Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No modem received.

Options
  • 27-08-2012 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

I signed up back in May. I called your call centre because no other provider could connect me for home phone and broadband. The lady I spoke to at the time advised there was no connection or set up fee. That I would pay for off peak phone and broadband and then 6 months later price goes up a bit. She advised an engineer would come out free of charge to fix the box for connection in 10 working days.

No one came, I had to ring back. Guy I spoke to was very apologetic. Turns out sales lady wrote that my phone was active and never requested service for me. So he sent for an engineer and advised me that as soon as that was done broadband would be on in 5 working days. He told me to ring when the engineer came as I would be billed for the time before that and they could correct my bill.

Rang back, spoke to some other guy, advised him phone was connected and what would the refund be. He advised me to call billing. So I clearly asked this means broadband will be on in 5 working days, he said yes and your modem is being sent by post today.

5 days later no internet and no modem, rang back. Spoke to another CSA. My bill was all wrong too. She said no internet had been requested for my line, was very very sorry and that she would fix it all. BUT I was expected to pay €40 for a modem?!! I asked why and she said it was standard procedure and all new customers paid. I advised her of original call with sales lady who promised there would be charges except for line rental, calls and broadband fee! She put me onto complaints.

Complaints advised I'd be refunded for all the incorrect charges, the CSA had indeed requested broadband. Told me I wouldn't have to pay for the modem if that was not the agreement I had originally made, again was told it'll be in the post today. And that a manager would call me back within 10 days.

Manager did indeed call me back but I was in hospital and I advised the manager that I wasn't in a position to take a call and she continued to talk about refunds and I said "look I am in hospital I will ring you when I get out" I ended up in hospital a lot longer than expected. But when I got out found there was no modem, no note to say I'd missed a delivery, nothing. Got a modem from my dad rang for the code to activate it.

So I haven't been at home much lately due to sickness but I'm home now and I have crap connection, a very old netopia modem and generally just fed up of the lack of service. I completed a customer questionarre, you guys emailed back. When I responded on the 17th August to talk about the modem I heard nothing. Ten days later and still nothing!!!!

I'm not looking for a refund or anything like that. I just want my modem!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

I signed up back in May. I called your call centre because no other provider could connect me for home phone and broadband. The lady I spoke to at the time advised there was no connection or set up fee. That I would pay for off peak phone and broadband and then 6 months later price goes up a bit. She advised an engineer would come out free of charge to fix the box for connection in 10 working days.

No one came, I had to ring back. Guy I spoke to was very apologetic. Turns out sales lady wrote that my phone was active and never requested service for me. So he sent for an engineer and advised me that as soon as that was done broadband would be on in 5 working days. He told me to ring when the engineer came as I would be billed for the time before that and they could correct my bill.

Rang back, spoke to some other guy, advised him phone was connected and what would the refund be. He advised me to call billing. So I clearly asked this means broadband will be on in 5 working days, he said yes and your modem is being sent by post today.

5 days later no internet and no modem, rang back. Spoke to another CSA. My bill was all wrong too. She said no internet had been requested for my line, was very very sorry and that she would fix it all. BUT I was expected to pay €40 for a modem?!! I asked why and she said it was standard procedure and all new customers paid. I advised her of original call with sales lady who promised there would be charges except for line rental, calls and broadband fee! She put me onto complaints.

Complaints advised I'd be refunded for all the incorrect charges, the CSA had indeed requested broadband. Told me I wouldn't have to pay for the modem if that was not the agreement I had originally made, again was told it'll be in the post today. And that a manager would call me back within 10 days.

Manager did indeed call me back but I was in hospital and I advised the manager that I wasn't in a position to take a call and she continued to talk about refunds and I said "look I am in hospital I will ring you when I get out" I ended up in hospital a lot longer than expected. But when I got out found there was no modem, no note to say I'd missed a delivery, nothing. Got a modem from my dad rang for the code to activate it.

So I haven't been at home much lately due to sickness but I'm home now and I have crap connection, a very old netopia modem and generally just fed up of the lack of service. I completed a customer questionarre, you guys emailed back. When I responded on the 17th August to talk about the modem I heard nothing. Ten days later and still nothing!!!!

I'm not looking for a refund or anything like that. I just want my modem!!!

Hi menorcababy,

Sorry to hear about the issues you had getting the broadband up and running. Can you PM me with the eircom account number and the name on the account and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 23 menorcababy

Hi, Have sent them on to you now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi, Have sent them on to you now

Hi menorcababy

I got the PM thanks, and I messaged you back.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement