Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book on History of Achill

Options
  • 27-08-2012 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Just back from a week spent holidaying on Achill Island with the family and have completely fallen in love with the place.

We done some exploring when over there and am just wondering if anyone is aware of any decent resources as regards the history of the Island? Had a quick look on Amazon and couldn't find any books (bar one which appears to be out of print).

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

paulocon2 wrote: »
    Just back from a week spent holidaying on Achill Island with the family and have completely fallen in love with the place.

We done some exploring when over there and am just wondering if anyone is aware of any decent resources as regards the history of the Island? Had a quick look on Amazon and couldn't find any books (bar one which appears to be out of print).

Paul.

http://www.achilltourism.com/books.html

if you8 cant find any i can look in the local shops for ones you might like abnd post them to you. if you agree to cover all the costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭paulocon2

irishgeo wrote: »
    http://www.achilltourism.com/books.html

if you8 cant find any i can look in the local shops for ones you might like abnd post them to you. if you agree to cover all the costs?

Excellent. Thanks very much for your help - loads there to keep me happy until the next time I get over to Achill!

Looks like I can buy some of them online too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Very good selection there.

McLouglns or Duffys Westport may have some of these in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

www.kennys.ie is another one to check out.

Advertisement