Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Where have I said anything remotely like that..?

Post Number #4355
    Post Number #4365
    Post Number #4369
    Post Number #4385

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭swampgas

I despair for unborn babies intentionally killed in any country..:(

Yet it doesn't make you wonder that millions of normal, educated, civilised people across Europe, even those with a strong Christian heritage, can see a case for abortion, even abortion on demand up to a certain time limit?

You say you despair about it - but do you ever try to understand it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Then a termination is not justified, no...

A bizarre notion to my thinking. Care to explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I despair for unborn babies intentionally killed in any country..:(

but don't give a flying about them once they are born, like most pro-lifers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Now you're just rambling I'm afraid.

The Pro Life campaign is very focussed on opposing legislating for X.
    We must choose our battles wisely and are doing so.

Anyone advocating for restricting rights to travel is peeing in the wind.

Are you suggesting the power to commit someone whom the Psychiatrists deem a grave harm to themselves should be removed? For real..?

Ah yes, dismiss the person who is asking you awkward questions. What an obvious tactic.

You lost X. 20 years ago in a Referendum. Fighting an already lost battle is not wise.

Why not restrict the right to travel? - it is the next logical step. It's what sparked off the whole X situation - restrictions on the right to travel.

Why are you not calling for them to be reintroduced?

Don't you care about all the Irish baybees being murdered in England?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

lazygal wrote: »
    And no concern expressed from you for the lives of born children who have been raped and made pregnant. Are you some sort of foetus worshipper? Do you do anything practical for pregnant women and children? The money spent on waving expensive signs and renting large screens could be better spent on born children in need, surely?

Mothers and babies are to be shoved into heavy traffic and scoffed at, the foetus fetish is where it's at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Flier

I'm moving to The Voice thread now homies...:)

Quality of debate from this one is probably more at home in a reality TV thread alright!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Flier wrote: »
    Quality of debate from this one is probably more at home in a reality TV thread alright!

Boom Shakalaka..!

Arrogant much..? :p

swampgas wrote: »
    Yet it doesn't make you wonder that millions of normal, educated, civilised people across Europe, even those with a strong Christian heritage, can see a case for abortion, even abortion on demand up to a certain time limit?

You say you despair about it - but do you ever try to understand it?

The intentional killing of unborn babies is completely unjustified in my view. Same with the Death Penalty.

What other countries legislate for is for them to deal with.

We can only deal with what is legisated for in this country...

Nodin wrote: »
    A bizarre notion to my thinking. Care to explain?

What part do you need expalining..?

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    but don't give a flying about them once they are born, like most pro-lifers

Straight out of the Choice Ireland propaganda office...:rolleyes:

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Ah yes, dismiss the person who is asking you awkward questions. What an obvious tactic.

You lost X. 20 years ago in a Referendum. Fighting an already lost battle is not wise.

Why not restrict the right to travel? - it is the next logical step. It's what sparked off the whole X situation - restrictions on the right to travel.

Why are you not calling for them to be reintroduced?

Don't you care about all the Irish baybees being murdered in England?

We must choose battles that we can win...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Boom Shakalaka..!

Arrogant much..? :p
    B0jangles wrote: »
    It may be a problem with tone not being transmitted across the internet but I am genuinely puzzled by the flippancy in so many of your responses Silvio.

I think both sides in the abortion debate tend to feel very strongly about their own point of view, and that's fine; strongly-held opinions can produce serious conversations.

Yours are very odd - you express some (in my opinion) very extreme views but in an apparently "humorous" manner, it feels to me like you don't really care about the issue at all, you are just looking for a response.

What's that all about?

In the faint hope of getting a real answer I'll ask again.

Now for Fair City, then my workout and a Novena before bed...;)

B0jangles wrote: »
    In the faint hope of getting a real answer I'll ask again.

Shucks.

I'm a good humoured kinda guy...:)

The intentional killing of unborn babies is completely unjustified in my view. Same with the Death Penalty.

Yet have you ever seriously tried to consider the alternate view? Doesn't sound like it.

Shucks.

I'm a good humoured kinda guy...:)

Who apparently favours encarcerating women who become suicidal at the prospect of continuing with an unwanted pregnancy.

Wacky stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Just reading back through the last few pages and I can't take any of silvios posts seriously, what with all the winks and smiley faces.

As usual, when questioned, there's no real response or debate just more one liners.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

We must choose battles that we can win...

You have already lost. Don't you get that?

There was a Referendum. The people decided.
    You lost.

You and people like you bullied successive governments into delaying the introduction of legislation - that is no longer possible.

Government now has no choice but to legislate in accordance with the results of the X Case or seek yet another referendum. If they try the latter they will be even more of a laughing stock then they are now and could well fall as that would give the Labour Party an excuse to withdraw from coalition and try and save themselves from total annihilation in the next GE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

What part do you need expalining..?

Well, why you'd put a woman through a lot of pain, suffering and put her health at risk and not just abort the miscarrying foetus...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

I really wish I could get more people to listen when I remind them the fetus cannot even feel pain till 22 weeks.
    The majority of abortions are at about 12 weeks.

I really want people to look a little deeper at the whole suicide / mental health debate too.
    At the moment hardly anyone is talking about women who don't want their pregnancy, her opinion is really being downplayed.
    They also talk as if mental health means you're too mad to know whats best.
    Its a lot more complex than that millions of women are living normal lives keeping their mental illness under wraps. Conditions like bipolar disorder can be dangerous as pregnancy is likely to trigger episodes.
    Many medications can't be taken during pregnancy, which would quickly cause a stable woman to become unstable and scared.
    I personally take anti-depressants, which are very dangerous to stop suddenly. Its very likely my suicidal thoughts would return if I were to stop taking them.
    I also wouldn't be able to take my ADHD meds, the only thing that allows me to work and be productive.
    I really feel this angle has been neglected in the debate. Women, unprepared for pregnancy, who would have their latent mental health issues triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

I have been trawling through this thread for the last 15 minutes and I am starting to feel sick!

Silvio Dante has 100% confirmed my suspicion that the motivation of many 'prolifers' has nothing to do with foetuses and everything to do with restricting women's rights!

I don't understand how anyone can be gullible enough to believe the facade of compassion and humanity from these monsters! How anyone can suggest that a woman who is suicidal because she is pregnant after being raped should be detained in a psychiatric institution to prevent her having an abortion. That is cruel, inhumane and an abuse of human rights. To even suggest such a thing is sick and disgusting.

Noodleworm wrote: »
    I really wish I could get more people to listen when I remind them the fetus cannot even feel pain till 22 weeks.

I really want people to look a little deeper at the whole suicide / mental health debate too.
    At the moment hardly anyone is talking about women who don't want their pregnancy, her opinion is really being downplayed.
    Its a lot more complex than that millions of women are living normal lives keeping their mental illness under wraps. Conditions like bipolar disorder can be dangerous as pregnancy is likely to trigger episodes.
    Many medications can't be taken during pregnancy, which would quickly cause a stable woman to become unstable and scared.
    I personally take anti-depressants, which are very dangerous to stop suddenly. Its very likely my suicidal thoughts would return if I were to stop taking them.
    I also wouldn't be able to take my ADHD meds, the only thing that allows me to work and be productive.
    I really feel this angle has been neglected in the debate. Women, unprepared for pregnancy, who would have their latent mental health issues triggered.

Yes, hugely important discussion point which has been almost completely ignored. I know a woman (American) on another forum who suffers from epilepsy. She could not get the best medication for her condition prescribed to her because she was a woman of child-bearing age and that medication could injure fetal development.

She has no intention of become pregnant. She is lesbian so unplanned pregnancy is highly unlikely. Yet she is getting inferior medical care because it is deemed possible that she might become pregnant.

A totally imaginary fetus is being protected at her expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

What are your thoughts on male masterbation Silvio? I am guessing you consider that to be 'mass murder' and the perpertrators 'serial killers'? All those little innocent sperm could have met with an egg the next day and instantly become a child.

Fertilised chicken eggs with a spot of blood that sometimes end up your supermarket carton? I assume you would be happy to pay the €30 for a box of six? The price of 6 whole chickens.

Just reading back through the last few pages and I can't take any of silvios posts seriously, what with all the winks and smiley faces.

As usual, when questioned, there's no real response or debate just more one liners.

Your call...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Straight out of the Choice Ireland propaganda office...:rolleyes:

As opposed to your clear and self evident facts is it?

All you have "added",and I use that looser than Earths gravitational grip on Jupiter, to this debate is the notion that unborn's are more important than every living person.

You have refused to fully answer questions put to you, have side stepped rational points, and when you can not think of a sentence to say, you just say "Stop killing unborn babies".

A world with choice is a better one. Ireland needs to move on from segregation and discrimination. Pro-Life in Ireland means that a woman is no longer legally in control of her own womb.

As Enda Kenny said on RTE; "Legislation for the X Case will not allow for Abortion on demand. It will protect medical professionals, mothers, the vulnerable, and the unborn."

Simple as. Legislate X. Move Ireland Forward.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    You have already lost. Don't you get that?

There was a Referendum. The people decided.
    You lost.

You and people like you bullied successive governments into delaying the introduction of legislation - that is no longer possible.

Government now has no choice but to legislate in accordance with the results of the X Case or seek yet another referendum. If they try the latter they will be even more of a laughing stock then they are now and could well fall as that would give the Labour Party an excuse to withdraw from coalition and try and save themselves from total annihilation in the next GE.

The rotund lady hasn't even entered the Theatre yet. This is far from over...

Nodin wrote: »
    Well, why you'd put a woman through a lot of pain, suffering and put her health at risk and not just abort the miscarrying foetus...?

If the mother's life is in danger then a termination should be carried out,and indeed is...

Noodleworm wrote: »

Thank you for sharing.

Your contribution confirms for me the necessity that all psychiatric care be available to women at risk...

• Advertisement

The rotund lady hasn't even entered the Theatre yet. This is far from over...

You'd better believe it. I sincerely think you're in for a bit of a surprise though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement