Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It ddin't. It happened 30 years ago...

Let me see... can I think of a woman who recently went to hospital and, dying in agony asked for a termination which could have saved her life.... There's been something similar in the news recently, I'm sure. Let me think....

Is it wilfully ignorant you are, Silvio, or just daft?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Keeping mother and baby as safe as is medically possible...

It's not possible Silvio.

It's a simple choice :

a) Withdrawal of correct medication = brain damage.

or

b) Non viable fetus.

Choose Silvio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If you're incapable of choosing and need to consult a priest so he can tell you the difference between right and wrong, let us know, we can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    So does she have to stop taking the medication that harms the foetus and put her own life at risk, or can she keep taking the medication and the foetus will potentially be deformed?

Well Silvio? I asked this question last night about what you would recommend for a pregnant woman who relies on antipsychotic medication which is harmful to a foetus?

Deliberately killing your innocent unborn baby is never an option...

But deliberately causing me permanent brain damage is? :eek:

How casual you are with other people's lives Silvio.

So much for all those years and pounds/euros wasted on my education. Silvio has decided that it is preferable that I be brain damaged and my family effectively loose me. They can keep my Doctoral robes as a reminder that I was once considered good enough in a certain academic field to lecture in a university while they look into my vacant eyes.

Sorry Grandkids - Nana won't be back because a man we never met decided that a potential person is more important.

You will be sure to tell them I love them now won't you Silvio...you can do that after you change my nappy and turn me to make sure I don't get bed sores.

• Advertisement

Interesting how quiet it goes in here when questions are asked that can't be answered by simply spurting pro birth rhetoric!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

robindch wrote: »
    I'm not trying to insult anybody.

I'm simply asking why you don't seem to be concerned about the possibility of political corruption deriving from what appear to be very large amounts of unaudited cash swilling around.

Most organizations with an honorable corporate governance policy would be happy to open their books. But, as before, that's not happening here. Instead, you don't seem concerned about it, or even very aware of it, and I'm inevitably wondering if there's a reason you're avoiding the topic.

Like it or not anti-choicers is pretty insulting,which you know anyway otherwise you wouldn;t use it and would use instead the technically correct anti-abortion, and the direct equivalent of pro-abortionist.

I'm not for non national money being used to influence or polarise this debate in Ireland as it has became in the USA on either side, but there is money coming to the pro-choice side that is sourced abroad is my point, I'd ban all donations personally.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    They can keep my Doctoral robes...

You get to keep those? F*CK YEAR PEE HAYCH DEEAS!

Sarky wrote: »
    You get to keep those? F*CK YEAR PEE HAYCH DEEAS!

Lot that rent them out were flogging some off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

I can see this debate has moved nowhere from when I left last night.

I think The Ostrich Method best describes what's going on :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Keeping mother and baby as safe as is medically possible...

The low level trollery goes on, I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Like it or not anti-choicers is pretty insulting,which you know anyway otherwise you wouldn;t use it and would use instead the technically correct anti-abortion, and the direct equivalent of pro-abortionist.

I'd go with anti-choice. Like it or not. ;)

'Pro-abortion' is pretty insulting, though. I don't know anybody who is pro-abortion ("I think abortion is a good thing! Men should have them, too!").

A sperm is only half a baby, but a typical guy ejaculates millions of the buggers every week. I'm a monster :(

A sperm is only half a baby, but a typical guy ejaculates millions of the buggers every week. I'm a monster :(

MURDERER!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Dude relax, the church doesn't want to control us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

pauldla wrote: »
    I'd go with anti-choice. Like it or not. ;)

'Pro-abortion' is pretty insulting, though. I don't know anybody who is pro-abortion ("I think abortion is a good thing! Men should have them, too!").

I would have said the same until recently but I will say I am pro abortion rights.
    There are certain circumstances which mean women have the legal right to an abortion here in this country,
    so I am pro them being able to exercise that right.

Morag wrote: »
    I would have said the same until recently but I will say I am pro abortion rights.
    There are certain circumstances which mean women have the legal right to an abortion here in this country,
    so I am pro them being able to exercise that right.

I go with Pro-Birth as I certainly do not think YD and their ilk are pro-life.

I am pro-choice.

As is my 78 year old mother as was my died at the age of 86 in 1999 year old grandmother.

I believe in a woman's right to make her own choices about what happens her own body - if that choice is to stud her entire face with piercing and tattoo so be it - doesn't mean I want to do that.

If she decides to terminate a pregnancy - that is also her choice to make.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Like it or not anti-choicers is pretty insulting, which you know anyway otherwise you wouldn;t use it and would use instead the technically correct anti-abortion, and the direct equivalent of pro-abortionist.
    :confused: Uh, no. I put in "anti-choicers" for a laugh since I'm tired of the disjunctive language games -- played by both sides -- the only aim of which is to insult the other lot, or insinuate that they're unreasonable against some reasonable idea.

If the entire debate were starting again, perhaps it would be worth agreeing on terminology that's less inflammatory -- perhaps expressed in terms of rights with phrases like "mothers-first", "foetus-first" and so on. At least those terms describe what people's beliefs are in terms that are comparable and non-insulting.
    I'd ban all donations personally.
    Can't say I'm in especially in favour of banning non-national donations, unless it gets out of hand, but I am certainly in favour of political lobby groups and charities in general saying how much they're receiving, where they're receiving it from and what exactly they're doing with it -- for pretty much the same reasons that the political parties, lobby groups etc don't want this information made available.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

And X happened 20 years ago - what is your point?

That is cannot happen again?

But that is exactly what you are lobbying for....:confused:

We're lobbying for the X case not to be legislated for in Leinster House...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i don't really give a f**, i just wish we lived in a country where if a fetus is dead or dying, nobody else has to die with it. Shocking to think beliefs or lack of legislation can affect such a decision.

• Advertisement

Which would violate the constitution. Legislation for X has to happen. To try and change that is fascism, not democracy. How are you not getting this?

kylith wrote: »
    Let me see... can I think of a woman who recently went to hospital and, dying in agony asked for a termination which could have saved her life.... There's been something similar in the news recently, I'm sure. Let me think....

Is it wilfully ignorant you are, Silvio, or just daft?

Choice Ireland shamelessly hijcked the Savita death as did Kitty Holland, to further their goal of introducing aboetion on demand into this country...

If you're incapable of choosing and need to consult a priest so he can tell you the difference between right and wrong, let us know, we can wait.

I make a one stupid comment that I withdraw and apologise for, rightly.

You, however, make continuous slurs and attempted swipes at my belief systems.

Whats that all about..?

Then you are lobbying the government to ignore the will of the people as expressed in a Referendum.

You are arguing for the suspension of the Constitution in particular article 6
    All powers of government, legislative, executive and judicial, derive, under God, from the people, whose right it is to designate the rulers of the State and, in final appeal, to decide all questions of national policy, according to the requirements of the common good.

See that underlined bit? ALL POWERS OF GOVERNMENT DERIVE FROM THE PEOPLE.

The People have spoken.

You are lobbying to undermine the very fabric of the State and the implementation of a Dictatorial State.

But deliberately causing me permanent brain damage is? :eek:

How casual you are with other people's lives Silvio.

So much for all those years and pounds/euros wasted on my education. Silvio has decided that it is preferable that I be brain damaged and my family effectively loose me. They can keep my Doctoral robes as a reminder that I was once considered good enough in a certain academic field to lecture in a university while they look into my vacant eyes.

Sorry Grandkids - Nana won't be back because a man we never met decided that a potential person is more important.

You will be sure to tell them I love them now won't you Silvio...you can do that after you change my nappy and turn me to make sure I don't get bed sores.

As you know there are two patients for Medics to take into account. As it is their ethos to do no intentional harm both you and your unborn baby will receive the best treatemnt possible. Depriving you of your medication would never come under this umbrella...:)

Oh your back, any chance you will answer this now?
    It's not possible Silvio.

It's a simple choice :

a) Withdrawal of correct medication = brain damage.

or

b) Non viable fetus.

Choose Silvio.

I make a one stupid comment that I withdraw and apologise for, rightly.

You, however, make continuous slurs and attempted swipes at my belief systems.

Whats that all about..?

I think Sarky is referring to you making a choice between me being brain damaged and a fetus.

You chose my not having a life worth living. Sarky may have missed that. I did not...

Show off...:D

Choice Ireland shamelessly hijcked the Savita death as did Kitty Holland, to further their goal of introducing aboetion on demand into this country...

Eh nope, Savita's friends on the behalf of her husband contacted Galway Pro-Choice about how to break the story.

https://www.facebook.com/GalwayProChoice/posts/379753642107027

You have some weird fixation on Choice Ireland.

• Advertisement

Which would violate the constitution. Legislation for X has to happen. To try and change that is fascism, not democracy. How are you not getting this?

Not if the legislation is voted down in Leinster House. thats Democracyh...;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement