Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brussels....

• 27-08-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Anything we should absolutely visit???

There is a group of 12 all adults some older including the folks. Going for 4 days, start of September. We'll be heading out of the city on one of the days to the Menin Gate so as we don't have lots of time and I don't want to missing something that's an absolute must see.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Nothing!?!

Maybe I shouldn't bother :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dlm

The Atomium is unique and worth seeing. Mini-Europe is nearby too and you can get an Atomium+M-E admission ticket

Also a train trip to Bruges is nice worth considering

If you're considering pubs you should check out Delirium Tremens. Over 2000 different beers and a kind of old fashioned pub atmosphere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Thanks a lot for that. I think I am staying near mini-europe. Will definately try the pub :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

If you are in north Brussels, Atomium and Heysel stadium then nearby is the city village of Laeken.

There's a Royal Castle and the the church here has the Royal Family tombs, there's a large cemetery with a one the many Rodin's The Thinker. An art collector bought it specially for his own tomb.
    The main street is hilly and small but there is a restaurant/bar that was serving Spaghetti Bolognese and a beer for €4.00. Dark wooded interior with Pissoirs on the way to the cubicles. After the EU quarter and the Royal Palaces in the city centre, this was the essential Bruxelles.

Advertisement