Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I have done so, hence the clarity of my answer...

That's not clarity, its robotic nonsense rhetoric being repeated over and over again.

Just just to clarify, you advocate raped women being forced to carry and give birth to their rapist's baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Alas we have no influence on abortion laws in other countries...

Could you tell three quarters of Youth Defence's support and what must be 90% of its funding to f*ck off back to America then? I mean, if you're in any way interested in making your statement here something besides disgustingly hypocritical?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Just a point of interest,

The twitter hashtag "#Vigil4Life" has now been taken over by the *pronbots*. It's hilarious :)

I was wondering why some violent hostage negotiation gone sour was trending on that hashtag...

F*ck it, might as well add fuel to the fire. REAL LIFE DICK PARTIES @ #VIGIL4LIFE!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

ShooterSF wrote: »
    It depends what you are lobbying for. Is it democratic to lobby the government to ignore the constitution? A yes or no will suffice.
    That's a good one. "Depends" on who agrees with it I suppose. Everyone is free to lobby the government to change the laws and/or constitution of Ireland. Otherwise we would never have these referendums, ever.....
    Also the right to an abortion is not in the constitution. So the overall point is mute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

It might amuse some of you to know that there is a politician in Idaho who has legally changed his name to Pro-Life. I sh*t you not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro-Life_(politician)

Now nobody can say they're Pro-Life without committing fraud. I like it.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

B0jangles wrote: »
    Typical. This was a game of words intended to create reactions and essentially troll the lot of us. No conception that these are real issues with actual real world consequences for so many women.

Everything can be reduced to a game of win/lose of the internet.

"hurr hurr. I trolled those pro-choice bítches so HARD tonight! High-five duder!"

I won't apologise for going to bed FFS...:D

Did you miss me that much..?

swampgas wrote: »
    Absolutely true, unfortunately this is a truth that is incompatible with the absolutist religious ideology of the anti-abortionists. So instead we get this ridiculous pretence that sometimes an abortion is not an abortion, it's an accidental side-effect of a medical treatment.

Unfortunately the religious mind is well practiced at rationalising away unwelcome truths.
    not accidental, but obviuosly unintentional.

The intentoin is to save the life of the mother. Often times in these rare occassions the unintended consequence is the tragic loss of the baby...

I think Silvio might be related to J C. :eek:

They do say he and I look alike...:

• Advertisement

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    I am a psychiatric nurse and people are more likely to become mentally unwell when they experience a lack of control, choice and options in their lives. Are you an authority on what is a "suitable treatment psychiatrically"?

I have no Psychiatric qualifications. Hence my reliance on the Psychiatric community on this one...:)

Nodin wrote: »
    And what about where the pregnancy is unviable?

Sadly the baby will die on termniation, the intention being to save the mother's life...

krudler wrote: »
    That's not clarity, its robotic nonsense rhetoric being repeated over and over again.

Just just to clarify, you advocate raped women being forced to carry and give birth to their rapist's baby.

I believe that no innocent unborn baby should be killed because of the sin of his/her father. Happy to clarify for you...

Sarky wrote: »
    Could you tell three quarters of Youth Defence's support and what must be 90% of its funding to f*ck off back to America then? I mean, if you're in any way interested in making your statement here something besides disgustingly hypocritical?

We are happy to receive American Life dollars. Its not cheap holding rallies for tens of thousands of people in downtown Dublin you know...:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

American life dollars.

Oh, you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

We are happy to receive American Life dollars. Its not cheap holding rallies for tens of thousands of people in downtown Dublin you know...:)

One thing that always turned me of the 'pro life' movement even when I was a practising Catholic, was their evident love of money. I always thought Jesus was pretty clear on his feelings of rich people,but I guess the likes of YD are pretty far removed from any of the core values of Jesus teachings.

Silvio Dante, would you not think that money would be better served by giving it to struggling families and those in need, rather than on pro life placards?

After watching the news last night I was so depressed to be a women living in Ireland.Why can Irish women not be respected enough to make this decision for themselves. Why do we need the likes of Mickey Harte, telling me what I can do with my body. Was there even one female speaker on the podium? Getting the likes of Mickey Harte to speak really is just a joke. They all really do hate women don't they.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I believe that no innocent unborn baby should be killed because of the sin of his/her father. Happy to clarify for you...

How are they innocent when they are tainted with mortal/ original sin on their conception and will need to be baptised to be cleansed of it?

panda100 wrote: »
    One thing that always turned me of the 'pro life' movement even when I was a practising Catholic, was their evident love of money. I always thought Jesus was pretty clear on his feelings of rich people,but I guess the likes of YD are pretty far removed from any of the core values of Jesus teachings.

Silvio Dante, would you not think that money would be better served by giving it to struggling families and those in need, rather than on pro life placards?

After watching the news last night I was so depressed to be a women living in Ireland.Why can Irish women not be respected enough to make this decision for themselves. Why do we need the likes of Mickey Harte, telling me what I can do with my body. Was there even one female speaker on the podium? Getting the likes of Mickey Harte to speak really is just a joke. They all really do hate women don't they.

The vast majority of those attending were women and there was at least four women who spoke onstage...

Morag wrote: »
    How are they innocent when they are tainted with mortal sin on their conception and will need to be baptised to be cleansed of it?

What crimes have they committed that in your view justifies their execution..?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Silvio.Dante are you familiar with the doctrine of original sin or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

So the majority of the "Irish Pro Life Movement" is actually just minions for American Business agendas?

If there is such "fantastic support for pro life in Ireland", why didn't they pay for it? Get them to "donate" a fiver, then see the numbers drop. The Vigil was a fraud. Free buses will get people to do anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Mickey Harte :(

Rally whore!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

Its not cheap holding rallies for tens of thousands of people in downtown Dublin you know
    The trade unions, the Campaign Against Water Charges, the IFA, Irish Palestine Solidarity Committee and a thousand other organisations have held such rallies and it never cost a penny. But then they were not paid rent-a-crowd American stooges.

_rebelkid wrote: »

So the majority of the "Irish Pro Life Movement" is actually just minions for American Business agendas?

They must enjoy being used. I understand some people are into that.

American life dollars.

Oh, you.

"Itchy and Scratchy dollars, what are they?"
    "It's like real money, only, fun"

So you want forced pregnancies as a result of traumatic circumstances. How christian of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

She should be treated psychiatrically, of course...
    How should she be treated psychiatrically? Should she be insitutionalised so that she can be kept an eye on? Should she be prohibited access to things like coat hangers and knitting needles lest she try to perform an abortion herself? Should she be strapped to a bed lest she try take her own life?

What about the trauma of childbirth? The agonising decision whether to keep her rapists child or put it up for adoption? What about the post natal depression? Why should a child be forced to go through all that? Why don't you care about children who have already been born?
    Flier wrote: »
    Ok - I accept that you are being honest. But nonetheless, you are wrong. As a surgeon, I have been involved in the surgical management of ectopic pregnancy, and the result was not the 'unintentional killing of the baby'. It was fully intentional. And it saved the lives of the mothers.
    Can you please answer a question for me? I have heard that in Irelandthe treatment for ectopic pregnancy is to remove the entire fallopian tube, whereas in other countries an incision is made into the tube and just the foetus removed, with removal of the entire tube only if that is impossible.

Is that true, and do you know what, if any, implications that could have for a woman's future fertility?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

kylith wrote: »
    Why don't you care about children who have already been born?

Considering that many of yesterday's vigil attendees milled about taking up whole footpaths ensuring that everyone wanting to get past them needed to walk out on the road, in the heavy traffic, I'd say no. I had to make quite the ruckus to get them to make space for me to be able to keep my 10 week old son on the footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

iguana wrote: »
    Considering that many of yesterday's vigil attendees milled about taking up whole footpaths ensuring that everyone wanting to get past them needed to walk out on the road, in the heavy traffic, I'd say no. I had to make quite the ruckus to get them to make space for me to be able to keep my 10 week old son on the footpath.

Wow. What a crowd of inconsiderate people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭swampgas

not accidental, but obviuosly unintentional.

The intentoin is to save the life of the mother. Often times in these rare occassions the unintended consequence is the tragic loss of the baby...

There you go again, refusing to face up to reality with word-play and euphemisms.

Of course the intention is to save the mother, and often the intention is to save the mother by intentionally killing the foetus.

It's not like the foetus is removed and then the medical staff suddenly go: "What, the foetus died? How did that happen?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement