Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

they should be given every help medically both during and after the pregnancy...

So you believe a raped pregnant child should be given medical help. Does compassion and the right to decide not to be pregnant and have to give birth not figure at all? Is your only interest the unborn, as opposed to the born, child?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

There is no intention to kill the unborn baby...

Go look up what ectopic pregnancy is and the only way to treat it. You will feel as foolish as your posts.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

B0jangles wrote: »
    So you'll just continue to pretend that the thousands of Irish women who travel to the U.K. for abortions every year simply don't exist.

Abortion is common. Abortion is real. Most Irish abortions do not rely on psychiatric reports to happen. They happen in the U.K. legally. They happen in Ireland illegally via pills in the post or other unreliable and dangerous means.

As I said, all we can do is try and keep the evil of the abortionists' death chambers out of Ireland...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

they should be given every help medically both during and after the pregnancy...

And sure she'll be back to herself in no time right? :rolleyes:

Any woman forced to carry a baby she doesn't want particulary one who is the victim of rape would be a shell of herself I would imagine. And its going to impact her family too, so its many lives that will be forever changed.

But so what once the "innocent little baby" is born.

This is about the proposed legislation for X. Something we oppose vehemently. Hence the wonderful turnout tonight...:)

But the decision is made. The Irish people voted in favour of abortion. What are you hoping to change? Do you want the right to travel repealed so unborn children won't be killed in other countries?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Flier

Sometimes if the baby is delievered too early via the termination then clearly he/she won't survive. But the intention of the termination is to save the life of the mother and rightly so...

Ok great, at least we've got to the point that we are saving the life of the mother. In early term 'terminations' - we're not 'delivering' babies. We're aborting pregnancies. Don't fool yourself and be honest.

As I said, all we can do is try and keep the evil of the abortionists' death chambers out of Ireland...:)

What about abortion to save life? Do those not take place in abortion chambers? Are you not more worried about the liberal regime in England to which Irish women take their unborn to be killed? Are you lobbying for the right to travel and information to be repealed?

lazygal wrote: »
    So you believe a raped pregnant child should be given medical help. Does compassion and the right to decide not to be pregnant and have to give birth not figure at all? Is your only interest the unborn, as opposed to the born, child?

Abortion is not a suitable treatment psychiatrically and results in the intentional killing of her innoceny unborn baby (something none of the other contributors have even mentined in passing tonight).

We care for the mother and her baby...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

We have to fight battles we can win. We feel opposing X is feasible with a co-ordinated campaign. time will tell if wesucceed...

You can't.

Not even with your sleazy U.S. campaign funding.

You're fighting from a position of 30 points behind in the polls - that's unrealistic, even if you do still believe in miracles.

iguana wrote: »
    Go look up what ectopic pregnancy is and the only way to treat it. You will feel as foolish as your posts.

I have done so, hence the clarity of my answer...

• Advertisement

But the decision is made. The Irish people voted in favour of abortion. What are you hoping to change? Do you want the right to travel repealed so unborn children won't be killed in other countries?

We are concentrating on suicide not being legislated for...

Flier wrote: »
    Ok great, at least we've got to the point that we are saving the life of the mother. In early term 'terminations' - we're not 'delivering' babies. We're aborting pregnancies. Don't fool yourself and be honest.

I am being honest...

I have done so, hence the clarity of my answer...

Clarity? I for one can see right through it.

Abortion is not a suitable treatment psychiatrically and results in the intentional killing of her innoceny unborn baby (something none of the other contributors have even mentined in passing tonight).

How do you care for innocent pregnant children if all you care about is delivering a baby? Suppose a child doesn't want to be a mother, do you think she should be forced to give birth, regardless of her wishes? Would you agree to giving over your body for nine months in order to save the life of another person?

Nothing about any of your posts shows any compassion towards children like Ms X who were violated once by their rapists and again by the lack of action from the State. Does it ever cross your mind that a 14 year old child has no business having motherhood forced upon her?

What about abortion to save life? Do those not take place in abortion chambers? Are you not more worried about the liberal regime in England to which Irish women take their unborn to be killed? Are you lobbying for the right to travel and information to be repealed?

We've been over this. Terminations are justifiable where the life of them other is in danger...

We are concentrating on suicide not being legislated for...

Suicide is the reason behind the X case. Its grounds for an abortion in Ireland. The argument is over.

We've been over this. Terminations are justifiable where the life of them other is in danger...

And if the life of a child is in danger because she wants to kill herself as a result of rape through pregnancy?

B0jangles wrote: »
    You can't.

Not even with your sleazy U.S. campaign funding.

You're fighting from a position of 30 points behind in the polls - that's unrealistic, even if you do still believe in miracles.
    Time will tell...:)

Suicide is the reason behind the X case. Its grounds for an abortion in Ireland. The argument is over.

The dye is yet to be cast...:)

And if the life of a child is in danger because she wants to kill herself as a result of rape through pregnancy?

She should be treated psychiatrically, of course...

• Advertisement

The dye is yet to be cast...:)

It has been cast. The people voted. The legislation is being drafted. No amount of footstamping from your side will change the fact that the Irish people voted in favour of a suicidal 14 year old pregnant rape victim having the right to an abortion in Ireland.

Anyway folks. T'was a great day. I'm off to my bed now. Ciao...:)

And if at the end of the treatment she knows abortion is the right course of action to prevent her death by suicide....what? You'd just say 'No, I know better'?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I wonder if you would be so blase about it if the woman was your daughter, your sister, your wife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Flier

I am being honest...

Ok - I accept that you are being honest. But nonetheless, you are wrong. As a surgeon, I have been involved in the surgical management of ectopic pregnancy, and the result was not the 'unintentional killing of the baby'. It was fully intentional. And it saved the lives of the mothers.

Anyway folks. T'was a great day. I'm off to my bed now. Ciao...:)

Typical. This was a game of words intended to create reactions and essentially troll the lot of us. No conception that these are real issues with actual real world consequences for so many women.

Everything can be reduced to a game of win/lose of the internet.

"hurr hurr. I trolled those pro-choice bítches so HARD tonight! High-five duder!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭swampgas

Flier wrote: »
    Ok - I accept that you are being honest. But nonetheless, you are wrong. As a surgeon, I have been involved in the surgical management of ectopic pregnancy, and the result was not the 'unintentional killing of the baby'. It was fully intentional. And it saved the lives of the mothers.

Absolutely true, unfortunately this is a truth that is incompatible with the absolutist religious ideology of the anti-abortionists. So instead we get this ridiculous pretence that sometimes an abortion is not an abortion, it's an accidental side-effect of a medical treatment.

Unfortunately the religious mind is well practiced at rationalising away unwelcome truths.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I think Silvio might be related to J C. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

I am a psychiatric nurse and people are more likely to become mentally unwell when they experience a lack of control, choice and options in their lives. Are you an authority on what is a "suitable treatment psychiatrically"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

And what about where the pregnancy is unviable?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement