Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would you do

Options
  • 27-08-2012 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

i was insured with an insurance company

turns out last year i was hit by an uninsured driver i had to use my no claims bonus , even though it did not effect my no claims bonus even though i was not the guilty person

it is on my proof of no claims discount and becasue it is there some insurance companies wont give me full bonus protection

i have a choice now go with a company with no full bonus protection or go without bonus protection

what would you do ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I had a similar situation a couple of years ago. Was hit by an uninsured driver. My comp. policy paid for my damages, and I made sure the refund was made in full by the MIBI.

It made no difference to my NCB nor renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

you really got stuck and had to stay with them because only one who would give you full bonus protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

why are you answering your own question? It shouldnt affect your chances of getting no claims bonus protection.

Advertisement