Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

So your noble and well run organisation is planning more violence, then? Thanks for the heads up.

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Agents of baby killing can expect direct action from impassioned advocates of Life...

so you're condoning violence now?

EDIT: protect the unborn but no problem with possibly killing someone who isn't on your team? Hypocrisy to the highest!

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

YD are a noble and well run organisation. To see YD, The Pro Life Campaign, Life International and Precious Life united on the one stage on Friday night was great.

Sure you can see them all together in their office the one at 60a Capel st.

As for the numbers even if there was 25,000 that is only 1/5th of the number of Irish women we know who have traveled to the UK for have an abortion and I am sure they all have easily 3 people in their life who love and support them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Agents of baby killing can expect direct action from impassioned advocates of Life...

"Agents of X can expect direct action from impassioned advocates of Y" has been said many times in various forms down through the years. Usually, things didn't turn out so well for all parties involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Trans: We are willing to use violence.

There it is folks. Plain and simple. In order to subvert the will of the people the 'protectors' of life are willing and able to resort to violence.

Bring it on crazy people. Your threats and bully boy tactics don't scare me. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

So your noble and well run organisation is planning more violence, then? Thanks for the heads up.

I'm actually not a member but am an admirer of their dedication to protecting unborn babies from the horrors of abortion clinics...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

You mean people like me who are involved in abortion rights lobbying?
    You mean people like me who had helped women get information for abortions?
    You mean people like me who have went with women who traveled to have an abortion?
    You mean women like me who have had an abortion?

What direct action should I expect?
    Cos if that is a threat then I would like to know so I can tell the garda just in case someone comes at me with a Hurley.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm actually not a member but am an admirer of their dedication to protecting unborn babies from the horrors of abortion clinics...
    It's just a pity they have no interest in protecting born babies from the horrors of reality.

koth wrote: »
    so you're condoning violence now?

EDIT: protect the unborn but no problem with possibly killing someone who isn't on your team? Hypocrisy to the highest!

The ability to indulge in arrent hyperbolé among some of you lot really is a sight to behold.

25 pages now and not one mention of the plight of unborn babies at the mercy of an abotionist.

Calous in the extreme...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The ability to indulge in arrent hyperbolé among some of you lot really is a sight to behold.

25 pages now and not one mention of the plight of unborn babies at the mercy of an abotionist.

Calous in the extreme...:(

If the pro-life movement wasn't really about controlling women, they would be campaigning for all the most comprehensive sex education and contraceptive availability possible to reduce the number of unwanted/unplanned pregnancies as much as possible, and also campaigning to make motherhood a reasonable proposition for those who feel they cannot go through with a pregnancy for social/financial reasons (ie. providing reasonably priced childcare, resisting cuts to the childrens allowance etc).

Do they actually do any of that? No. Their foetus fetish means they'd rather see women die as a result of non-viable pregnancies.

Who are really the callous ones?

• Advertisement

Calous in the extreme.
    ..:(

you could do with taking your own advice. And it's not hyperbolè as I gave examples of violence, which included burning down a building where someone could have been killed. And your response was, "Agents of baby killing can expect direct action from impassioned advocates of Life...".

You implicitly condoning actions where someone could have been killed, ergo not hyperbolè but a statement based on the content of your own posts.

That was a stupid comment and I retract it whole heartedly and apologise for any upset caused.

I'm not here to intimidate anyone.

seamus wrote: »
    It's just a pity they have no interest in protecting born babies from the horrors of reality.

What makes you so certain that members of Pro Life organisations are not interested in the plight of children and families who are in need..?

If the pro-life movement wasn't really about controlling women, they would be campaigning for all the most comprehensive sex education and contraceptive availability possible to reduce the number of unwanted/unplanned pregnancies as much as possible, and also campaigning to make motherhood a reasonable proposition for those who feel they cannot go through with a pregnancy for social/financial reasons (ie. providing reasonably priced childcare, resisting cuts to the childrens allowance etc).

Do they actually do any of that? No. Their foetus fetish means they'd rather see women die as a result of non-viable pregnancies.

Who are really the callous ones?

I just think it sad that people in today's society are conditioned not to care asbout the babies who are intentionally killed in abortion clinics.

How have we conme to such a point..?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

What makes you so certain that members of Pro Life organisations are not interested in the plight of children and families who are in need..?

Because they spend money on placards, large screens and buses. Instead of, you know food, books, shelter and clothing for needy children. Maybe the pro life organisations could provide detailed accounting breakdowns to show where the money is spent, so we can see how much they spend on the lives of the born?

I just think it sad that people in today's society are conditioned not to care asbout the babies who are intentionally killed in abortion clinics.

How have we conme to such a point..?

I think its sad people believe in forced pregnancy. I think its sad that a woman has to argue for reproductive rights when men don't have to in the same way. I think its sad that prolife people are obsessed with controlling what goes on in other women's uteruses. I think its sad that anyone thinks a raped child should be forced to remain pregnant, detained if she wants to have an abortion, and forced to birth her rapist's child. How have we come to such a point?

That was a stupid comment and I retract it whole heartedly and apologise for any upset caused.

I'm not here to intimidate anyone.

In the spirit of not intimidating anyone - Do you also retract where you called people callous?

I'm afraid I do not accept your apology but agree it was a stupid statement for you to make as it confirms that pro-birthers are indeed willing to engage in and condone violence.

You spoke rashly and unwisely but truthfully.

lazygal wrote: »
    Because they spend money on placards, large screens and buses. Instead of, you know food, books, shelter and clothing for needy children. Maybe the pro life organisations could provide detailed accounting breakdowns to show where the money is spent, so we can see how much they spend on the lives of the born?

The money collected by the Life camapign will obvioulsy be spent on expenses incurred in keeping the intentional killing of unborn babies out of Ireland...

The money collected by the Life camapign will obvioulsy be spent on expenses incurred in keeping the intentional killing of unborn babies out of Ireland...

How much is spent on keeping the born babies in Ireland alive and well until adulthood?

I think its sad people believe in forced pregnancy. I think its sad that a woman has to argue for reproductive rights when men don't have to in the same way. I think its sad that prolife people are obsessed with controlling what goes on in other women's uteruses. I think its sad that anyone thinks a raped child should be forced to remain pregnant, detained if she wants to have an abortion, and forced to birth her rapist's child. How have we come to such a point?

We came to that point hundreds of years ago - The question is why have 'we' not been able to remove beyond such thinking.

• Advertisement

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    In the spirit of not intimidating anyone - Do you also retract where you called people callous?

I'm afraid I do not accept your apology but agree it was a stupid statement for you to make as it confirms that pro-birthers are indeed willing to engage in and condone violence.

You spoke rashly and unwisely but truthfully.

All I can do is call myself out when I mess up, which I have done.

How you take it is up to you...

I have dealt with all of those points, maybe not to your satisfaction, but I have tried.

Care to take on my point about how no one here has had the inclination to view the plight of unborn babies at the mercy of an abortinoists clinic..?

How much is spent on keeping the born babies in Ireland alive and well until adulthood?

Billions I'd say via our funding of our Health and Education services through taxation...

Billions I'd say via our funding of our Health and Education services through taxation...

And how much has been spent on born children by prolife groups? We all pay taxes, regardless of one's stance on abortion.

I didn't realise the American funders were paying taxes here.:confused:

I have dealt with all of those points, maybe not to your satisfaction, but I have tried.

Care to take on my point about how no one here has had the inclination to view the plight of unborn babies at the mercy of an abortinoists clinic..?

I'm concerned about the born. I'm concerned about pregnant raped children who want to not birth their rapists' babies. I'm concerned about women carrying a foetus with no chance of life to term or endure late term abortion in another country. Beyond clumps of cells in utero, who are you concerned about?

And how much has been spent on born children by prolife groups? We all pay taxes, regardless of one's stance on abortion.

I thinks its obvious that the funds for Life camapigns are concentrated on kreeping abortion clinics out of Ireland.

But then again I could be wrong on that...

I'm concerned about the born. I'm concerned about pregnant raped children who want to not birth their rapists' babies. I'm concerned about women carrying a foetus with no chance of life to term or endure late term abortion in another country. Beyond clumps of cells in utero, who are you concerned about?

So you refuse to make an attempt. OK...

koth wrote: »
    I didn't realise the American funders were paying taxes here.:confused:

Now that would be a good trick...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Maybe it's because you're the only one here who sees life on these terms:

tumblr_mbwjhpuVpE1qgnx3ko1_400.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement