Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water damaged phone

• 27-08-2012 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Anyone know of anywhere in limerick to fix a water damaged HTC Sense phone? Luckily its not my phone thats damaged!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Anyone know of anywhere in limerick to fix a water damaged HTC Sense phone? Luckily its not my phone thats damaged!:D

There is a place on Wickham street that repair phones. I have no idea how good they are though.

Water damage is never the easiest repair and will mostly require new parts which can get very expensive.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

cool cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Try Mr Mobile on Wickham street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

What is the damage? If it just got wet, put it in the hotpress to dry out.

unsure, just got asked did I know anywhere to fix one so thought best to ask on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Fall into the jacks after a night on the beer? :D

bazz26 wrote: »
    Fall into the jacks after a night on the beer? :D

haha no, but with my own phone ive come very close to dropping the phone in too many times for comfort!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Water damage is ususally very hard to fix, if you can get a small lunch box and a load of Selica Gel sachets, you know the things with "Throw Out" written on them that usually come in shoe boxes and the like, dismantle the phone as much as possible (i.e. take off all he covers, take out the battery, open any slots for memory cards) and put everything in the box (minus the battery) for a day or so. After a day or so, get some nail varnish remover and a cotton bud, dip the cotton put in the nail varnish remover and rub it over and points that look to have corrosion on them, then put the phone back together and see if that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Clareman wrote: »
    Water damage is ususally very hard to fix, if you can get a small lunch box and a load of Selica Gel sachets, you know the things with "Throw Out" written on them that usually come in shoe boxes and the like, dismantle the phone as much as possible (i.e. take off all he covers, take out the battery, open any slots for memory cards) and put everything in the box (minus the battery) for a day or so. After a day or so, get some nail varnish remover and a cotton bud, dip the cotton put in the nail varnish remover and rub it over and points that look to have corrosion on them, then put the phone back together and see if that works.
    Agree. A lunchbox or sealable foodbag of dry uncooked rice is a good substitute in the absence of silica gel. The new phones are a dose to dismantle fully though.
    I managed to save her HTC after a puddle incident, but you need to get them dismantled as much as possible and dryed ASAP.

cool cheers lads ill pass on the info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

the important thing is to remove the battery asap so you wont get shorting,take the phone apart and use a hair dryer to heat and dry all the parts,this worked for me lately and phone is perfect.

Advertisement