Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Dun queen"?

Options
  • 27-08-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

So I was chatting with my Kerry uncle this weekend, I've got a trip planned out wesht next year and was asking for some tips, and he mentioned what sounded like 'dun queen' to me, as a good place to visit. I have literally no idea what it was, a town, a walk, a small animal. We were both tired and emotional and I could understand about every fifth word out of this mouth, but I made a note to look it up and add it to my agenda.

Now, I have no clue what it is, and Google and TA are no use. Is there anything vaguely touristy that sounds vaguely like 'dun queen'? It may be on the Slea head drive somewhere, and I'm fairly sure it's on the Dingle peninsula, but not 100%. Any leads would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Try searching for "Dunquin" or "Dún Chaoin". Your uncle is right, it's a great place to visit with a beautiful beach very close to Slea Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

corblimey wrote: »
    So I was chatting with my Kerry uncle this weekend, I've got a trip planned out wesht next year and was asking for some tips, and he mentioned what sounded like 'dun queen' to me, as a good place to visit. I have literally no idea what it was, a town, a walk, a small animal. We were both tired and emotional and I could understand about every fifth word out of this mouth, but I made a note to look it up and add it to my agenda.

Now, I have no clue what it is, and Google and TA are no use. Is there anything vaguely touristy that sounds vaguely like 'dun queen'? It may be on the Slea head drive somewhere, and I'm fairly sure it's on the Dingle peninsula, but not 100%. Any leads would be helpful.

The place you're looking for is Dunquin/Dún Chaoin - at the farthest end of the Dingle peninsula. In Irish it would sound a little bit like Dun Queen :)

http://www.dingle-peninsula.ie/dunquin/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Its Dun Chaoin or Dunquin in English
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunquin

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Aren't we a helpful bunch of people down here in Kerry? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Quick too :) Thanks all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement