Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSD question

Options
  • 27-08-2012 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭

I am upgrading to a 128gb SSD for my OS and have been convinced to do a clean install rather than migrate from my current HDD. The issue is that I have some things like bookmarks, sickbeard/couch potato etc. that I really do not want to have to re-do. Is there a way I can easily back up all of that info and slot it back in to a clean install? I'm sure bookmarks in chrome are simple as copying a folder, but I'm not sure about sickbeard / couch potato.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

with chrome, I'm fairly sure that once you sign in on the new install it'll import all your old stuff. it works for the extensions anyway, so I'd say it does the bookmarks too.

the other programs might have a way to import/export the bookmarks in their settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

If you don't want to have to sign into Chrome there's an option to export the bookmarks as a HTML file, and you can import the file into Chrome on the new install.

Advertisement