Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good private family gp

Options
  • 27-08-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I am looking for a good family gp for childhood vaccinations and general family services etc. who will see private patients. I live in the north so will be paying for their services,but would like one with a holistic outlook on healthcare,preferably a woman,but this is not essential,and someone near to Carlingford or Dundalk would be best but I could travel further if necessary.
    If anyone has any recommendations I would really appreciate it as all I can find now are names and telephone numbers ,and this gives me very little to go on as regards their facilities,specialities etc.
    Any help or advice welcome,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Just to point out that the majority of people pay for GP services down here - it's only free for people who have a medical card (low income or pensioners mostly). Almost all GPs will see private patients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

As said, most of us are private patients with our GPs. To be honest GPs are a very personal thing and we all look for different things. I think I have the best GP but I know others who wouldn't go to him. In addition many of the best practices are full with waiting lists of people wishing to register with the Doc.

You should really pick some, contact them to see if they are taking new patients and then pay a visit to see if the practice suits your ethos.

Advertisement