Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would You Say Anything to a Minister?

• 27-08-2012 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭

I'm mulling this video over. TL;DR version - a fellah accosts Pat Rabbitte at length and ends up being arrested for his trouble. Rabbitte sits impassively through the whole episode. Like watching someone shouting abuse at Bagpuss.

Anyhoos, this man clearly has a few screws loose (vaccinating children with mercury, etc.) but there's a lot more rational people out there that are seriously p1ssed off with how the country is run.

So, if you chanced upon a Minister in Buswells, what would you say to them, if anything?

Personally, I think it's counter-productive to scream abuse at anyone while they're having lunch. It reinforces their view that the people who disagree with them are nutters. Moreover, Pat Rabbitte is hardly going to wilt under pressure and say 'you're right, I'm so sorry, my life is a lie - I'm going to tell the IMF and bondholders to f*** off, then go hang meself'.

What's the AH hive mind view?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

no because they wouldnt listen, they dont listen to people when they canvass why would they anywhere else ? politicians are in such a bubble by the time they become ministers they dont even know a real world exists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

yer man did "rabbitt" on a bit.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Never had him down as a brown bread man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

How're ya Reverend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

No I would give them the respect and courtesy that anyone is entitled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you're screaming abuse at someone then you're unhinged and nobody is ever going to take you seriously.

You just come across as a crackpot.

If you can't make your point reasonably and with intelligence then nobody should listen to you.

"YA F*CKIN' HEAR THAT YA SCABBY F*CKERS???? YE RUINED THE COUNTRY YE C*NTS. YE F*CKED US ALL. YE F*CKED US ALL YE BAXTARDS. FUUUUUCCCKKKKK!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I'd be outspoken enough about our politicians and ministers at times.

In fairness though, your man should've at least let him finish his lunch first?

I'd certainly not appreciate being bawled out of it when I'm eating my dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

i had a small pop at ends kenny at my uncles funeral. though we ended up speaking more about the whispering TD then anything else. He is not as slow in real life as he is on the telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cops arrested the wrong guy :o

Stewart (the ex NAMA guy having lunch with Rabitte) called the Gardai to say the man they arrested was arrested in the wrong that he said nothing and the Gardai did nothing about it - they were told in the hotel too that he nothing to do with the abuse.

If I was the guy that was arrested I would sue the ass off the state - video evidence everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

vicwatson wrote: »

Stewart (the ex NAMA guy having lunch with Rabitte) called the Gardai to say the man they arrested was arrested in the wrong that he said nothing and the Gardai did nothing about it - they were told in the hotel too that he nothing to do with the abuse.

If I was the guy that was arrested I would sue the ass off the state - video evidence everywhere.

he made it worse by putting up a fight even if he was the wrong guy. NEVER resist arrest, you are only going to make things worse even if you are the wrong guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I've 'met' three ministers - as in I've been in the background doing whatever it is that I was doing, whislt they were going about whatever it is they were doing. Honestly I didn't acknowledge them with more than a grunt or a shrug :D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

vicwatson wrote: »

They were very rough with that man, despite practically everyone telling the Gardai he wasn't the one harassing.

It's pointless asking questions of Irish Ministers as another poster stated. They don't like to be interrupted and often when they have clinics in pubs and the like, they use the time for pre-arranged meetings and don't want to be hassled by the public.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

I would, I'd say 'feck off minister' in a fr. jack tone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

In public I wouldn't rant at them if they were just out and about, but when they call to my door then its open season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

In public I wouldn't rant at them if they were just out and about, but when they call to my door then its open season

I had Pat Carey call to my door looking for votes. Once I started asking him questions about NTR and the M50 toll he accused me of being a shinner and had a go at me over their policies. I informed him that I'd never voted Sinn Fein in my life but that he just assured Dessie Ellis of my vote. Then he went all Mr Burns from the Simpsons and made a vague threat and left with his posse.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭marozz

I've no time for politicians, so I just ignore them - especially when they come canvassing at my door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

I read the title as 'minstrel'. In which case I would say, play your sweet music fair minstrel, as my maidin and I relax in our twelfth century castle. Then summon the jester and cook me a boar.

But as it says minister, I would just open my bowels and release a stench blossom of biblical proportions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

politicians are like slithery snakes i have no time for them,that said though if i was to say anything to them id say 'pay yourself less,take a cut like the rest of us paupers are doing'..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'm not big on politicians but if one is sitting down having having a casual munch in the pub they should be left alone. Yes people are angry but that doesn't give you a pass to be a cunt.

My sister and her friend got a lift from Jeremy Irons in his big motor hitching in west Cork. She said 'are you Jeremy Irons'?

He replied 'not today dear, not today'.

I'm not big on politicians but if one is sitting down having having a casual munch in the pub they should be left alone. Yes people are angry but that doesn't give you a pass to be a cunt.

My sister and her friend got a lift from Jeremy Irons in his big motor hitching in west Cork. She said 'are you Jeremy Irons'?

He replied 'not today dear, not today'.

If these guys want to run for election, take the massive wage packet plus expenses & pensions that we pay for, then having their lunch interrupted by someone looking for a few answers is tough ****!

They're happy enough to talk to and answer the public when their looking for a vote!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

ncdadam wrote: »
    If these guys want to run for election, take the massive wage packet plus expenses & pensions that we pay for, then having their lunch interrupted by someone looking for a few answers is tough ****!

They're happy enough to talk to and answer the public when their looking for a vote!

Stop shouting at me I'm eating a piece of cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

It baffles me how Bertie Ahern has not been assaulted in public yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

It's still a job, you are entitled to time to eat and time to spend with your family.
    Would you also scream at a TD while he was watching a football match with his kid?

Lollers wrote: »

Some auld wan gave him a bollocking in some pub there a few years back but I don't think he's as fond of the auld pints down in Fagan's as he once was.

Keeps the head down mostly I'd say.

It's not as if he was politely interrupted by someone who wanted a quick word or an autograph. Shouting at him? F*ck off with that sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 latte2010

They deserve any grief they get to be fair. They don`t give a **** about anyone apart from themselves. Incompetent overpaid asses.

It's still a job, you are entitled to time to eat and time to spend with your family.
    Would you also scream at a TD while he was watching a football match with his kid?

Point is, they're happy enough to debate and answer questions when they're looking for a vote.

There's an aloofness now (that they're in power) around FG & Labour.

They should remember how FF lost touch with the people amongst other things and were royally kicked out on their arses last year.

This wasn't at a football match with his kid, this was in a pub across from the dail with a guy that worked for NAMA. ( the quango that bails out developers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

He was accosted by what most people took to be some oul wan. Of course as we know now it was Joan Collins, now a TD doing a publicity stunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCzQavvSp_A

More's the pity!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

The heckler had it right IMO. Is it not the case that following the drafting and passing of the new Childrens rights charter, you will have to vaccinate your children as dictated by the state or face the wrath of social services? I've a friend in the Health service and that's the slant she put on things when we spoke yesterday. Indeed. Go and shyte Minister. Not happening here. Just another subtle Corporate mandation of a previously voulentary act. Vaccinate or else. On Health grounds(which can never be ignored, yeah right) Follow the Money boys and girls, vaccines are Huge business, compulsory Vaccination is a licence to print more money. Absolute, total, ruthless bunch of tossers. Heckle ahead, but note just how hard the Gardai will come down on you. As I've posted before, I watched an anti-Israel protest turn nasty(on the security side, not the protesters side, and the world supply of Gards arrived within minutes. Won't happen if you get robbed, but dare you question our masters, and you get a baton within moments. Cuntry.

Advertisement