Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

embody day spa

• 27-08-2012 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mos13

Hi all!

Just spotted a groupon this morning for a 2hr spa package in Embody Day Spa in Swords..has anybody been? Popped on their website and it seems that it's a training college as well as a salon so am wondering if it's students who are working in the spa or fully trained therapists. Am contemplating buying the voucher as part of a birthday present for my sister but would love to know if it's a decent place or not....

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rebelfido

hi mos13 i was wondering the same thing myself i was hoping to get it as a surprise for my b2b were getting married on friday and i was hoping to get it for her and her sis on thursday but i don't know if the place is any good??? hopefully someone else will respond!

rebelfido wrote: »
    hi mos13 i was wondering the same thing myself i was hoping to get it as a surprise for my b2b were getting married on friday and i was hoping to get it for her and her sis on thursday but i don't know if the place is any good??? hopefully someone else will respond!

I wouldn't expect to get something as soon as this thursday from a voucher - some of them you have to wait til the deal has finished selling a couple days before you use it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mos13

What a lovely idea rebelfido but I think bluewolf might be right..you cannot avail of the offer until the deal closes which is another day and 16hrs away!! But if you really wanted to go there specifically you could ring them and they would surely tailor some sort of package for you.

Still pondering myself...has anybody been?? I just want to make sure it's a nice enough place since I'd be getting it as a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cdb123

Yes, my friend booked us in for the 2 hour spa treatment for my 30th and it was gorgeous! the staff and treatments were lovely and the relaxation room was great to finish off in so I'd definitely recommend it! I booked it again for her 30th! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

To be honest I wasn't very impressed by Embody; it's not a "spa", it's just some rooms on the first floor of an office building, which pretty much feels like an abandoned office building with massage tables inside. The voucher I got for them included "tea/coffee and chocolates", this was literally just a cup of tea and a little chocolate on the side, kinda like you'd get at the hairdressers. And the most annoying bit of all - during the one hour massage I had (it really was just a regular 'full body massage', there was nothing extra about the head massage that was specified in my voucher), there was the same 'relaxing song' on permanent replay throughout; I must have heard it maybe 7 or 8 times and it very much stopped being relaxing and became seriously irritating.

All of that said, the massage was very good, whether the masseuse was a trainee or not I wouldn't have been able to tell. So it was a nice massage. But for the overall spa experience, especially if it's for a treat, and especially if Swords isn't convenient to you, I wouldn't bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 raytobin

Hi Camilla

Embody College and Day Spa have been in business for nearly three years. We employ over 30 staff and provide treatments to well over 350 customers a month.
    We have many many regular clients and we provide an excellent service
    I have checked our records and did not find any feedback from your self good bad or indifferent.
    All our therapists are training to ITEC standards which is an qualification that is recognised worldwide.
    Your review is most unfair and certainly does not in any way reflect the vast majority of our client's positive experience

<snip>

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

raytobin, as you are posting on behalf of a company I have to ask you to refrain from posting any further until you have obtained a verified rep account from the guys in the office. They can be contacted at reps@boards.ie

Please note that further posts without having first obtained a verified rep account will result in a siteban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement