Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Surely that counts as a useless post (i.e. spam)?

Mine or his?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Mine or his?

Yours, obviously...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

So you'd be ok with a 34 week abortion n theory..?

What about partial birth abortions..?

Once there has been frank and reasoned between the mother and the medical professionals, I, theoretically, would not condemn them for doing it.

As for partial-birth abortions, they are an issue which does not affect Ireland, or even, the EU. There are no recorded partial birth abortions in any European country.

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Once there has been frank and reasoned between the mother and the medical professionals, I, theoretically, would not condemn them for doing it.

As for partial-birth abortions, they are an issue which does not affect Ireland, or even, the EU. There are no recorded partial birth abortions in any European country.

Wow, we have a live one here. No problem with an abortion up to full term and obtuse on partial birth.

Scary stuff, but thank you for the brutal honesty...

Wow, we have a live one here. No problem with an abortion up to full term and obtuse on partial birth.

I did not say I wouldn't have a problem. I said I wouldn't condemn them in the given situation, which was extremely vague.

Personally, I wouldn't want them to have an abortion, but if it is their choice which is no doubt made after intense self searching and discussion, I will not witch hunt them, unlike pro lifers.

I still don't see how imagining fantastical situation which would never occur in this country even if X was legislated for even partially makes up for your incessant dodging.

I have frankly and honestly answered all of your questions. Now it's your turn...

• Advertisement

I did not say I wouldn't have a problem. I said I wouldn't condemn them in the given situation, which was extremely vague.

Personally, I wouldn't want them to have an abortion, but if it is their choice which is no doubt made after intense self searching and discussion, I will not witch hunt them, unlike pro lifers.

I still don't see how imagining fantastical situation which would never occur in this country even if X was legislated for even partially makes up for your incessant dodging.

I have frankly and honestly answered all of your questions. Now it's your turn...

Oh yes. I already acknowledged your brutal honesty in your acceptance of abortions up to full term and refusal to even find a partial birth abortion unacceptable.

It takes some kind of brutality to deem such horror acceptable...

Oh yes. I already acknowledged your brutal honesty in your acceptance of abortions up to full term and refusal to even find a partial birth abortion unacceptable.

It takes some kind of brutality to deem such horror acceptable...

It takes some kind of idiot to use useless off setting of issues to try and push the attention off of their own mistakes, hypocrisies, u-turns, head burials, dodges and statements which even Hawking couldn't fathom.

If and when X is legislated for, the situation you outlined will never happen, no matter what "slippery slope" model you use. Non-condemnation is not the same as acceptance. I don't fully accept abortion after 26 weeks as I stated, but I will not witch hunt people who have abortions after. I do not agree, but I do not hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Silvio has you painted as a baby-killer now no matter what you say _rebelkid. He has a quote that he can latch onto and keep returning to.

It takes some kind of idiot to use useless off setting of issues to try and push the attention off of their own mistakes, hypocrisies, u-turns, head burials, dodges and statements which even Hawking couldn't fathom.

If and when X is legislated for, the situation you outlined will never happen, no matter what "slippery slope" model you use. Non-condemnation is not the same as acceptance. I don't fully accept abortion after 26 weeks as I stated, but I will not witch hunt people who have abortions after. I do not agree, but I do not hate.

Would you support legislating against partial birth abortions..?

fitz0 wrote: »
    Silvio has you painted as a baby-killer now no matter what you say _rebelkid. He has a quote that he can latch onto and keep returning to.

Rebelkid is giving open and honest answers here. Would you be as brave..? If so go right ahead.

Do you support the right of a woman to an abortion up until full term or do you prefer time restrictions. If so what time limit and why..?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

A brief but chiling glimpse into a future under an Irish Liberalisa Utopia.
    Not really.

You see, Silvio, A+A is a discussion forum which has some fairly strict rules about how people can engage with each other. Some people ask questions, others answer them. Some people put forward opinions, others criticize them. That's what a discussion is.

A discussion does not happen when one or more posters posts a string of repetitive and vacuous one-liners and continually avoids questions. Yes, that might work in a religious forum or in a church -- hell, it sounds just like a religious service, doesn't it? -- but it won't work here where standards are higher.

And people reading this thread, as well as the forum at large, will be able to conclude safely that just as an individual religious poster fails to answer the questions put to him, so too will the religious views they're attempting to defend also be seen, publicly, to fail. And bearing in mind the general tone of the views you're putting forward, that's not a bad thing.

Your almost-as-friendly-as-dades forum moderator.

robindch wrote: »
    Not really.

You see, Silvio, A+A is a discussion forum which has some fairly strict rules about how people can engage with each other. Some people ask questions, others answer them. Some people put forward opinions, others criticize them. That's what a discussion is.

A discussion does not happen when one or more posters posts a string of repetitive and vacuous one-liners and continually avoids questions. Yes, that might work in a religious forum or in a church -- hell, it sounds just like a religious service, doesn't it? -- but it won't work here where standards are higher.

And people reading this thread, as well as the forum at large, will be able to conclude safely that just as an individual religious poster fails to answer the questions put to him, so too will the religious views they're attempting to defend also be seen, publicly, to fail. And bearing in mind the views you're putting forward, that's not at all a bad thing.

Your almost-as-friendly-as-dades forum moderator.

Robin, I've been compared to Jimmy Saville, called a traitor and have been demanded to answer a hypothetical about a neanderthal baby in the womb...:D

I give as good as i get and usually do so with a smile and don't take myself too seriously.

If I'm banned from here then so be it. But lets call it as it is...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Would you have a problem if a woman needed an abortion at 34 weeks, not to save her life, but because she would be left seriously debilitated as a result?

Would you have a problem if a woman needed an abortion at 34 weeks, not to save her life, but because she would be left seriously debilitated as a result?

Why not just deliver the baby alive and kicking for pity's sake..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Flier

Wow - we've gone from legislation for the X case to partial birth abortions! That really is opening the floodgates!!

Would you support legislating against partial birth abortions..?

Majoritavely and within certain parameters, yes, but it itself is a greyer area than abortion at large.

May I note the ironic hypocrisy in your response to Fitz0 RE answering questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I give as good as i get

You really don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Why not just deliver the baby alive and kicking for pity's sake..?

So you don't cripple the woman...?

Majoritavely and within certain parameters, yes, but it itself is a greyer area than abortion at large.

May I note the ironic hypocrisy in your response to Fitz0 RE answering questions.

Certain parameters?

What parameters are we talking about here. Just an example or two will do..

Nodin wrote: »
    So you don't cripple the woman...?

At 34 weeks. Why kill the baby when you can deliver him/her alive..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Got a quote to back that up..?

Right here.
    And yet we've done a fantastic job in protecting unborn babies from being intentionally killed in thie country...

That's you, patting yourself on the back for your part in exporting the abortions.

Sarky wrote: »
    You really don't.

Hows about you then.

In theory would you support a more liberal abortion regime beyond X?
    If so would you impose a cetain time limit or would you do an Obama and say a partial birth abortion should be a decision made between the mother and her physician..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

So you don't cripple the woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

In this scenario, delivering the baby will leave the mother debilitated. You have a choice - abort the pregnancy, or cripple the mother. Choose.

Right here.

That's you, patting yourself on the back for your part in exporting the abortions.

Emmmm. No, its not...:D

Nodin wrote: »
    So you don't cripple the woman?

Explain the abortion process at 34 weeks then...

Certain parameters?

What parameters are we talking about here. Just an example or two will do..

As it is a largely unexplored area, no real parameters have been met, but there will, in all probability, be a situation where it would be the best option to ensure life. Not being a medical professional is an obvious hindrance, but the possibility of it being useful in the rarest of situations would exist.

As it is a largely unexplored area, no real parameters have been met, but there will, in all probability, be a situation where it would be the best option to ensure life. Not being a medical professional is an obvious hindrance, but the possibility of it being useful in the rarest of situations would exist.

Come again..?

Come again..?

Keep clutching Silvio.

The statement speaks for itself.

• Advertisement

Keep clutching Silvio.

The statement speaks for itself.

I think you're saying you could countenance partial birth abortions.

Thats pretty disgusting dude, even for an abortion advocate, seriously...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement