Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

no meds should be withdrawn if that results in her life being in danger...

The life of any person with a major mental illness who relies on medication is potentially in danger without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

swampgas wrote: »
    Unfortunately it will be Irish women, not you, who will be forced to take risks - risks to their physical and mental health, and risks to their life.

Exactly. Big talker when it's not your body under discussion. :rolleyes:

The smiley faces really lend the posts the touch of sociopathy to really sell it, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Miscarriages happen all the itme, sadly, and when monitored closely by the relevant medical staff terminate thmeselves naturally.

However if the life of the mother is in danger then clearly an induced termination shuld and is carried out...

See this I don't get. I see you have decided that a foetus as a potential life should be entitled the same rights as the living, I don't agree, but I get it. However, unless you are a member of some crazy religion I just can't understand the point in continuing to attribute the same rights to what is a doomed foetus.

If a person is floridly psychotic their life is in danger. If the medication prevents psychosis but harms the foetus should an abortion be permitted at the patient's request Silvio?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Did a bit of research and watched the video for the Vigil.

Never before have I heard such a twisted statement.

A mother of 2 stated that "Abortion is the ultimate form of Child Abuse".

So she would prefer a child to be born into a rapist family where it can be torridly abused for at least 15 years than for that foetus to have been aborted and not endure any pain when it becomes a baby when it would be born?

No wonder there were so many clergymen there, its a safe place for child abusers.

• Advertisement

~Off topic~

I just remembered I get email notifications from boards. Checked a minute ago, 47 unread, all from here :P

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Morag wrote: »
    Choice Ireland didn't organize the counter protest.

Those that did refused to censor the placards.

Unlike the slick American funded media machine which was shuffling people around to make those they brought up on buses crowd look bigger and younger.

1222_584803131545504_709084198_n.jpg
    http://ww.wsm.ie/c/turnout-vigil-life-dublin-jan2013

The Security was excellent... Cough cough, hint, hint...:)

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    The life of any person with a major mental illness who relies on medication is potentially in danger without it!

this is probably true in many circumstances...

If a person is floridly psychotic their life is in danger. If the medication prevents psychosis but harms the foetus should an abortion be permitted at the patient's request Silvio?

Absolutely not...

_rebelkid wrote: »

No wonder there were so many clergymen there, its a safe place for child abusers.

The tolerance of the Liberalista Agenda...:(

• Advertisement

On that sad note I'm away to my bed. Goodnight all...:)

Well Silvio? Should a pregnant woman on antipsychotics which are harmful to a foetus be 'allowed' an abortion at her request when stopping the medication is likely to cause a severe psychotic episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

The Security was excellent...

Please elaborate on that statement.

By the way if anyone else want to see the rest of the set of photos of the evening you can find them here and they are available under share alike creative commons.

Oh I see you answered! How do you justify that? Her life is at risk!

So does she have to stop taking the medication that harms the foetus and put her own life at risk, or can she keep taking the medication and the foetus will potentially be deformed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Well Silvio? Should a pregnant woman on antipsychotics which are harmful to a foetus be 'allowed' an abortion at her request when stopping the medication is likely to cause a severe psychotic episode?

Shush. Silvio is away to his bed.

How selfish are you to expect him to respond after bedtime, about such serious issues when he has repeatedly made his views known via a series of jokes, puns and flippant remarks. Silvio is as serious about these issues as um... Jimmy Savile is about ancient house restoration.

I.E. not even a little bit.

Unbelievable! What is it about foetuses exactly that makes them more important than people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

The Security was excellent... Cough cough, hint, hint...:)

I suppose, when your interfering Yank cronies are funneling money in, you can afford the highest price security.

Yeah I agree BOjangles! I am not sure why I am continuing to feed a troll when I identified it as such a long time back.

For those who may not have spotter the link posted earlier by Morag, this is the mathematical estimation of the maximum number of people who could have been at the event. 25000 my word that begins with "A" and rhymes with "farce"...

CompositeCrowd.jpg

Source: Workers Solidarity Movement,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Buses hired from across the country, Americans flown in specifically to protest and promising people free iPads, and they STILL had to lie about the numbers.

Sarky wrote: »
    Buses hired from across the country, Americans flown in specifically to protest and promising people free iPads, and they STILL had to lie about the numbers.

Oh and each of those signs they were handing out even on a bulk order,
    they run to about 4 -6 euros each.

Tweeted the pic and link to Youth Defence. Their reaction should be fun :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

_rebelkid wrote: »

CompositeCrowd.jpg

Source: Workers Solidarity Movement,

Im an not sure a website for anarchists (cough communists) is one that should be taken seriously. Why do looney lefty groups attach themselves to this debate? Don't they have a Dame St. protest to oganise or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

jank wrote: »
    Im an not sure a website for anarchists (cough communists) is one that should be taken seriously. Why do looney lefty groups attach themselves to this debate? Don't they have a Dame St. protest to oganise or something?

Oh wow, and you complained about your posting style being satarised. Not that it was necessary. Your posts are satire in and of themselves.

Jank's come in for the nightshift now Silvio's gone to bed!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrowdSize
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crowdsize/id378126107?mt=8
    http://www.downloadcollection.com/crowdsize.htm

Was the program/app used, sure try it yourself and see the data it kicks out.

No I am not an anarchists but I have meet a few nice ones who are abortion rights activists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

DB21 wrote: »
    Oh wow, and you complained about your posting style being satarised. Not that it was necessary. Your posts are satire in and of themselves.

I am not sure why pointing out that the source for that post is a website run by self described anarchists who by and large are a fringe group in Irish soceity. If pointing out that obvious fact is uncomfortable for anyone then so be it.

If you want to get figures of the march go to the Gardai sources. I dont much care either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Why do you think anyone would care?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

jank wrote: »
    Look jank, I've mentioned it already today, but for heaven's sake, will you try to say something that somebody might actually want to read?

A+A isn't After Hours and while I've said that tedium and silliness isn't against the forum charter, refusing to engage in a discussion is and you'll be carded, banned etc if you can't up your game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement