Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    No. What you are lobbying for is far worse.

You are lobbying to try and force a democratically elected government to ignore the will of the people as determined in a Referendum.

You are lobbying for fascism.

We're lobbying to protect the lives of unborn babies in Ireland and are doing so now because of the real and present threat emenating from Leinster House...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

What corruption..?
    You said that you were unconcerned about the possibility of political corruption arising from what appear to be very large amounts of money flowing into this country without oversight.

I've publicly wondered if there's a reason for that lack of concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

No.

There has to be a real and substantial risk to the life of the mother before a termination comes into the picture.

The Medical Council Guidelenes are very clear...

If the Medical Council Guidelines are clear why are doctors demanding clarity?

The Medical Council Guidelines are just that - guidelines. They are not law.

Why would you want me to die Silvio? Would you be happy to explain why my death was for the greater good to my grandchildren?

Would the risk to my life be real and substantial enough for you? Or would it be ok that should I survive the inevitable diabetic coma that I suffer permanent brain damage?

Would you be happy to look my grandchildren in the eye and explain why their Nana cannot remember them, or feed herself, or be their Nana who bakes with them, and takes them camping, and reads them stories any more because a bad man raped their Nana and put a 'baby' in her tummy and because that 'baby' was more important than their Nana....well...bye bye Nana.

Who is preventing you from taking your Meds..?

Read the link I supplied re medications that cannot be taken by pregnant women Silvio.

See that bit that lists Diabetic meds? - those are the ones keeping me alive.

Now...join the dots.

Sarky wrote: »
    Yes, you are. The supreme court decided that the X case ruling reflected constitutional rights. We're just looking for the law to catch up. You want the constitution changed, or ignored altogether. "No abortion for anyone, regardless of circumstances" is directly against the part of the constitution referenced in the x case.

Y'know, 50-odd years ago a lot of people might have called that treason. I dare say it would still count today. Why do you hate Ireland so much, Silvio? Do the people that fought and died for your freedom mean so little to you?

Fadó fadó fadó and all that.

I'll take my chances with Pearse and Connolly when I meet them in the next world. Meanwhile I'll focus on defending unborn babies from the horros of an abortion clinic...:)

• Advertisement

robindch wrote: »
    You said that you were unconcerned about the possibility of political corruption arising from what appear to be very large amounts of money flowing into this country without oversight.

I've publicly wondered if there's a reason for that lack of concern.

You dig away dude and see what you come up with...:)

Read the link I supplied re medications that cannot be taken by pregnant women Silvio.

See that bit that lists Diabetic meds? - those are the ones keeping me alive.

Now...join the dots.

I ask again. Who is preventing your access to your meds..?

I'll take my chances with Pearse and Connolly when I meet them in the next world. Meanwhile I'll focus on defending unborn babies from the horros of an abortion clinic...:)

While you ensure women will die.

Is this the part where I suggest you may be a 'murderer'? I know you pro-birthers like to throw that accusation around so turnaround is fair play...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭doctoremma

Meanwhile I'll focus on defending unborn babies from the horros of an abortion clinic...:)
    Perhaps your efforts might be better focussed over here in the UK, where Irish women actually get abortions?

If the Medical Council Guidelines are clear why are doctors demanding clarity?

I'm happy for the guidelines to be enshrined in legislation if that will ease the concerns of some Medics...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Grand so. The X case was a long time ago. You lost. Kindly drop it. Fadó fadó and all that, eh?

By advocating fascism and threatening "direct action", and a pig-headed unwillingness to actually answer difficult questions? Man, you're just a little treasure!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good to see Ronan Mullen is being typically Ronan Mullen ish...

http://www.newstalk.ie/Senator-claims-Taoiseach-rattled-by-pro-life-rally

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

You dig away dude and see what you come up with...:)
    Very hard to dig away at anything when nobody appears to publish any financial statements at all and the only people who post here -- ie, you and one or two others -- appear unconcerned about the possibility of corruption.

If that's the impression you wish to convey, then it's something you're doing quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Well despite all my searching I can't find any official Garda source for the figure of 25,000. Unless it comes from the press office you can ignore it, 9 times out of 10 when you read "Garda source" or "Garda spokesperson" it means the reporter asked a Guard on a barrier "how many people do you think are here" the Guard (who has made no attempt to keep track of numbers) replies with a random figure and then ends up quoted as a Garda source.

I ask again. Who is preventing your access to your meds..?

Don't like it when the reality of what you advocate is put to you do you Silvio?

You know those Medical Guidelines you put so much faith in - they would prevent me taking my meds as my meds are guaranteed to seriously harm any fetus that may be nestling in my womb rendering it nonviable .

But - and this is the doozie - not taking those particular meds which were determined by a medical expert as the ones I need to take to remain healthy and capable of actually having a life may not actually kill me, I could take fetus safe alternatives that would cost me my eyesight and increase my risk of coma/stroke/heart attack significantly.

Those same 'fetus safe' meds that my consultant has already determined don't work for me, but as long as the fetus is ok - sure what does my quality of life or life expectancy matter to you?

Sarky wrote: »
    Grand so. The X case was a long time ago. You lost. Kindly drop it. Fadó fadó and all that, eh?

You were the one channelling Pearse and the boys to promote your 'Choice' agenda...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

We're lobbying to protect the lives of unborn babies in Ireland and are doing so now because of the real and present threat emenating from Leinster House...
    You're lobbying against the Irish constitution and the will of the Irish people.

While you ensure women will die.

Is this the part where I suggest you may be a 'murderer'? I know you pro-birthers like to throw that accusation around so turnaround is fair play...

I've never used the word murder to describe abortion...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Yes, through fascism. That was the point. You don't even want a referendum on the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Killer?

• Advertisement

Never said you did.

doctoremma wrote: »
    Perhaps your efforts might be better focussed over here in the UK, where Irish women actually get abortions?

We must choose where our campaign is focussed on very carefully. No point wasting all those dollars on an unwinnable strategy...

Good to see Ronan Mullen is being typically Ronan Mullen ish...

http://www.newstalk.ie/Senator-claims-Taoiseach-rattled-by-pro-life-rally

Ronán is a valuable voice in the Seanad for the unborn...

No point wasting all those dollars on an unwinnable strategy...

Too late.

Still waiting to hear why you would condemned me to death/brain damage/blindness if I became pregnant as a result of a rape?

I am a mother, I am a grandmother - where is your protection of my life Silvio?

Don't like it when the reality of what you advocate is put to you do you Silvio?

You know those Medical Guidelines you put so much faith in - they would prevent me taking my meds as my meds are guaranteed to seriously harm any fetus that may be nestling in my womb rendering it nonviable .

But - and this is the doozie - not taking those particular meds which were determined by a medical expert as the ones I need to take to remain healthy and capable of actually having a life may not actually kill me, I could take fetus safe alternatives that would cost me my eyesight and increase my risk of coma/stroke/heart attack significantly.

Those same 'fetus safe' meds that my consultant has already determined don't work for me, but as long as the fetus is ok - sure what does my quality of life or life expectancy matter to you?

Has anyone threatened to prevent you fram access to your Meds..?

We must choose where our campaign is focussed on very carefully. No point wasting all those dollars on an unwinnable strategy...

Then why are you spending it on protesting the X case? You lost that battle over 20 years ago. The right to an abortion if it's making the pregnant woman suicidal is a constitutional right. At least two referenda were held since then that all agreed with this.

You lost. Game over. It's being legislated for. The government don't have any choice in the matter. Neither do you. Deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

And for many others who also can't think or feel.

He's a bloody moron, is what he is.

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Has anyone threatened to prevent you fram access to your Meds..?
    are you suggesting Bannasidhe poison the foetus by taking the meds?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

kylith wrote: »
    You're lobbying against the Irish constitution and the will of the Irish people.

We've got broad shoulders. We know the extent of the challenge here against the Liberal Agenda. But we struggle on...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement