Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I think Sarky is referring to you making a choice between me being brain damaged and a fetus.

You chose my not having a life worth living. Sarky may have missed that. I did not...

You're right, I missed it. At least Silvio nailed his colours to the mast, even if they are thoroughly ugly and evil colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Not if the legislation is voted down in Leinster House. thats Democracyh...;)

No it has to be legislated for, if the bill gets defeated then a new one has to be drawn up and they try again.

You really have no grasp of how this works.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Then you are lobbying the government to ignore the will of the people as expressed in a Referendum.

You are arguing for the suspension of the Constitution in particular article 6

See that underlined bit? ALL POWERS OF GOVERNMENT DERIVE FROM THE PEOPLE.

The People have spoken.

You are lobbying to undermine the very fabric of the State and the implementation of a Dictatorial State.

Thats funny...:D

Anyway since when do we correlate a vote in Leinster House as Unconstitutional..?

Good luck with this one...;)

Not if the legislation is voted down in Leinster House. thats Democracyh...;)

It has to be brought in. There is no choice on the matter. The supreme court ruled it has to happen. Two referenda decided it has to happen. The EU decided it has to happen. One way or another, this country is legislating to allow for abortion in circumstances such as the X case.

It's happening. Your little tantrum is pointless. Deal with it.

I think Sarky is referring to you making a choice between me being brain damaged and a fetus.

You chose my not having a life worth living. Sarky may have missed that. I did not...

Just so wrong. But Voice Ireland's malevolent influence is strong here...

• Advertisement

Morag wrote: »
    Eh nope, Savita's friends on the behalf of her husband contacted Galway Pro-Choice about how to break the story.

https://www.facebook.com/GalwayProChoice/posts/379753642107027

You have some weird fixation on Choice Ireland.

So there is no link between Galway Pro-Choice and Choice Ireland? Seriously???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

As you know there are two patients for Medics to take into account. As it is their ethos to do no intentional harm both you and your unborn baby will receive the best treatemnt possible. Depriving you of your medication would never come under this umbrella...:)

One has to be harmed Silvo - there is no other option. It's either me or the fetus.

If I do not receive the exact medication I need I will go into a coma.

A diabetic coma always results in some permanent brain damage.

A coma of several months (lets say 9 months shall we?) would result in severe brain damage and the likelihood is that I would either never wake and be in that coma for decades only to die when they turn off the machines or I would be in a near vegetative state for the rest of my life but the fetus would be undamaged baring other causes.

or

I could continue to take the medication I need thereby guaranteeing harm occurs to the fetus.

It's me or the fetus Silvio - It should be my choice. Not some medics, not some clergy and certainly not yours.

No it has to be legislated for, if the bill gets defeated then a new one has to be drawn up and they try again.

You really have no grasp of how this works.

We did just fine for 20 years without it. Also how many times does it get rejected before the Liberalists carry out a Coup..?

So there is no link between Galway Pro-Choice and Choice Ireland? Seriously???

They are two totally separate groups working independently on either side of the country.

Sarky wrote: »
    ItThe EU decided it has to happen.

Get away. Do tell me more about that one...

• Advertisement

We did just fine for 20 years without it. Also how many times does it get rejected before the Liberalists carry out a Coup..?

Would you dare say that in person to Michele Harte's husband, mother or child?

One has to be harmed Silvo - there is no other option. It's either me or the fetus.

If I do not receive the exact medication I need I will go into a coma.

A diabetic coma always results in some permanent brain damage.

A coma of several months (lets say 9 months shall we?) would result in severe brain damage and the likelihood is that I would either never wake and be in that coma for decades only to die when they turn off the machines or I would be in a near vegetative state for the rest of my life but the fetus would be undamaged baring other causes.

or

I could continue to take the medication I need thereby guaranteeing harm occurs to the fetus.

It's me or the fetus Silvio - It should be my choice. Not some medics, not some clergy and certainly not yours.

If the medics feel you not getting your meds will result in your death then you will receive your meds...

If the medics feel you not getting your meds will result in your death then you will receive your meds...

Funny that Michele Harte didn't.

You've completely ignored Morag's posts containing evidence that we have most certainly NOT don'e "just fine" for 20 years without it. You should be ashamed of yourself. Read those reports. Realise what drivel you've been posting. Or continue shooting your mouth off and showing the world just ridiculous your position is. either's fine.

They are two totally separate groups working independently on either side of the country.

Yeah...

Both of whom just happened to unite and make a joint statement here..:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1218/breaking44.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Hello Silvio! Any answer to post #4546 yet? The one from last night where I asked you what you think should be done in the case of a pregnant woman who relies on antipsychotic medication which is harmful to the foetus?

You made it clear abortion shouldn't be an option, so I asked if you think she should be forced to risk her own life by stopping the medication, or continue to take the medication which will likely cause the foetus to be deformed?

Yeah...

Both of whom just happened to unite and make a joint statement here..:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1218/breaking44.html

and ?

They are still separate groups.
    Just cos YD et al is a the one group that doesn't mean pro choice groups are.

You've completely ignored Morag's posts containing evidence that we have most certainly NOT don'e "just fine" for 20 years without it. You should be ashamed of yourself. Read those reports. Realise what drivel you've been posting. Or continue shooting your mouth off and showing the world just ridiculous your position is. either's fine.

Ethics committees make these calls when they have all evidence put in fron of them.
    sadly michelle Harte died, not as a result of her pregnancy and indeed prior to the abortion taking place, her bab y was not killing her either.

Anabortion was sought and denied.

The pregnancy did not cause the cancer to speed up or spread...

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    Hello Silvio! Any answer to post #4546 yet? The one from last night where I asked you what you think should be done in the case of a pregnant woman who relies on antipsychotic medication which is harmful to the foetus?

You made it clear abortion shouldn't be an option, so I asked if you think she should be forced to risk her own life by stopping the medication, or continue to take the medication which will likely cause the foetus to be deformed?

She should have access to all relevant medical resources to ensure both she and her baby get through the pregnancy safely.

One things for sure, an abortion will kill her innocent baby...

and ?

They are still separate groups.
    Just cos YD et al is a the one group that doesn't mean pro choice groups are.

right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Emmm.... You really don't understand how the constitution works, do you? All laws must conform to what the constitution says (as interpreted by the Supreme Court). The Dail have no legitimate power to prevent a constitutional right being exercised. What successive governments have been doing since the X case is against every principle underpinning the republic. The constitution is the ultimate authority, and the only way it can be changed is by referendum.

Something else for you to mull over while you're dodging the questions you've been asked a dozen times: since the introduction of the constitutional ban on abortion, there have been 4 referendums related to abortion in Ireland. The pro-life side has lost all of them

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    Emmm.... You really don't understand how the constitution works, do you? All laws must conform to what the constitution says (as interpreted by the Supreme Court). The Dail have no legitimate power to prevent a constitutional right being exercised. What successive governments have been doing since the X case is against every principle underpinning the republic. The constitution is the ultimate authority, and the only way it can be changed is by referendum.

Something else for you to mull over while you're dodging the questions you've been asked a dozen times: since the introduction of the constitutional ban on abortion, there have been 4 referendums related to abortion in Ireland. The pro-life side has lost all of them

And yet we've done a fantastic job in protecting unborn babies from being intentionally killed in thie country...

I don't think you're quite getting it. You and your mysterious American dollars are betraying the Irish constitution, and the will of the people. You're the textbook definition of a traitor, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭28064212

And yet we've done a fantastic job in protecting unborn babies from being intentionally killed in thie country...
    So you're going to completely ignore the points that make absolute bits of the arguments you put forward, totally contradict what you've said, pretend it never happened and spout another happy-crappy phrase which means absolutely nothing and betrays your flippancy once again?

Well, you're consistent, if nothing else

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Thats funny...:D

Anyway since when do we correlate a vote in Leinster House as Unconstitutional..?

Good luck with this one...;)

Silvio - I don't know where you are getting your information from but, seriously, you need to inform yourself about how the system works.

I will try and make it simple for you.

The Constitution trumps legislation.

No legislation can be enacted if it goes against the Constitution.
    The executive power of the State shall, subject to the provisions of this Constitution, be exercised by or on the authority of the Government.

The only way to change the Constitution is by Referendum - the Government cannot do it by legislation.

In 1992 the people ordered the government to change the 8th Amendment and Legislate for X.

They do not have a choice.

They have stalled for 20 years but have run out of time.

That battle is lost.

It's like J C all over again with a different topic. Nothing but misinformation, lies, ignoring evidence and an endless torrent of f*cking smiley faces.

I don't think you're quite getting it. You and your mysterious American dollars are betraying the Irish constitution, and the will of the people. You're the textbook definition of a traitor, actually.

Harsh words, but technically he is arguing for treason - not only that but he is conspiring with people from a foreign State to do so....yes, traitor is technically the correct for such actions.

Being technically correct is the best kind of being correct.

Niamh Ui Bhriain, absolute legend...:

• Advertisement

Ethics committees make these calls when they have all evidence put in fron of them.
    sadly michelle Harte died, not as a result of her pregnancy and indeed prior to the abortion taking place, her bab y was not killing her either.

Anabortion was sought and denied.

The pregnancy did not cause the cancer to speed up or spread...

Really so the state paid her substantial compensation for no reason then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement