Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full-kit ****

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Maybe the mods didn't see it? Have you reported the post? Are you automatically drawn to penises in pics?

All these questions need to be answered.

Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

el dude wrote: »
    Stop being a child.

Spotted a full kit wanker in Limerick at the weekend, full United kit Cantona 7 on the back strutting round like a peacock.

Grow up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yawn

Tired? It is late to be fair. Mods are probably all tucked up in bed, not the best time of the day to be scouring pics for penis.

For most anyway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Wearing a football jersey in public is bad enough but the shorts and socks... thankfully I've never seen this. Do they have full NFL kit **** in the States?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Ah yeah, seen this on a Manchester United forum a couple of weeks ago, it is quite laughable. They're a pathetic bunch, alright...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Nailz wrote: »
    Ah yeah, seen this on a Manchester United forum a couple of weeks ago, it is quite laughable. They're a pathetic bunch, alright...

The Man Utd fans or the Full Kit ****...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

monkey9 wrote: »
    I saw my first real life full-kit wanker today! In the Jervis Shopping Centre walking towards Marks and Spencers when out of nowhere comes some bloke who seriously was in his thirties or fourties, wearin the full Liverpool kit, socks up to his knees and everything. He had Sterling 17 at the back of his jersey.

I thought this thread was a bit of a myth, a legend if you will. But no,this sh!t is happening. There are full-kit **** out there and they've already invaded our shores!

This lad was also in Cineworld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Dub13 wrote: »

Can they not be the same thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

FFS, there's quite a graphic image of a penis in that post and not even a warning from a mod. When I posted a picture with a phalus in it I got month ban. Why is it ok for some users to post pictures of genitalia but not for others?

Sorry dude i did not see that part of the picture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Dub13 wrote: »
    The Full Kit ****, obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Played 5 a side with a couple of these twats in the past alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

syngindub wrote: »
    Played 5 a side with a couple of these twats in the past alright.

I've a full Orange Holland kit...

Only ever came out in training and in recent times 5-a-side....

When your playing footie, wearing shorts and socks..whats the problem?

I'm sure the term is against people who wear full kits strutting around a shopping centre...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've a full Orange Holland kit...

Only ever came out in training and in recent times 5-a-side....

When your playing footie, wearing shorts and socks..whats the problem?

I'm sure the term is against people who wear full kits strutting around a shopping centre...

No, full kits should never be worn* - even in training and especially in 5 a sides. I'm sorry but they're the rules.

* by anyone over 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Lads I got pictures of the guy around town!

He was at the end of Henry St. and turned up by Smiths toy shop and then crossed over to Cineworld.

Couldnt get closer, would of had to run to get closer to him. Then who'd look silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

He isn't a full kit wanker but he is just as bad

whopper.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

He isn't a full kit wanker but he is just as bad

whopper.jpg

Jesus christ.

Also, people wearing gah tops into EPL games, what the absolute fúck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I seen an absolute belter on Holidays last year in Lanzarote.
    All Ireland Final day, same day United played Chelsea at Old Trafford.
    Fella walks into Mulligans with a HALF & HALF Jersey on him.
    Half United, Half Dublin.
    United on the right with the crest stitched beside the Nike sign, and the Dubs on the left.
    Both original jerseys, so someone went through the trouble of first cutting the jersey in half, then stitching them back together.
    I only wish I had a picture of it!

Des wrote: »

Jesus christ.

Irish people are under the impression that when abroad, people like to know what county they're from and that they are proud of being from that county.

They are wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Wearing a football jersey in public is bad enough but the shorts and socks... thankfully I've never seen this. Do they have full NFL kit **** in the States?

Agreed. I find it's all just a matter of degrees of the same thing.

Should I pay some company for the privilege of walking around in a t-shirt with a corporate logo on it, effectively doing free advertising for them? No thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

nicklauski wrote: »
    I seen an absolute belter on Holidays last year in Lanzarote.
    All Ireland Final day, same day United played Chelsea at Old Trafford.
    Fella walks into Mulligans with a HALF & HALF Jersey on him.
    Half United, Half Dublin.
    United on the right with the crest stitched beside the Nike sign, and the Dubs on the left.
    Both original jerseys, so someone went through the trouble of first cutting the jersey in half, then stitching them back together.
    I only wish I had a picture of it!

That is inspired. Just a real 'life's rich pageant' moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Irish people are under the impression that when abroad, people like to know what county they're from and that they are proud of being from that county.

They are wrong.

Maybe they just like the shirt? Like, you see loads of people randomly wearing football shirts as casual wear, so why not the GAA?

I've never had, and probably never will have, a GAA shirt in my posession by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

geeky wrote: »
    Maybe they just like the shirt?
    Impossible. Have you seen a GAA shirt?

Hideous, garish, cheap-looking things the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Have you seen 99.99% of all football jerseys in fairness? "Gah" jerseys are no better or no worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

GSPfan wrote: »
    Lads I got pictures of the guy around town!

He was at the end of Henry St. and turned up by Smiths toy shop and then crossed over to Cineworld.

Couldnt get closer, would of had to run to get closer to him. Then who'd look silly.

That's the one i saw the other day!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Have you seen 99.99% of all football jerseys in fairness? "Gah" jerseys are no better or no worse.
    Far far far worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Far far far worse.

Horrible cheap things. At least Nike, Adidas and Puma have the decency to throw in some heavy metals to make you smell less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Far far far worse.

I like this one.

singapour-white-jersey-1.jpg

O' Neills seem to make nicer looking shirts for the overseas teams than they do for Irish ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Des wrote: »
    Jesus christ.

Ironic really, showing support for their local gah team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Completely agree that grown men should avoid wearing replica kits. Jerseys only when attending a match or playing 5-a-side if you want.

I was in Boston one year having an absolute nightmare getting home. Flights were getting delayed/cancelled all over the place. Some fella approached me in the airport and asked if I was on the cancelled Dublin flight. I said 'yes, how did you know?'. He then pointed out that I was wearing my Irish football jersey (everything else was filthy). I did, however, have someone to chat with and generally help pass the time.

So you see, wearing Ireland jerseys makes men talk to you so it's not all bad :pac:

Also, women in football jerseys can be extremely sexy, so I don't always feel the rules extend to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

thecatspjs wrote: »
    Jerseys only when attending a match or playing 5-a-side if you want.

He then pointed out that I was wearing my Irish football jersey (everything else was filthy). .

So jerseys only for matches, except you, you can if your behind on your washing?

Why is a jersey suddenly massively different to another tshirt and must now not be worn in public?

Maybe everyone over 21 should be forced to wear a plain grey polo and plain trouser in puiblic from now on :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

So jerseys only for matches, except you, you can if your behind on your washing?

Why is a jersey suddenly massively different to another tshirt and must now not be worn in public?

Maybe everyone over 21 should be forced to wear a plain grey polo and plain trouser in puiblic from now on :rolleyes:

Yup, I live by different rules and you should live your life how I see fit.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

very funny :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

zerks wrote: »
    I like this one.

singapour-white-jersey-1.jpg

O' Neills seem to make nicer looking shirts for the overseas teams than they do for Irish ones.

Don't think the logo is big enough there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Just seen one at the airport. Someone in there mid 20's should not do this. Full Liverpool kit including tracksuits top.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If they were made of cotton instead of that disgusting shiny stuff they wouldn't be so bad. Would you wear any other item of clothing made of that ****e?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

If they were made of cotton instead of that disgusting shiny stuff they wouldn't be so bad. Would you wear any other item of clothing made of that ****e?

That disgusting shiny stuff is cheaper in production, afaik. Cheap labour in Indonesia and stuff like that. Companies can make more of a profit that way :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

saw a 30/40 year old lad pushing a pram around Dame Street in the full LFC warrior kit. yikes! If i wear a jersey and pair of socks from the same kit going to PLAY football i feel like a bit of a tool, how do these people stroll around town like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Is it an LFC thing in particular? Seems like most/nearly all reports here are for that club.

Shops shouldn't sell team shorts/socks in adult sizes. That would eradicate the problem wouldn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not exactly Full Kit **** seen as it was a party atmosphere in Poznan and they were in vintage Italia 90 strips but I digress.

205356_433271300046454_643198990_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Omackeral wrote: »
    Not exactly Full Kit **** seen as it was a party atmosphere in Poznan and they were in vintage Italia 90 strips but I digress.

205356_433271300046454_643198990_n.jpg

Bit different than getting dressed up in full kit to go to the supermarket.If I meet one of these **** in my local supermarket or on the street I don't know if I'll collapse laughing or kick them in the nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Vintage jerseys are different IMO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭D/C

Seen that fella in the Cascarino jersey everywhere in Poland! Don't think he ever took it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

D/C wrote: »
    Seen that fella in the Cascarino jersey everywhere in Poland! Don't think he ever took it off

I hope yous threw a bucket of water over him or gave him some Lynx !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

kitakyushu wrote: »
    Is it an LFC thing in particular? Seems like most/nearly all reports here are for that club.

I would wager it is.

Did you not know that supporting Liverpool is more a calling, a vocation, a way of life and is not at all like supporting any other football club?

Normal rules do not apply to Liverpool supporters.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Boskowski wrote: »
    I would wager it is.

Did you not know that supporting Liverpool is more a calling, a vocation, a way of life and is not at all like supporting any other football club?

Normal rules do not apply to Liverpool supporters.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've another FKW to tell you about. Funnily enough he's a Liverpool fan also. I work in a prison in Dublin and this guy wears his Liverpool full kit nearly every day. His cell is covered in all 'Pool posters and everything is Liverpool this and Manc scum that.

But here's the kicker. I was giving out the newspapers to the prisoners and his one was misplaced, got mixed up with another dudes. So I located it eventually and handed him his eagerly awaited copy of...... The Sun. Now, I'm not a Liverpool fan or anything but even I was disgusted with that. I said ''what are ya doing ordering that paper man''?? He hadn't a clue what I was on about I don't think. He seriously looked ridiculous enough in his Full Kit Wanker attire, but now there he was with Murdoch's rag :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Our Gav's gone viral! :pac:

28m0269.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Ohhhhh there'll be bannings when he finds out whoever sent it into them!! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

28m0269.png
    gatecrash wrote: »
    Ohhhhh there'll be bannings when he finds out whoever sent it into them!! :):)

Excellent. :pac:

5minutes fo fame here I come. :o

P.S.

Everyone who liked the picture is getting banned, see you all in the DRP. :pac:

I think I'll re-tweet it myself for the LOLZ.

• Advertisement
Advertisement