Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4S Price drop?

• 27-08-2012 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Does anyone know if 02 plan on dropping the price on the Iphone 4S once the new Iphone is released? O2 are giving a 20% discount on all phones at the weekend for the next month but am i better off holding off til the new phone is released for a bigger saving? And as someone who has never had an Iphone whats its like for texting? A qwerty style of texting doesn't appeal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Textings easy, way quicker than a numerical keypad
    Id image apple will do the same they usually do and drop the 4s 16gb and release an 8gb at a lower price, why don't you just buy the new one next month if your gonna wait anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

ryaner1979 wrote: »
    A qwerty style of texting doesn't appeal

it should. it really really should. after all, you have all the letters there... no need to abbreviate anymore!

but if you really hv 2 txt lyk dis, then set up some custom abbreviations so even if you're writing a text like a cat walked on a keyboard, then at least the person getting it wont know!

try it, you probably wont go back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

iphone is fine for texting. I've also used speech-to-text apps like Vlingo or Siri with good result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

it should. it really really should. after all, you have all the letters there... no need to abbreviate anymore!

but if you really hv 2 txt lyk dis, then set up some custom abbreviations so even if you're writing a text like a cat walked on a keyboard, then at least the person getting it wont know!

try it, you probably wont go back....

I dont want to text like hv 2 txt lyk dis but its just i'm used to using the on screen numbers on my phone for typing predictive text. Qwerty seems slower and more awkward for someone with large fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

ryaner1979 wrote: »
    I dont want to text like hv 2 txt lyk dis but its just i'm used to using the on screen numbers on my phone for typing predictive text. Qwerty seems slower and more awkward for someone with large fingers.

youd be surprised !! i thought the same when i first got the iphone..
    qwerty is actually way faster !!! ;) once you get used to it u wont go back ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement