Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    How anyone can suggest that a woman who is suicidal because she is pregnant after being raped should be detained in a psychiatric institution to prevent her having an abortion.

Where have I said that?

The reason you're feeling sick can be immediately cured if you actually read my posts second time round...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭swampgas

Thank you for sharing.

Your contribution confirms for me the necessity that all psychiatric care be available to women at risk...

Now that's remarkably insensitive. You really really don't get it. You don't even get how much you don't get it.

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on male masterbation Silvio?.

I'd have never got through my teenage years without it...:D

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Where have I said that?

The reason you're feeling sick can be immediately cured if you actually read my posts second time round...:)

You've said as much in your own posts.
    swampgas wrote: »
    That sounds like a yes to me. So you think there are some circumstances where a woman should be confined if she's pregnant and considering an abortion?

Clearly I am saying yes, in the circumstances you have outlined. No brainer actually...
    Committal should be one of the treatment options available depending on how the pregnant victim is presenting, psychiatrically...

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Thank you for sharing.

Your contribution confirms for me the necessity that all psychiatric care be available to women at risk...

Even though Noodleworm made it abundantly clear in her post that many medications cannot be taken during pregnancy due to their possible effect on developing fetuses.

Hint: Most psychiatric care involves taking medication of some sort.

Thus: women with ongoing mental health issues will likely have to stop taking their medication during pregnancy and thus face very serious consequences as a result.

But that doesn't fit your weird narrative so you'll just ignore it as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just reading back through the last few pages and I can't take any of silvios posts seriously, what with all the winks and smiley faces.

As usual, when questioned, there's no real response or debate just more one liners.

I'm starting to think we're being well and truly Poed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

iguana wrote: »

I'm afraid not, unless it's at least a nine month plus, long game poe if you look at previous posts about abortion.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Ditto.

That's what I though and tried (delicately) to ask. How can anyone have such very restrictive views which would seriously affect real people and yet treat the whole thing as an extended joke?

Weirdly I do hope it's a failure to communicate tone over the internet, because the alternative is that we have someone here who thinks it is a huge joke to be callously flippant about the rights of millions of irish women. Pro- or anti- choice, at least treat it as if it is an important question, not just an internet points scoring exercise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

If the mother's life is in danger then a termination should be carried out,and indeed is...

You might stop acting the bollocks and answer the question in the scenario put to you.

What is the objection to terminating a pregnancy that is unviable/miscarrying? A detailed answer please.

koth wrote: »
    You've said as much in your own posts.

To clarify. Committal where a Psychiatrist thinks it best to prevent the threat of self harm...

B0jangles wrote: »
    Even though Noodleworm made it abundantly clear in her post that many medications cannot be taken during pregnancy due to their possible effect on developing fetuses.

Hint: Most psychiatric care involves taking medication of some sort.

Thus: women with ongoing mental health issues will likely have to stop taking their medication during pregnancy and thus face very serious consequences as a result.

But that doesn't fit your weird narrative so you'll just ignore it as usual.

So that means you kill her unborn baby? Hogwash...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

No.1 Video recommendation from that video.

Nodin wrote: »
    You might stop acting the bollocks and answer the question in the scenario put to you.

What is the objection to terminating a pregnancy that is unviable/miscarrying? A detailed answer please.

A word to the wise. Don't always expect to get the answer you demand. Otherwise you'll spend a lot of time putting your toys back in the pram...:)

Miscarriages happen all the itme, sadly, and when monitored closely by the relevant medical staff terminate thmeselves naturally.

However if the life of the mother is in danger then clearly an induced termination shuld and is carried out...

They really lower the bar on things that are inspirational if that is to be considered inspirational.

A truly patronising video that assumes people don't understand that having an abortion means that a woman won't have a child:rolleyes:
    To clarify. Committal where a Psychiatrist thinks it best to prevent the threat of self harm...

so you are changing your mind with regard to imprisoning a pregnant woman who is considering an abortion?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,419 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Moving on, looks like Enda has been getting some abuse on this issue. Probably from both sides, I would imagine.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0120/kenny-subject-to-abuse-over-abortion-legislation.html

so you are changing your mind with regard to imprisoning a pregnant woman who is considering an abortion?

I've been consistant on this from the start dude.

Re-read my posts for clarification..:)

Moving on, looks like Enda has been getting some abuse on this issue. Probably from both sides, I would imagine.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0120/kenny-subject-to-abuse-over-abortion-legislation.html[/QUOTE]

So Enda's been compared to a King eh..?

He should spend a day online as an advocate for Life...:)

So that means you kill her unborn baby? Hogwash...

Should she sacrifice her own long-term mental health to save a potential person?

No terrible jokes, dodges or "..." answers please

• Advertisement

So Enda's been compared to a King eh..?

Way to de-contextualise a noun there.

Anyone else notice all of this flack is coming from the self proclaimed "democratic and dignified" pro life groups?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

A word to the wise. Don't always expect to get the answer you demand. Otherwise you'll spend a lot of time putting your toys back in the pram...:)

Miscarriages happen all the itme, sadly, and when monitored closely by the relevant medical staff terminate thmeselves naturally.

However if the life of the mother is in danger then clearly an induced termination shuld and is carried out...

O look, more evasive nonsense. I'm just looking for an answer at this stage.

And you wouldn't terminate them earlier to ease any ill-effect on the mother why exactly?

I've been consistant on this from the start dude.

Re-read my posts for clarification..:)

No you haven't you said that a pregnant woman considering an abortion should be imprisoned. Then you changed it to women who are considering self-harm, whatever that ambiguous term means:confused:

Should she sacrifice her own long-term mental health to save a potential person?

No terrible jokes, dodges or "..." answers please

Killing her baby is totally unjustified in such circumstnces. No dodging here buddy.

She should however have access to every help offered by the Mental Health services...

Killing her baby is totally unjustified in such circumstnces.

A clarification.
    Baby:Noun
    A very young child, esp. one newly or recently born.

No one is terminating newly born babies.

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Way to de-contextualise a noun there.

Anyone else notice all of this flack is coming from the self proclaimed "democratic and dignified" pro life groups?

It wasn't me. I compared him to Mao but he thought I meant...:

4831455855181046.jpg

Bless him...:D

Killing her baby is totally unjustified in such circumstnces. No dodging here buddy.

She should however have access to every help offered by the Mental Health services...

Apart from such services that involve administering medication that might be damaging to a developing fetus.

Which effectively means extremely limited circumstances.

Nodin wrote: »
    O look, more evasive nonsense. I'm just looking for an answer at this stage.

And you wouldn't terminate them earlier to ease any ill-effect on the mother why exactly?

Them toys are getting a fair old battering...;)

Terminations should only ovvur when the life of the mother is in danger, in my view.

there is grave danger of floodgates being opened if we legislate in a way you describe. Not on my watch...

No you haven't you said that a pregnant woman considering an abortion should be imprisoned.

Show me the direct quote...

• Advertisement

Apart from such services that involve administering medication that might be damaging to a developing fetus.

Which effectively means extremely limited circumstances.
    No life saving medication should be denied any pregnant woman, to clarify...:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement