Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Island: Riptide

Comments

Anyone know the price of this on PC in Gamestop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Look at post #54 its only 22 euro and steam redeemable. I got it and it works great on PC.

Nolars wrote: »
    Look at post #54 its only 22 euro and steam redeemable. I got it and it works great on PC.

I know that, but want to know the in store price as I've a voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

If anyone wants to try come co-op on PC let me know or jsut add me on steam.

im doing a solo playthrough right now, call me crazy, but i actually like dead island better playing it like a single player game :eek:

In the first DI it was a bit screwy due to each cut scene, the other 3 characters would just be there when the cut scenes played and then disappear when there over.
    This time, from what iv played so far, its more fluid and less designed mainly for co-op, or atleast not as jarring for solo players as you can see the other main characters ingame(not only in the cut scenes), and do side quests for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

39.99 :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

picked this up tonight

have a couple of hrs in it atm

my opinion fwiw- its the exact same game and not worth the money. i'm bored already

i'm just bidding my time til gta5 at this stage

Syllabus wrote: »
    picked this up tonight

have a couple of hrs in it atm

my opinion fwiw- its the exact same game and not worth the money. i'm bored already

Its good fun if u enjoyed the first one but yea i agree with you its nearly the exact same as the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

calex71 wrote: »
    If thats whats putting you off then this / borderlands / any other game were dmg/xp per kill/ per shot / DoT / AoE is reported on screen is not for you :D

Seriously those numbers serve a purpose !!!!! and in this they are tame vs Borderlands 2 in ultra vault hunter mode for example where the whole screen will be filled by numbers of different colours depending on the the element doing damage.

Yeah really don't play this or borderlands or even any traditional rpg if those numbers on screen bother you lol

Avoid is exactly what I do. This kind of gets back to a point I was making in the thread about photo realism. I was one of those people that got excited by the original Dead Island trailer. I wanted a Day Z style game I suppose. I know all the popups serve a purpose but Im not a score hunter, I just find it breaks immersion. But then maybe this game isnt geared towards that in any event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

As a fan of the first game this one is really wearing on me now 10 hours in, and in co-op far too much time doing boring quests in a boring location vs the 1st game, and I;ve lost count of how many times I've been cheap shotted and one hit killed by standard mobs throwing a knife at me or spawning as I am getting into a boat and dragging me out before i have a chance to regain control.

In terms of plot ..... what plot so far ..... chapter 4

It epically fails to pace or progress the game to keep you from nodding off in any way what so ever and holds you in the first map for far too long imo :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As a fan of the first game this one is really wearing on me now 10 hours in...

Crap that sounds disappointing! Maybe I will get Bioshock Infinite first and get this down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Crap that sounds disappointing! Maybe I will get Bioshock Infinite first and get this down the line.

My opinion may change down the line when I move to the next area but so far the location, frustration, boring pointless missions and plot are not enjoyable :(

As a fan of the first game this one is really wearing on me now 10 hours in, and in co-op far too much time doing boring quests in a boring location vs the 1st game, and I;ve lost count of how many times I've been cheap shotted and one hit killed by standard mobs throwing a knife at me or spawning as I am getting into a boat and dragging me out before i have a chance to regain control.

In terms of plot ..... what plot so far ..... chapter 4

It epically fails to pace or progress the game to keep you from nodding off in any way what so ever and holds you in the first map for far too long imo :(

The plots there, im finding it alittle more coherent and together then in the first.
    It goes, your heli lands on the ship, it gets over run by infected, captain gets killed, ship crashes and you wash up on the shore of this island, and need to get to handersen to escape apparently. The island is flooded so you need to find a boat to get around, ontop of that the road to hendersen has conveniently collapsed so you need to find a different way off the island.
    You hear of a scientist who knows of some old underground tunnels that could help you escape, tunnels lead you to a tourist ferry where you move onto hendersen. Thats basically as far as iv gotten, but that scientist dude does bring some new twists into the story about your character and the rest of the "immune".

and them one shot deaths from the undead are ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

The plots there, im finding it alittle more coherent and together then in the first.
    It goes, your heli lands on the ship, it gets over run by infected, captain gets killed, ship crashes and you wash up on the shore of this island, and need to get to handersen to escape apparently. The island is flooded so you need to find a boat to get around, ontop of that the road to hendersen has conveniently collapsed so you need to find a different way off the island.
    You hear of a scientist who knows of some old underground tunnels that could help you escape, tunnels lead you to a tourist ferry where you move onto hendersen. Thats basically as far as iv gotten, but that scientist dude does bring some new twists into the story about your character and the rest of the "immune".

and them one shot deaths from the undead are ridiculous

spoilers would be nice:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

lol you complain that Dead Island is exactly the same game and follow up by saying you can't wait for GTA5 :D

But I suppose at least with GTA5 they'll improve the graphics.
    hehe

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    spoilers would be nice:mad:

ah come on dude, spoilers ?, thats just the plot up until you leave the first island. There is a small twist in the story about the immune characters that i left out, sry if it spoiled anything for you, but come on, who plays this for the story

About 9 hours in now, doing side quests as well. Level 39 and only 24% of the game done. Pretty much the exact same as the first game to be honest. I find the boats annoying especially if you get knocked off somehow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've finished at 14 hours in length. That'd be closer to 20 if I took the time to clear all the dead zones and named monsters. It really it just more of the same from the first, with no attempt at variation or innovation. I still enjoyed it, but it's not worth €40 (though I did get a free Dead Island GOTY with it). Once it's at €10 or €15 it'd be a lot more reasonable.

Finished it lastnight, 28 hours on a solo playthrough, all side quests completed.... id rate it 7.5/10, its a more solid game then the first, with very little innovation or change in the core gameplay(there is some, some tweaks), but there are afew things done better in terms of presentation and story and just the flow of the whole thing i reckon... more of the same at the end of the day, 30e or less is worth it

lol you complain that Dead Island is exactly the same game and follow up by saying you can't wait for GTA5 :D

But I suppose at least with GTA5 they'll improve the graphics.
    hehe

The point is that gta5 wont be EXACTLY the same. Its going to be bigger for a start. And a mix of the older gtas - san andreas for example which was my fav

The point is that gta5 wont be EXACTLY the same. Its going to be bigger for a start. And a mix of the older gtas - san andreas for example which was my fav

How does being bigger make it different? That's like saying this years Fifa will be different because they add in some more teams. Also how does mixing in elements from past titles in the franchise make it different, if anything that means it will be more of the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Mouche

It's really nice, but for me it's pretty the same as first Dead Island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

How did you get it for €22? It's showing as €39.99 on steam for me.

How did you get it for €22? It's showing as €39.99 on steam for me.

G2play have it for 21.99

Just to update, G2play now have it for 19.99

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

I paid £25 off amazon for the steelbook edition. I preordered at 34.99 in March and at some point since then it briefly dropped so i got it at the lowest price. Best way to buy games is to preorder as soon as amazon have it listed and see how the price goes. If it doesn't drop, just cancel the order before release date because you don't get charged until they are shipping it.

As for the game itself, it's a little disappointing and i've only put about an hour or two into it so far. Good thing is i could import my Sam B from DI who i had at level 40 and got all his skills intact too. I was hoping i might be able to import some weapons too but no such luck. Should help to already be up there in level and skills, though. I'll stick with it, i'll probably finish it even if I don't like it, but i hold out hope that it gets better.

Does anyone know yet if there are developer mods hidden anywhere? One of my favourite things to do in DI was to fast travel to bunker #1, equip my homerun baseball bat and knock the thug there off the edge of the world! It also got me out of a number of tight spots and i'd love to have one again in this game.

Ah **** - I just made an awful boooo-booo! I clicked to buy on that website - and then on steam, was just checking where I would input the key, and didn't I just click to buy the feckin game through steam too! FFS ... I've now paid for it twice, what a n00b! I've mailed steam in the hope of getting that purchase removed, as I've not downloaded or installed the game.

I imagined there would be some place to input a key-code? Didn't see a box for it anywhere.

This is why you should never have any site save your payment details ...

Where do you actually use the key code you buy on G2play?

How does being bigger make it different? .

Because its bigger

Because its bigger

Being bigger does not make something different.

If it's bigger, then there's more of, so would be different, no?

OK, G2play will refund the key, once it's not used - basically they will re-sell it, and once that customer manages to use the key succesfully, I'll get my refund, so not so bad. Now, waiting to see if Steam can refund, if not it'll be €39 I did not want to spend on this game, I only wanted something to test out the graphics card on my laptop - not really used it for gaming but it should run new games - i7 with Nvidia 640M 2GB

• Advertisement

Over 24hrs later, no resonse from steam, so I just gave in and tried the game.

Works perfect on my lappy at high settings, pretty smooth bar the odd shake-line here and there - does Vertical sync sort that? as it's off by default?

Advertisement