Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

You can also click on "view conversation" under tweets which are addressed to people to see a chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

You can still read it. Just google "youth defence twitter" or _rebelkid's twitter handle and you can read the twa... tweets.

At the rate YD were going, the word I think you were going for is apt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Flier

Why do Youth Defense 'clense' their facebook page of - I can only presume - negative comments. It's very strange reading one side of a conversation!! What exactly are they afraid of??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ah, Dana, I was wondering when she'd pop up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Her St Bridget's cross is up backwards...

ERMAHGERD - SATANIST! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Flier

Jesus wept! (Yes Dana, I know he is weeping) Even if you were pro life that ****e would put you off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Dades wrote: »
    Her St Bridget's cross is up backwards...

ERMAHGERD - SATANIST! :pac:

Dades noticed that Dana's St. Bridget's cross is up backwards....

ERMAHGERD - DADES IS SATAN!

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Did she say 'we need to storm heaven'? Wtf, is she trying to write a new song, or start a new band? Heaven Stormers for Life?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Is there a black hole nearby we could convince her and her ilk to fly a space shuttle into?

Stark wrote: »
    Is there a black hole nearby we could convince her and her ilk to fly a space shuttle into?

Perhaps if we framed it like this:

'oh look, the Rapture is manifest. Quick, board this Godly shuttle and fly towards the Creator little ones!'

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Dana
    All kinds of craziness remind me of you!!!

Say what you like about Dana, but at least she doesn't speak like Nadine Coyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You'd have to be mad to listen to Dana.

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Dana uses the constitution to justify not allowing abortion to happen in Ireland. That'd be the same constitution that says we must legislate for abortion in certain circumstances. Quit being a hypocrite, Dana!

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Or the referenda where we voted the opposite way to the way she claims we voted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Did she say 'we need to storm heaven'? Wtf, is she trying to write a new song, or start a new band? Heaven Stormers for Life?

Venom cover band, mebbe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I reckon Vigil Studios have Dana on wiretap and got the plot of the Darksiders games by listening to her rant. I will bet money Darksiders 3 will involve storming the gates of Heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Stark wrote: »

Space shuttle not big enough, need to construct the B Ark.

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Dana; the peoples Maniac.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Did she really say 'we need to storm heaven'? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Her St Bridget's cross is up backwards.
    Well, spotted.

I thought it might have been the remains of the carwheel from the presidential assassination attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

So let me get this straight, in the video Dana claimed that

a) the Irish people have consistently voted against abortion in referenda, which is false

b) that Ireland is a world leader in safe medical care which is both false and irrelevant

c) that the Abortion Act was brought in for the purposes of "exceptional cases" which is false

d) that the view of the overwhelming majority of the people is enshrined in the constitution which is false since 1) the pro-life side doesn't represent a majority view in almost any poll going back to 1997 and 2) it is the consitution which necessitates the current legislation

e) that the constitution enshrines the idea "that from the moment of conception life must be protected" which is false since the constitution makes no declaration about when life begins

With all these lies and deception it's almost like the pro-life side don't have any substantive arguments for their position. But that can't be the case, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Life must be protected...unless it's someone in the industrial schools or Magdalene Kazetts.

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    So let me get this straight, in the video Dana claimed that

a) the Irish people have consistently voted against abortion in referenda, which is false

b) that Ireland is a world leader in safe medical care which is both false and irrelevant

c) that the Abortion Act was brought in for the purposes of "exceptional cases" which is false

d) that the view of the overwhelming majority of the people is enshrined in the constitution which is false since 1) the pro-life side doesn't represent a majority view in almost any poll going back to 1997 and 2) it is the consitution which necessitates the current legislation

e) that the constitution enshrines the idea "that from the moment of conception life must be protected" which is false since the constitution makes no declaration about when life begins

With all these lies and deception it's almost like the pro-life side don't have any substantive arguments for their position. But that can't be the case, right?

Of course they do. I may be paraphrasing slightly but it goes something like this:

'Killing babies is murder'.

It is actually their strongest and only argument and one I can understand even as I disagree that a fetus is a baby.

But, rather then become outspoken advocates for all children and use their considerable resources to lobby that all children have a right to life they prefer to spend money spreading misinformation.

I find that interestingly narrow focused of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Dana makes her money appearing on Evangelical programs and road shows in the USA.
    This sort of stuff is really just a show reel for what she can be booked and paid for.

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    So let me get this straight, in the video Dana claimed that [...]
    Hardly needs to be added, but ratings and comments are disabled for that video.

No surprise, the pro life crowd despises anyone else getting a word in.

0 likes 0 dislikes

Well, they're getting better at disabling comments and ratings before anyone gets a say at all!

Audience

Top demographics
    Male, 45-54 years
    Male, 55-64 years
    Female, 55-64 years

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

robindch wrote: »
    Hardly needs to be added, but ratings and comments are disabled for that video.
    Tell me about it - I really wanted to tell her about her satanic cross.

It would have been awesome if it had been turned the right-way-round on her next *broadcast*. :D

It would have been awesome if it had been turned the right-way-round on her next *broadcast*. :D
    Yep. But I'm expecting it to be gone -- anything else would be a tacit admission that A+A knows Dana's religion better than Dana knows Dana's religion :)

Alternatively, well, I'm sure a quick message to the twitter feed of YD, Mr Quinn or even Dana herself if she has one, though I'm sure that EWTN have some keyboard warrior somewhere who's happy to pretend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I met Dana a couple of years ago and she was a very nice woman. She was surrounded by loopers though, that day and I am sure that if we had gotten onto this subject we would have ended up having to agree to disagree. Abortion sucks. But it is necessary at the same time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement