Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fecking ESB!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

mike65 wrote: »
    Great! but that's a bit like saying "the airbag saved your face" when I'd be more concerned at why the crash happened.

If it's such a noteworthy event then it just shows how good the supply continuity is. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Do you work for ESB Networks by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

He has a point though. In terms of outages, ESB is acutally quite reliable.

Regards...jmcc

Sully wrote: »
    Its a NAS Box but I think we will go down the cloud route rather than replacing it. The NAS boxes are around 80euro or so on Komplett. Will test the HDDs tomorrow and see how they fair, but a look at Komplett and there not as cheap as they once were anyway.
    Possibly old stock. There was a major shortage of hard drives up to about March this year due to flooding in Thailand last year.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well good, they supply the power they should be. And yes I do recall when a outage took hours or even a few days to rectify.

• Advertisement

Well good, they supply the power they should be.
    Yes but equipment does break and has to be replaced.
    And yes I do recall when a outage took hours or even a few days to rectify.
    Weren't the 1980s great?

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

As it happens.....no!:rolleyes:

Advertisement