Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metalwork to Woodwork change

• 27-08-2012 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi im going into 1st year metalwork teaching in UL and was wondering is there any way i could change over into woodwork after 1st year and go straight into 2nd year woodwork then or is this an urban myth??

iv already done a year in wood science and got an internal transfer into metalwork as my qca wasnt 2.6 to get a transfer into woodwork..

btw id like to know is it difficult to pick up the engineering side of things in the metalwork teaching as i only ever did metalwork for 1st year in secondary school..

any help much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'd say even try do it right at the start of the year, they've changed metal/wood students fairly easily before but your case might be an exception. Either way you're going to be doing fairly similar modules, especially in 2nd semester, so a switch shouldn't be too hard to do at the end of the year if that's your choice.

As far as I know 1st year metalwork teaching is fairly simple, easier than the woodwork in a sense. You have to do some sort of Engineering Maths module though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 S12WRC

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I'd say even try do it right at the start of the year, they've changed metal/wood students fairly easily before but your case might be an exception. Either way you're going to be doing fairly similar modules, especially in 2nd semester, so a switch shouldn't be too hard to do at the end of the year if that's your choice.

As far as I know 1st year metalwork teaching is fairly simple, easier than the woodwork in a sense. You have to do some sort of Engineering Maths module though.

Ok thanks very much for the advice il see what i can do when i get back i suppose! Probably stick with the engineering at this stage any way!

I know im probably asking a bit much here but do you know anything about eximptions from modules that you'd have done already in another course? eg, Off the top of my head ive already done engineering science and materials from my first year in wood science..?

Advertisement