Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Island: Riptide

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Over 24hrs later, no resonse from steam, so I just gave in and tried the game.

Works perfect on my lappy at high settings, pretty smooth bar the odd shake-line here and there - does Vertical sync sort that? as it's off by default?

yeah, the screen tearing is bad, i put on triple buffering and v-sync on in nvidia control panel, locks it at 60 with no input lag on the mouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Cheers, just changed those settings in the Nvidia panel, will try the game in a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

Being bigger does not make something different.

Ofcourse it does

You're with a girl at 19 yrs old and shes a hot thing. You can get enough of her. You meet her 10yrs, 3 kids and a hell of a lot of fast food later and shes a 20st beast. Is she the same? No. Shes different BECAUSE shes bigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

yeah, the screen tearing is bad, i put on triple buffering and v-sync on in nvidia control panel, locks it at 60 with no input lag on the mouse.

Just to say, tried the game after changing those settings and it worked a treat! Thanks :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Well I finished the game about 18 hours gameplay. Much of the same of the same, fun enuff game tho. Would recommend picking it up in a sale in the future, wudnt pay full price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Finished the other night too, really enjoyed the 1st game, this though even though it was the same game essentially was just poo, the locations were boring the plot was boring, the missions were boring all in relation to the first game.

The fact that so many if not all of the flaws I was willing to over look in the 1st game were present in this and some new ones was a total "up yours " by the developers to fans in my opinion, I mean how a game gets let out the door in this state given that it is exactly the same game as the 1st in terms of engine and mechanics etc and they fix nothing is beyond me , it's like they didn't care.

Then there were they additions like the "base defence" sections :D the objective is to kill all the zombies but they give you fences to put up to keep the blighters out and you are told on screen to make ready the area, so we put up the fences, only to discover that the horde smash those to bits in 2 slaps which is a good thing because why the hell would we want to keep them away when the mission objective is to kill them :confused: also the team missions where you collect things to upgrade their weapons so they can do better in the base defence bits, for a start all they do is get in the way, never once did I see one of them die when wrestling with a zombie....... I really wish I'd just sat back to see if the idiots could actually die now :mad:

AH look i played this fully co-op and we had laughs mostly at the expense of some bizarre physics and some serious wtf moments when we got 1 shot killed by a brain dead husk who was able to throw and aim a perfect head shot with a knife :rolleyes: but really in the end I feel like I;ve been had by a shower of jokers out to pocket my money and who care little about their reputation as developers and the quality control and testing or their game pre- release as most of the stuff I have issue with could not have been missed in testing imo.

Advertisement