Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connected Careers Questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Anyone else having a horrible time with Game Face? I'm beginning to think it doesn't work well with Irish skin, as both player and coach are so white that no features are identifiable other than the eyes.

Getting a 502 proxy error when I go onto this. Maybe EASports doesn't want to see my face :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What can you do with it Paully?

You can do all your scouting, trading, progressions, sign free agents, depth chart, view stats, etc. Basically it's a much more detailed version of the League Manager site which is done directly by EA Sports. Very handy if you can't spare the time to get on the Xbox to do all of the above.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully D wrote: »
    You can do all your scouting, trading, progressions, sign free agents, depth chart, view stats, etc. Basically it's a much more detailed version of the League Manager site which is done directly by EA Sports. Very handy if you can't spare the time to get on the Xbox to do all of the above.

Super.. hopefully with none of the LM mess ups!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Anyone else having a horrible time with Game Face? I'm beginning to think it doesn't work well with Irish skin, as both player and coach are so white that no features are identifiable other than the eyes.

I did it for Fifa last year. I did not look pretty on it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

Raoul wrote: »
    I did it for Fifa last year. I did not look pretty on it ha

Does that mean gameface is extremely realistic? :D

• Advertisement

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Does that mean gameface is extremely realistic? :D

Well....we all know who isn't joining the franchise next season!

Ha, nah i am actually even better looking than freddie ljungberg and ryan reynolds put together. So thats how bad game face is.

I will try it again and see if it is any better this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just on the Game Face, I uploaded it to the site and downloaded it in game, they give you a preview similar to the pictures the real pro's have beside their name on things like the depth chart and rosters, and it looked great. Exactly what I would look like if I was an NFL player :pac: But when they apply it to a pro or a coach it's bright white and looks terrible. Very annoying.

As for the game itself, I'm really enjoying it. Been playing the season ticket version (mainly got that for FIFA but it's certainly nice for Madden too) all day and I'm doing an offline career as coach of the Jags. My D is great, #1 in the league, and MJD is doing what he does getting 100+ yards and all my TD's, but my god the passing game is awful. I signed Chad Johnson from free agency, and himself, Justin Blackmon and Laurent Robinson make up a decent receiving core, but my QB options of Chad Henne and Blaine Gabbert leave a lot to be desired. If I get the Jags like I plan in the Boards franchise, I'll have to look for a trade as they just aren't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Quick question re the Offline Franchise Mode / Connected Careers. Is it possible to do a fantasy draft when starting a new game? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Quick question re the Offline Franchise Mode / Connected Careers. Is it possible to do a fantasy draft when starting a new game? Cheers

Unfortunately not. They removed that feature. You on Xbox or PS3? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

SantryRed wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. They removed that feature. You on Xbox or PS3? :)

OK Thanks. I used to love doing fantasy drafts to see how good of a team of rookies and 2nd year players I could assemble. As daft as it sounds I probably won't bother getting the game in that case. It's such a headwrecker that they make retrograde steps like this with the game. I'm on PS3 btw

• Advertisement

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    OK Thanks. I used to love doing fantasy drafts to see how good of a team of rookies and 2nd year players I could assemble. As daft as it sounds I probably won't bother getting the game in that case. It's such a headwrecker that they make retrograde steps like this with the game. I'm on PS3 btw

Well its not totally retrograde as they have completely overhauled the way online is played so it is going to hopefully be much much better. Perhaps the fantasy draft will be brought back in in madden 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Why, in connected careers, are the team ratings so messed up? In week one the saints are 79

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Ezekiel Wide Manger

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Why, in connected careers, are the team ratings so messed up? In week one the saints are 79

i think it has to do with play style did you change scheme i know brandon marshall is low 80s whereas outside cc hes in the 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

One thing I will suggest for the Connected Careers lads.

If you want to get the Twitter feed from the league, set up a secondary account. As it will likely clog up your timeline (tried it on mine with a dummy CC league and was like getting spammed).

I basically just added a suffix to mine so '@BigRadRob83' becomes '@BigBadRob83_BFL'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

What is twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

madalig12 wrote: »
    What is twitter?

It's a social networking site created by EA Sports for use in Madden 13's connected careers mode.

It's a social networking site created by EA Sports for use in Madden 13's connected careers mode.

But.....why??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

But.....why??

Just to add an extra dimension of realism..

Just to add an extra dimension of realism..

What is real anymore? I don't use Twitter I have no idea why anyone does.

What is real anymore? I don't use Twitter I have no idea why anyone does.

I use it as its good for updates on soccer matches, gaa too. Plus its good for updates on whatever your interests are. Also there are somw people on it who are very entertaining to follow. Mainly use it on my phone though.

• Advertisement

Running through a couple of seasons of CC last night.

Michael Griffin would not re-sign for me, i have im 2.5 million more a year than what he's now getting and then gave him a big bonus and he fcuked off to FA!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Interesting breakdown of the 'Clutch' rating with EA developer:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/2148/breaking-down-clutch-rating-in-madden-13

Hey lads, just looking at the CC website, the ratings are so different to the depth chart.

Locker is 78 on the depth chart yet he's 83 on CC website
    C2J is 89 on depth but 92 on CC

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Hey lads, just looking at the CC website, the ratings are so different to the depth chart.

Locker is 78 on the depth chart yet he's 83 on CC website
    C2J is 89 on depth but 92 on CC

It's to do with the scheme you are running. If you run a scheme that doesn't suit the player his overall will drop.

etloveslsd wrote: »
    It's to do with the scheme you are running. If you run a scheme that doesn't suit the player his overall will drop.

There's a bug which means all created coaches run west coast as their offensive scheme and spread as their defensive scheme which is causing the ratings to appear lower.

Where do we change this?

Where do we change this?

As far as I know it can't be changed. Expected to be sorted in the next patch sometime in October.

Advertisement