Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Sallins

Options
  • 27-08-2012 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi All,

i've recently moved to Sallins and was wondering if anyone can offer some insights as to whether I should utilise the train, bus or drive in to work.
    I work near Holles St/Merrion Square and am lucky enough to have car parking in work and have always driven in the past.

With the increase in petrol costs and the move to Sallins I'm wondering if I should keep driving or not and need to look into the whole tax saver ticket option. I have the following dilemas based on what information I can find on line:

• Train only goes to Heuston and then I have to get the feeder bus to Nassau St and then walk to my office. This, I'm assuming, will take at least 1hr 20minutes???
    • I think there is a commuter bus that goes into Stephen's Green but this seems to take an hour and then I'd have to walk 15 minutes or so equalling the above time for my commute.
    • It seems that the train fares for Sallins to Heuston are approx €70 a week (non tax saver) meaning petrol costs are cheaper.
    Can anyone that does a similar commute possible let me know how they get in and out of work, how much it costs and the time it takes etc?
    Any helpful information or advice would be much appreciated.
    I can work either 8-4 or 9-5 if I choose.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Cross posting is generally frowned upon. As you have an identical thread, with responses, in Commuting & Transport, we'll close this one off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement