Just after you cross the bridge and just before the carpark on the left, you will see (to your left) a track leading into the country, follow that track until you get to what looks like a lovely little beach :) there are a few nice spots off that track, so just explore.

Both these spots are fairly well used and being on the land isn't a problem.

Thank you so so much!! Can't wait to bring my little furry friend!

Thank you so so much!! Can't wait to bring my little furry friend!
    No bother. :D
    Hope you both enjoy yourselves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement