Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn - No Quibble Guarantee

Options
  • 27-08-2012 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Just so you know, this doesn't stretch to alcohol.

In fact they will go so far as to say "it says it up there" whilst pointing to a sign re their no quibble guarantee. You can then scan the text and NOT find any reference to alcohol at all.

So you dont get your refund AND you're treated like an idiot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Luis21 wrote: »
    Just so you know, this doesn't stretch to alcohol.

In fact they will go so far as to say "it says it up there" whilst pointing to a sign re their no quibble guarantee. You can then scan the text and NOT find any reference to alcohol at all.

So you dont get your refund AND you're treated like an idiot.

I personally would have responded with some sage well thought out words like - "No it doesn't"

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

I did actually. The woman then refused to make eye contact with me.

"May I speak to the store manager please"

would have been the next line in this nail biting saga.

"May I speak to the store manager please"

would have been the next line in this nail biting saga.

Side splitting stuff mate. You're wasted here, or a waster here, you decide.

I'm just confused as to exactly what your issue is. You've posted a vague rant which would seemingly better belong in the rant and praise thread without really asking a question.

I will admit the way I am trying to get more information is rather flippant but then I generally gauge my reaction to the way the OP is posted.

• Advertisement

I spoke to a manager who just backed up the girl at the desk. The point is that their no quibble guarantee is, for a better word, BOLLOCKS

So is your question - what should I do or are you happy now you've had a rant?

Why don't you ask for a copy of the guarantee - explain that it does not say it on the sign and you would like the head office address to write a letter. You'll probably get a few vouchers to make up for it.

Otherwise submit a small claims court claim on the basis that they refused to accept it back breaching a promise made.

Or Drink it and feel better after the rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - this is the Consumer Issues forum. If you have an issue with a retailer, then we ask that you provide the steps you have taken to resolve the issue. This is to help other posters in guiding you to a resolution.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bollbill

So is your question - what should I do or are you happy now you've had a rant?

Why don't you ask for a copy of the guarantee - explain that it does not say it on the sign and you would like the head office address to write a letter. You'll probably get a few vouchers to make up for it.

Otherwise submit a small claims court claim on the basis that they refused to accept it back breaching a promise made.

Or Drink it and feel better after the rant.

That's not very nice.

Advertisement