Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabansail mod- ban Ryan Tubridy Radio Shows Megathread

Options
  • 27-08-2012 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

They're not your average festival-goers.

But Ryan Tubridy and girlfriend Aoibhinn Ní Shúilleabháin will be among the thousands at the Electric Picnic Festival in Stradbally next weekend.

Aoibhinn told me the couple plan to go down early on Saturday.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/...c-3209738.html

Guess what tubbers is doing there?? Discussing the week's news with a panel, probably of other RTE presenters and law-library lobby types. He gets paid to do that on 2FM but he refuses. I can imagine tubb there with all those hippies and pot-heads going "Eww, why don't they clean their fingernails and put on a suit". Somehow, i doubt that he and fellow child will be camping overnight.

He'll be full of it the day after on the radio, though. Blowing on with his own self-importance. He thinks that we all look up to him and regard his opinion as being important. Of course, we have sycophants on here like tinyk and aidric, not doubt tubs is surrounded by these type of people in 2FM. People who stoke his self-interested diatribes and hate-filled monologues against Fianna Gael and Irish society.

I got a one week ban for this post. I am willing to accept the ban but should I not have got a warning or a yellow card. If I went off-topic then fair enough but my point was that Tubridy is discussing the news in Electric Picnic but he is unwilling to do this on radio. When he took over G.Ryan's show he said that it would be an integral part. However when he and Gerry Ryan were part of the news he didn't like it.

On a separate point, if you look at the tags on the Liveline and Derek Mooney threads you would wonder are the moderators doing their jobs or are they engaging in personal vendettas. I have found the moderator "bbability" impossible to deal with and know that many other people are of the same opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm looking into this and will get back to you ASAP. First thing first though, have you contacted CabanSail via PM as outlined in the schema above?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

OldGoat wrote: »
    I'm looking into this and will get back to you ASAP. First thing first though, have you contacted CabanSail via PM as outlined in the schema above?

Yes i did however i don't believe that he had much to do with ban. Bbaility and Splinter have been banning anyone who criticises tubridy. They tried to ban me last week but Cabansail overturned it. Cabansail told me that he never reads the Tubridy megathread so he was put under pressure by bbability to ban me. Bbability has been behaving in a boorish manner on the thread deleting posts critical of tubridy, banning posters and thanking other posters. That's why i think he is behind it.

I got a one week ban for this post. I am willing to accept the ban but should I not have got a warning or a yellow card.
    This is the crux of the issue as far as the DRP goes. All other discussion about the percieved intractability of the mods is moot and not for this forum. You are not disputing the ban.

Warnings or infractions are not mandatory. Moderators can go straight to permanant bans from the forum when required. If, for example, a poster is being a disruptive force in the thread/forum the mod could issue a permanant ban. Banning without warnings is a common occurance.

However, you have received 4 warnings previously in the Radio forum. The last of those warnings was about discussing the presenter rather then discussing the show. You continued in the same vein and got banned. After the ban you continued to post in the same manner and you got banned again.

The warning and the ban you have already received about commenting on the presenter have not helped you see how the forum is trying to behave as disputed post shows.
    I forsee that if you are in breach of the forum ethos again you will see a much longer if not permanant ban.

As you are not disputing the ban I see no point in continueing this thread. Shall I close it?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

OldGoat wrote: »
    This is the crux of the issue as far as the DRP goes. All other discussion about the percieved intractability of the mods is moot and not for this forum. You are not disputing the ban.

The warning and the ban you have already received about commenting on the presenter have not helped you see how the forum is trying to behave as disputed post shows.
    I forsee that if you are in breach of the forum ethos again you will see a much longer if not permanant ban.

As you are not disputing the ban I see no point in continueing this thread. Shall I close it?

No problem. :pac:I am a bit surprised but maybe it will do me some good to get a break from tubridy for a week. Might be getting a one-day ticket for Electric Picnic on Sunday so i can see him there. Cabansail sent me a pm saying that it wasn't bbability so apologies to him.

Resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement