Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Travel Buddies 12 month grad visa

Options
  • 27-08-2012 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I'm a 21 year old female who has just graduated with a financial related degree. I really want to go to the US on a 12 month graduate visa but would love to meet up with others who are also going.
    I am fun and friendly, have not applied for the visa yet and I don't mind what city to go to. I was in America during the summer and loved it there! I would like to go back and work while experiencing more of the life there.

Is there anyone in the same boat looking for others to head over with?
    Or does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 marxo

Hiya!

Im in the exact same boat. I'm 24 and graduated with business degree.I am hoping to be gone by late November- Mid December. I really want to go to NYC but thinking of maybe starting somewhere warm and then heading to New York.

I graduated last December so I only have till December to go and thats why I really wanna just go for it. I've done two J1's too and loved it.

Let me know what your thoughts are.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭BearsyBoo

I am 24 a recent science graduate and in the same boat, Hopefully heading around June/July next year not sure where to go yet, have any of you applied for the visa yet or if not who are you going to apply with??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I have been on two 1-year visas, one with SAYIT and one with Intrax Internships. Intrax were amazingly quick and made the process pretty easy. I would definitely recommend them. I've also heard great things about the IIICenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Amy23Ire

Hey,
    I've just finished my degree in UL. I am a 23yr old female and living in Dublin now but hoping to do the 12 Month work visa too. Hoping to find work as a legal assistant. Really want to find something before I head over but think even if I don't I'm gonna head over and give myself a month or two to find something. I'm hoping to go to New York.
    Know a few people in New York but wish I was heading over with someone in the same boat.
    I am gonna start applying in the next week or so and hoping to move there by December/January.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭BearsyBoo

Just a little heads up you have 90 days from the start of your visa to find work before you have to go home, you can use your 30 day grace period to also look for work so essentially you can get 120 days but you must show you can afford to live during this time, just getting evreything together myself.. its exciting yet feels like such a huge task by yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 petercurran1990

in the same boat as all of you above. did anyone get to america? and secure a job? would love to have a job before i would go over!

Advertisement