Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights at the Tower

Options
  • 27-08-2012 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭

I came through the lights at the Tower last night, from the Quay onto the Mall, and they were the shortest lights I have ever seen. I was second in the queue, by the time I was going through they were already changed to orange again. Is that how they usually are? I don't often have occasion to go through there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Its the new roundabouts on the quay thats causing them to be so quick to change......them roundabouts will be the death of us:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

You should see the lights by the Gaelscoil in Ballygunner. Very short if going from the church towards the bigger school. Even if you're first at the lights the lights usually turn orange before you make you fully make your way across to the other side and it's not a case of being slow to take off at the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

If people were watching the light's instead of texting,doing their makeup,reading the newspaper or whatever else they do at light's.They might then get the full benefit of the light's.:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

S28382 wrote: »
    Its the new roundabouts on the quay thats causing them to be so quick to change......them roundabouts will be the death of us:pac:

Its a lot slower at night rather than day!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

If people were watching the light's instead of texting,doing their makeup,reading the newspaper or whatever else they do at light's.They might then get the full benefit of the light's.:)

Or looking at what everyone else is doing in their cars :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

When that car is in front of you at traffic light's,where else would you be looking,except in the direction in which you are traveling.Judging by your post,I would have to assume you are easily distracted whilst driving and therefore an accident waiting to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

When that car is in front of you at traffic light's,where else would you be looking,except in the direction in which you are traveling.Judging by your post,I would have to assume you are easily distracted whilst driving and therefore an accident waiting to happen.

My god that is a bitter and sh*t reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

You know what happens when you assume :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

deisemum wrote: »
    You should see the lights by the Gaelscoil in Ballygunner. Very short if going from the church towards the bigger school. Even if you're first at the lights the lights usually turn orange before you make you fully make your way across to the other side and it's not a case of being slow to take off at the lights.

Why they didn't put a big roundabout there with speedbumps as padestrian crosses i'll never understand. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I didn't say there was any delay leaving the lights, both the car in front and I set off promptly, still the lights were changing as I crossed the junction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

And judging by your post, you wouldn't know a joke if it came up and rear ended you at a set of traffic lights! Lighten up for God's sake :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Fair play Giles your always good for an oulde trolling comment

Advertisement