Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tubridy Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Triffic :o

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Newcomers are politely reminded to familiarise themselves with the Charter.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055106101

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Mr E wrote: »
    An argument well made, sir.

I'll move this from TV to Celebrity and Showbiz.

Any future random threads about Tubridy, his lifestyle, his age, his love life, his prospects abroad and the money he makes will follow in its wake too.

Just so you know. :o

So to make it clear and not upset anyone anything tubridy related outside the LLS and the radio show can be posted here..?

As it happens staying on topic in some threads makes one person in particular dish out warnings like the world is going to end..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Any future random threads about Tubridy, his lifestyle, his age, his love life, his prospects abroad and the money he makes will follow in its wake too.

+1....pissed off with all the Tubs threads in tv :mad:

xzanti wrote: »
    Triffic :o

:pac:

More work for you xzanti! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

I have read the charter and hope now that we are allowed discuss his relationship with the divine Ms Aoibhinn Ni Shuilleabhain here. It was off topic on other threads.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/the-curse-raises-its-head-again-3239584.html

Broadcaster Ryan Tubridy was comforting his partner, Mayo woman Aoibhinn ni Shuilleabhain, after the game.

"It was really disappointing. We enjoyed it but I can't pretend I'm not disappointed," she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 unimpressed

When are we going to get a free propper and open show that puts the real issues out there.
    Personnaly im sick of watching the same roll out of so called celebraties and politicians who want the chance to show their HUMAN (fake) side.
    Not just Tubs show but Pat kennys is a sickening discrace to the inteligence of the Irish people.
    We pay for it so we should get what is valuable to us not propaganda.

:confused: Just my view ??
    One more why is their so little discussion on boards about such things ???

enough said...
    A4mnM4gCAAEqJoM.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

jimmynokia wrote: »

The piece above appears little more than an Indo hack rehashing quotes from Facebook. Depressing stuff tbh.

If that's good enough for you, so be it - though you somehow managed to omit the extract below.
    However the Late Late show presenter also received much positive feedback from listeners.

• Advertisement

She does not even know lol...

I really don't know. I will have to check my guestlist to see if he's coming,

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/will-tubs-turn-up-for-aoibhinns-book-3265573.html

She does not even know lol...

I really don't know. I will have to check my guestlist to see if he's coming,

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/will-tubs-turn-up-for-aoibhinns-book-3265573.html

AOIBHINN Ni Shuilleabhain may have supported him at the launch of his book in 2010, but Ryan Tubridy did not return the favour last night.

'The Late Late Show' presenter was a notable absentee as his on-off girlfriend launched 'A Neutron Walks Into a Bar' at the Science Gallery in Dublin's Trinity College. While Ms Ni Shuilleabhain was at Tubridy's side for the launch of 'JFK in Ireland' two years ago, she said: "He's not coming tonight."

But Ms Ni Shuilleabhain simply told the Irish Independent that the RTE host sat the evening out because science is "not his thing".

The 27-year-old said: "I think he did read it. It isn't his thing at all, but you don't need to be into science to enjoy it.

Read more: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/ryan-tubridy-a-noshow-at-girlfriend-aoibhinns-book-launch-3270970.html#ixzz2ACxOgVs1

Their relationship is a staged, circus-act. **********************************************************************************************************

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

A4Jp93TCYAAO6Jr.jpg:large

what a bell end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

I already reminded people to read the charter when this thread was started here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055106101

ghiertal wrote: »
    AOIBHINN Ni Shuilleabhain may have supported him at the launch of his book in 2010, but Ryan Tubridy did not return the favour last night.

'The Late Late Show' presenter was a notable absentee as his on-off girlfriend launched 'A Neutron Walks Into a Bar' at the Science Gallery in Dublin's Trinity College. While Ms Ni Shuilleabhain was at Tubridy's side for the launch of 'JFK in Ireland' two years ago, she said: "He's not coming tonight."

But Ms Ni Shuilleabhain simply told the Irish Independent that the RTE host sat the evening out because science is "not his thing".

The 27-year-old said: "I think he did read it. It isn't his thing at all, but you don't need to be into science to enjoy it.

Read more: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/ryan-tubridy-a-noshow-at-girlfriend-aoibhinns-book-launch-3270970.html#ixzz2ACxOgVs1

Their relationship is a staged, circus-act. **********************************************************************************************************

aoibhinn_1118989a.jpg

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MidlandsM wrote: »
    what a bell end!

Your_Mother_Should_Know_by_beliluvskiryu.gif

It's another pathetic attempt to associate himself with something cool (i.e. The Beatles).. The John Lennon glasses with the suits from the Your Mother Should Know video..

I posted on the lipdub on the RTE youtube page... "Why does Tubridy have to spoil everything".. but they didnt post it. :-(

he's a minger as well, just show what the girls are after......

Well its in writing now...
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/ryan-tubridy-tells-of-relief-over-new-rte-deal-3277623.html

I bet RTE have said you can go to the uk a bit more to make up for the pay cut.

• Advertisement

Well its in writing now...
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/ryan-tubridy-tells-of-relief-over-new-rte-deal-3277623.html

I bet RTE have said you can go to the uk a bit more to make up for the pay cut.

Course he had no problem taking a pay cut...he knows he's crap and overpaid. So 333k is alot for this clown and he knows it, how has he got two kids?....to who?, who is the mother? :eek:

Course he had no problem taking a pay cut...he knows he's crap and overpaid. So 333k is alot for this clown and he knows it, how has he got two kids?....to who?, who is the mother? :eek:

Jesus Richard, where have you been.. He has two kids with RTE producer Anne Marie Power.. They split up a few years ago..

"Well I can't do that now Ryan has a contract with RTE," Mr Frow said."I'm not surprised the BBC like him. I rate him for the same reasons. He has an easy-going, natural style."

ffs, did Noel Kelly write that himself... Load of rubbish, nobody in Ireland it seems is prepared to call a spade a spade... The only way that he could halt the nosediving of his radio figures was by not being there. And still everybody wants him.. ? Tubridy is a success of PR spin, but he is not a success as a presenter..

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Without any disrespect intended to Ryan Tubridy, I can't comment on the quality of his radio broadcasting technique, but as far as TV presenting is concerned, my own opinion is that he leaves a lot to be desired.

I find him at times quite uncomfortable to watch, does not engage well with all his subjects, is often rushed in his questioning, is obviously uneasy with certain subjects and also often gives the type or responses, which if you watch closely enough totally shows his disinterest and desire to move on.

I certainly understand that presenting live cannot be an easy task, but when one is being paid that kind of money then high standards are surely to be expected.

I often wonder why it is that we appear to be so short on young quick witted and articulate presenters. We surely have a mountain of talented young people here who would be perfect for the job, or have they all left in disgust at the old boys network that has prevailed here for so long?

Would it not be great in other areas of TV shows too were we to have our own version of Ant and Dec? No, always the same faces and our best talent off making a success of their lives in UK and elsewhere.

Again, absolutely no disrespect to Gay or Pat, but why was it just so difficult to find a younger replacement for them?

Yes, Michael Parkinson was a permanent fixture, but one only needs to watch just one of his interviews to see why. He could teach the present chat show hosts a lot.

HE may be staying home for the holidays this year, but the girlfriend of RTE broadcaster Ryan Tubridy has insisted that she'll be heading back to Mayo for the [COLOR=#009900 !important]Christmas[/COLOR] period.

Father-of-two Tubridy recently revealed that he had turned down an opportunity to fill in at the BBC, opting instead to spend his Christmas break at home. And Aoibhinn Ni Shuilleabhain has admitted she'll be spending her time off with her parents at their [COLOR=#009900 !important]family[/COLOR] home.

"I'm going home to Mayo and I'm just going to be relaxing," the former Rose of Tralee said. "I think I'll get a good week off, so it'll be fun. That's a lot for me these days."

Asked whether she'll be joined at any stage by Tubridy, Ni Shuilleabhain said: "I'm not going to answer that."

Read more: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/aoibhinn-plans-quiet-christmas-break-from-tv-career-3301364.html#ixzz2CrtvznTW

I don't believe that they are really in a relationship. Tubbins was also encouraging men to wolf-whistle at Aoibhinn, no something any man would say in public about their girlfriend.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/i-really-dont-mind-if-guys-wolfwhistle-at-aoibhinn-its-just-a-bit-of-fun-tubs-3294021.html

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Why would anyone consider the comings and goings of these two individuals of any interest?

ghiertal wrote: »
    I don't believe that they are really in a relationship. Tubbins was also encouraging men to wolf-whistle at Aoibhinn, no something any man would say in public about their girlfriend.

Another Christmas of It's A Wonderful Life and Willy Wonka should be enough to kill off any relationship anyway..

Another Christmas of It's A Wonderful Life and Willy Wonka should be enough to kill off any relationship anyway..

Tubbins said last week that the days of the 26th-29th of December are his favourite of the year because he can sit back and watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Wizard of Oz in front of an open fire with a big box of roses on his lap.

And 2fm star Tubridy was there, as was his on-off girlfriend Aoibhinn. The pair didn't pose for a photograph together, although both happily attended the same event.
    While most of us now assume that they are back together, it appears they are keen to keep their relationship on the down-low.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/on-again-or-off-again-aoibhinn-and-ryan-out-but-not-together-3302438.html

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

I know i'll be very unpopular when I say it but here goes - i really like Ryan Tubridy particularly on the radio. I think there's something very likeable about him. He's had a very difficult job trying to fill Gerry Ryan's shoes but nobody could ever do that. He's not much good on the Late Late but that's because of the quality of his guests rather than himself.

• Advertisement

Does not matter what guest it is,he has no interview skills and is a coward to ask questions.

Advertisement