Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling in Cork City

Options
  • 27-08-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all. On a recent trip to Wexford I came across a few places where you could bring drink/food cans for free just like a bottle bank as well as one place where you could bring cardboard. Are there any such facilities in Cork City somewhere?

I know there is a Civic Amenity centre out the Kinsale road where its only 2euro per carload, but I'm cheap and those can banks were handy out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Tis daft I think they are charging for all of them now..Raffeen used to br free but yeah now they charge..I know there is a good bottle bank on Monaghan road but cardboard and tin im afriad i dont know of any...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ger89

Cork seems to be unique because there isn't any free recycling facility - only bottle banks. Citizens of Cork should lobby the City Council! I'm sure there would be a massive take-up if we had bring centres here, like elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Ger89 wrote: »
    Cork seems to be unique because there isn't any free recycling facility - only bottle banks.

Not so. There are three recycling locations near me that include bottles, can, tins, clothes - Douglas community park, Blackrock Pier, Skehard road. (I'm not certain that clothes bins are in all three locations).
    Mahon, near the camogie pitch is another AFAIR

I found this list on the council website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ger89

Two Wheels: I've looked at the Council list - problem is that these are all bottle facilities. There appear to be NO free recycling facilites in Cork City for cans, plastics and paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

mini5476 wrote: »
    Hi all. On a recent trip to Wexford I came across a few places where you could bring drink/food cans for free just like a bottle bank as well as one place where you could bring cardboard. Are there any such facilities in Cork City somewhere?

I know there is a Civic Amenity centre out the Kinsale road where its only 2euro per carload, but I'm cheap and those can banks were handy out.

Does your refuse collection service not include a recycling bin (cans) and a glass bin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Ger89 wrote: »
    Two Wheels: I've looked at the Council list - problem is that these are all bottle facilities. There appear to be NO free recycling facilites in Cork City for cans, plastics and paper!

The website must be wrong. Maybe some site are glass only but, as I mentioned above, there are a few in my area that take cans etc.

At least with the list you'll know where to look in your area

Advertisement