Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utv internet 24mb

• 27-08-2012 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

i signed up for a package of 24mb internet and calls , i done speed test i am only barely scraping 7mb at any given time . I rang their customer care and was told my line can only hold a maximum of 10mb so my question here is how can they sell you something knowing full well you wont be able to receive it, is this not a form of deception? There defence was they do not guarantee 24mb they say its up to 24mb but surely i should be getting higher than 7mb?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

that main thing it comes down to is distance from the exchange with copper

what are your line stats reported in your router?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sapphire07

i havent a clue what they are i dont really understand it to be honest but he did say i was 3km from the exchange on the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Rule #1: Dont believe the salesperson. If you dont have it in writing its horeshít.
    Rule #2: Do your research, this was a predictable outcome.

Advertisement