Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party venues - Wexford town

Options
  • 27-08-2012 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Howdy,
    Trying to organise a Christening party at the moment for about 40 people, baby is being Christened in Bride St on a Sunday. We're not looking for a big pee-up or DJ or that kind of thing (as most people will be driving) just finger food (even though I hate it usually).
    Any reccomendations for hotels or pubs in the area?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Howdy,
    Trying to organise a Christening party at the moment for about 40 people, baby is being Christened in Bride St on a Sunday. We're not looking for a big pee-up or DJ or that kind of thing (as most people will be driving) just finger food (even though I hate it usually).
    Any reccomendations for hotels or pubs in the area?

Thanks!!

I would say most places in town now accommodate this.

Try:

Talbot Hotel (back of bar or function room)
    Bugler Doyles (you can book back bar and beer garden)
    Chocolate (bit "nightclubby" but plently of room)

If most are driving however I would look maybe to a hotel outside of the town. Maybe Drinagh Court (can't remember if it is now re-opened), Whitford or the Maldron or Danby Hotel.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The Sky and The Ground has the Sky bar anf they will also provide food.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I would say most places in town now accommodate this.

Try:

Talbot Hotel (back of bar or function room)
    Bugler Doyles (you can book back bar and beer garden)
    Chocolate (bit "nightclubby" but plently of room)

If most are driving however I would look maybe to a hotel outside of the town. Maybe Drinagh Court (can't remember if it is now re-opened), Whitford or the Maldron or Danby Hotel.

Best of luck

Drinagh Court not opened yet. passed by at weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far!

I'm a bit of a blow in so all help is appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

hmmm. the toilets in the sky are absolutely disgusting. So i wouldnt be bringing my grandmother in there if I was you haha

• Advertisement

Zhane wrote: »
    hmmm. the toilets in the sky are absolutely disgusting. So i wouldnt be bringing my grandmother in there if I was you haha

Really? Eeeek!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Zhane wrote: »

Hey hey hey, the scent adds to the atmosphere I feel. Plus, whats not to like about reversing out of a cubicle instead of walking out normally? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Plus, it has Fischers on tap. Worth the smell imo :D

Thanks all,
    We've booked a place, if it works out well I'll come back with a review :)

Advertisement