Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

17 civilians beheaded at Afghan 'mixed sex' party.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Islam - religion of peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

old_aussie wrote: »

Time for the west to pull out and let the taliban spread some of the love.

The Taliban should be annihilated or they'll be spreading their brand of sh1t far and wide across the planet.

They're a bunch of primitive hypocrites, only interested in wealth, power and ruling by fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

they won't beheading to any more shindigs like this again, that's for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

nbar12 wrote: »
    they won't beheading to any more shindigs like this again, that's for sure

Exceedingly well played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Nodin wrote: »
    O - look who's here.

You know, its terribly hypocritical of somebody who practices bigotry to pop up and give out about others lack in the tolerance department.

He's not exactly wrong in this circumstance though is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Some conflicting reports coming out about this now:
    Taliban kill 17 civilians 'in argument over women'

One of the reasons given for the Taliban slaughter of 17 partygoers was a quarrel over women. Afghan women are among the most repressed in the world. Photograph: Paula Bronstein/Getty Images

The Taliban have killed 17 civilians – reportedly by cutting their throats – in a remote and violent corner of Afghanistan's Helmand province that government officials admitted is entirely beyond their control.

The reason for the slaughter was variously given as a fight between two Taliban commanders over women, Taliban anger over a music and dance party, or an insurgent crackdown on suspected government informers.

The group, which included two women, were killed early on Sunday afternoon but news of their deaths only reached government-held areas on Monday.

"This happened in a desert area, known as Roshanabad, which is not under the control of the government," said the Kajaki district governor, Mullah Sharafuddin, who said he did not know the motive behind the bloody attack. "I am the governor but I don't have full details because this land is under Taliban control."

The Helmand police commander was told the 17 victims were targeted as government spies, said spokesman Farid Ahmad Farhang, who also acknowledged the area was in insurgent hands.

The provincial governor's spokesman said the dead were probably caught up in a fight between two rival Taliban commanders for control of the dead women.

Click here for full article

Interesting article, gives some information on other attacks that were mis-reported the motive at first. So the motive is varying between, killing spies, a party with loud music and mixing between both sexes, and 2 rival Taliban commanders fight over Women.

So that is quite a bit of variation over what may have happened in this one attack, and shows that it does sometimes take a while for people to know what exactly went on and the motive etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

its such a shame afghanistan is where it is if it wasnt for the taliban there might be peace and progress there,its so unfortunate for the victims and the relatives RIP

oh give over its been like that for hundreds of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

He's not exactly wrong in this circumstance though is he?

Firing the actions of a small bunch of yahoos at over a Billion people isn't wrong?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Religionists doing what they do best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Firing the actions of a small bunch of yahoos at over a Billion people isn't wrong?
    That's not really what he did though, is it?

He's using the actions of these "yahoos" as you called them to criticise their religion. He said "Islam - Religion of peace", not "Muslims - Peaceful people".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

keith16 wrote: »
    Shocking that things like this are still happening in 2012.

Except that the 20th century hasn't even reached Afghanistan yet .... nevermind the 21st.

That's not really what he did though, is it?

He's using the actions of these "yahoos" as you called them to criticise their religion. He said "Islam - Religion of peace", not "Muslims - Peaceful people".

So he's saying one billion followers of Islam would behead 17 people (taking the op story on face value) but not coming out with the TOTALLY DIFFERENT notion that all billion muslims would behead 17 people.

So he's saying one billion followers of Islam would behead 17 people (taking the op story on face value) but not coming out with the TOTALLY DIFFERENT notion that all billion muslims would behead 17 people.
    No, I was under the impression that he was saying that Islam as a religion tends to incite or encourage incidents like the subject of this thread. He might have also been implying something about Muslims as a group of people but there's nothing in what he said to suggest that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fcking savages, what a bunch of **** those taiban insurgents are

No, I was under the impression that he was saying that Islam as a religion tends to incite or encourage incidents like the subject of this thread. He might have also been implying something about Muslims as a group of people but there's nothing in what he said to suggest that.

Suffice to say he has "form", hence any benefit of the doubt you might extend is thoroughly undeserved.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65243133&postcount=32

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69705158&postcount=188

• Advertisement

Suffice to say he has "form", hence any benefit of the doubt you might extend is thoroughly undeserved.

Soles of his shoes ?

Sounds a bit far fetched.

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Soles of his shoes ?

Sounds a bit far fetched.

O its a deliberate insult in some cultures. Gadaffi famously did it to Blair.

However, even if part or all of the stories are just his fantasy, it doesn't really portray him in a better light, does it?

O its a deliberate insult in some cultures. Gadaffi famously did it to Blair.

However, even if part or all of the stories are just his fantasy, it doesn't really portray him in a better light, does it?

Well going out of your way to insult others is a prick move regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

When I'm on the train and see a muslim I always put one leg up so that the sole of the shoe on that foot faces the muslim.

I've had some of them get so upset that they actually started abusing me and several have actually attempted to physically assault me.

Last one who put his hands on me got a hiding and was arrested by police at the next station.

When he went to court for assault, he said what I was doing was an insult to islam and that he had the religious right to act against me as he did. Violence is their answer to most things that they don't approve of.

muslims don't assimilate onto the community, they try to change it to their way.

I cannot wait to do this on the dart and look for their reactions

Fair enough. There's nothing too wrong with criticising ideas or at the stretch the people that subscribe to them. What he did there in those posts is something completely different. All that said, there's nothing particularly wrong with what he said in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Interesting thread where a poster is demonized because he shows the bottom of his shoes (not a crime in our culture). Seemingly he is worse that the people who behead others.

Boombastic wrote: »
    Interesting thread where a poster is demonized because he shows the bottom of his shoes (not a crime in our culture). Seemingly he is worse that the people who behead others.

Funny, I thought I was "demonising" him because he was slagging off a billion people based on the actions of a few. Nor do I recall anyone saying he was "worse" than the "people who behead others".
    nbar12 wrote:

Well aren't you Jesus' little sunbeam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The Taliban are some lower breed!
    A fight between Taleban commanders over two women is being blamed for the slaughter of 17 Afghans, including the women, all of whose throats were apparently cut in a sickening attack in southern Afghanistan.
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/asia/afghanistan/article3519723.ece
    Beheading or cutting the throats of their enemies is not unusual for the Taleban but the deliberate killing of women is rare.
    One account had the women as the dancers while another said they were the mothers of some of the men rounded up by the militants and were killed after pleading for their sons’ lives.

Sick, twisted bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Horrible, evil stuff. How can people ever tell themselves that killing innocent people is ok, just cos they have some random belief or whatever. How can they believe bullsh*t like that and have it set in their minds that what they're doing is right. How in the f*ck is the mixing of men and women seen by them as worse than beheading. They might use religion as an excuse but I just think they're hate filled b*stards looking for something to justify acting the way they do. Scum of the Earth and I hope something will be done about this.
    Its nearly worth believing in religion so there'll be a hell these scumbags can toast in

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Nux

Firm but fair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

how the hell can you say that firm but fair..to all the sickos out there thinking this is funny or 'fair',its a pity you dont live there and try and survive day to day life over there..

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Nux wrote: »
    Firm but fair.
    What, these killings are "firm but fair"? I assume thats not what you mean but if it is, tell us why this is firm but fair. Justify this for me. Go into detail and explain.

Nux wrote: »
    Firm but fair.

You will have to do better than that if your baiting/trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

I delete my post.
    Who casts the first stone and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Rigol wrote: »
    AlanFurl, anncoates, aujopimur, Biggins, BKC, Brutal Deluxe, Galwayguy20, neil_hosey, starbelgrade, yermandan

have shown their appreciation for a comment basically pssing on the graves of innocent victims of beheadings. Who were murdered just yesterday.

We can all see who thanked a post, no need to point it out for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

AlanFurl, anncoates, aujopimur, Biggins, BKC, Brutal Deluxe, Galwayguy20, neil_hosey, starbelgrade, yermandan

have shown their appreciation for a comment basically pssing on the graves of innocent victims of beheadings. Who were murdered just yesterday.
    A simple word play joke rather you mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I delete my post.
    Who casts the first stone and all that.

Damn righteous of you old boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

kneemos wrote: »
    Damn righteous of you old boy.

Well, I suppose to err is human.
    To forgive is divine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Well, I suppose to err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Actually To err is human but to really fúck up you need a keyboard:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

It's quite within reach of the averagely intelligent person to call the Taliban a pack of ***** and not have a bash off every single Muslim in the world.

SocSocPol wrote: »
    Actually To err is human but to really fúck up you need a keyboard :D

...And lord knows some of us have been there!

For my part, too often! :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

nbar12 wrote: »
    When I'm on the train and see a muslim I always put one leg up so that the sole of the shoe on that foot faces the muslim.

I've had some of them get so upset that they actually started abusing me and several have actually attempted to physically assault me.

Last one who put his hands on me got a hiding and was arrested by police at the next station.

When he went to court for assault, he said what I was doing was an insult to islam and that he had the religious right to act against me as he did. Violence is their answer to most things that they don't approve of.

muslims don't assimilate onto the community, they try to change it to their way.

What a horrible person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

religion of peace etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Icepick wrote: »
    religion of peace etc.
    Taliban is not a religon AFAIK

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't know how you can make that assumption. That area is a tribal land and tribes go to war with each other all the time over sometimes trivial things. Some people actually like the Taliban as they bring some sort of order to that chaos and these people don't know any better.

Yes, and no. The various tribes actually do have a sort of informal dispute resolution system at the local level, so full on 'wars' between them are actually quite uncommon. Offenses by one group against another (including killing) can usually be resolved amicably by an appropriate agreed action or reparation.

If there's one major gripe I have with the US vision of Afghanistan, it's that too much is based on central authority in Kabul. The local councils are a well-rooted tradition that actually works well enough.

NTM

Advertisement