Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partnership Agreement with Real Madrid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Jenas to Real Madrid, you heard it hear first. :D:D

Not as daft as it might sound. Didn't Jose speak very highly of Jenas while he was manager of Inter, or did I just imagine that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Jenas to Real Madrid, you heard it hear first. :D:D

Not as daft as it might sound. Didn't Jose speak very highly of Jenas while he was manager of Inter, or did I just imagine that?

Nah you dreamt that after 14 pints mate..

Here it is.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1119102/Mourinho-admits-wants-Spurs-midfielder-Jenas-Inter-Milan.html

Rubbish article. No direct quote or nothing. Typical Daily Mail rubbish a few years ago.

But getting back to the OP.
    I'm not sure what to make of it.

Hopefully it is not a case of us been a feeder club in the traditional sense.

My first instinct was "Well thats us f**ked', Levy obviously never has any aims for us to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with europe's elite if this is what we are going to become" but in reality it probably only means sharing youth players, coaches, a friendly or two and maybe RM having 1st option on some players.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Hard to know what to make of it really,if its a partnership regarding players then why didn't WE get Sahin on loan as part of the Modric deal instead of Liverpool?
    These partnership deals don't mean much anyway.We have one with International of Brazil but that hasn't helped us in signing Leandro has it?
    One thing we might see is Real Madrid coming to the lane for Ledleys well deserved testimonial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Hard to know what to make of it really, if its a partnership regarding players then why didn't WE get Sahin on loan as part of the Modric deal instead of Liverpool?
    I doubt DL had much interest matching Liverpool's £5 million fee including all salary and relocation costs for a season long loan...

These partnership deals don't mean much anyway.We have one with International of Brazil but that hasn't helped us in signing Leandro has it?

Sandro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

The chairman must think we're fcuking idiots to try and sell this to us as being a good thing

Where's the players Levy ?

The Sun are runnng a story that DL took a £10m 'hit' on the Modric deal.

RM are paying £25m up front and £5 in clauses but thats £10 less then Luka could have been sold to chelsea or United for.

Cant see United or anyone else paying £40M for him myself tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

The Sun are runnng a story that DL took a £10m 'hit' on the Modric deal.

RM are paying £25m up front and £5 in clauses but thats £10 less then Luka could have been sold to chelsea or United for.

Cant see United or anyone else paying £40M for him myself tbh.

Chelsea offered 40m about 10 days ago by all accounts and that is the reason for the hold up. Luka would only go to Madrid

^^^ Did they? I thought that was only paper talk.

If true its hard to know what to make of it. Do you admire him for not selling to our direct competition or do you dismiss this 'RM partnership' as bullsh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

The Sun are runnng a story

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

An insight here into what the deal could mean
    http://tottenhamlive.com/news/516-real-madrid-partnership.html

Advertisement