Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

pauldla wrote: »

Legislation will go through. That is inevitable.

Not if its voted down in the Dail...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

It is what it is...

Protecting life is important to me...:)

Consistency not so important ....:p

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Consistency not so important ....:p

Cheeky mare...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Not if its voted down in the Dail...:)

Firstly, there is no question of it not going through in the Dáil at this point. Secondly, it has been explained on numerous occasions to you that delay tactics doesn't mean that it won't eventually be legislated for. There is pressure on the government to legislate for this as they have failed to do so for over twenty years. If they start rejecting legislation after legislation, it would topple the government. :rolleyes:

It fascinates me that you ignore what clearly is the will of the people.(Even if Dana says it isn't, referendums disagree...)

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Firstly, there is no question of it not going through in the Dáil at this point. Secondly, it has been explained on numerous occasions to you that delay tactics doesn't mean that it won't eventually be legislated for. There is pressure on the government to legislate for this as they have failed to do so for over twenty years. If they start rejecting legislation after legislation, it would topple the government. :rolleyes:

It fascinates me that you ignore what clearly is the will of the people.(Even if Dana says it isn't, referendums disagree...)

If more TDs go through the Níl lobby than the Tá it won't be passed, simple as...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

If more TDs go through the Níl lobby than the Tá it won't be passed, simple as...:)

Means the wording won't be agreed. Then they will have to try again...and again...and again...and keep trying until a wording is agreed or the government falls.

They have no choice but to allow the basics required by the X Referendum.

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Even if Dana says it isn't

I stopped listening to Dana when she got the kink in her hair...:(

Hussy...:mad:

02530B4450ADED1606E0E5

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Means the wording won't be agreed. Then they will have to try again...and again...and again...and keep trying until a wording is agreed or the government falls.

So be it...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If that were true, you'd be in the UK protesting the abortion laws there, instead of flailing against a guaranteed constitutional right that is aiming to reduce deaths here. But you're not. If you were, you'd be campaigning for health education to help lower the unwanted pregnancies that sometimes lead to abortion, but you're not. You'd be out there on the streets screaming for the government to legislate things like X so that fewer women will die, but you're not.

You're only interested in looking like you care. You want the warm fuzzy feeling of being FOR something without any of the actual work involved. You are, not to put too fine a point on it, a fraud. A freeloader. An empty shell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

And don't forget, he doesn't give a **** if a woman becomes seriously ill as a result of being pregnant. Jugendschutz have told him that's impossible.

Speaking of Jugendschutz, I feel like making a Downfall parody when legislation for X comes through.

• Advertisement

I doubt you'll have to do more than video David Quinn's reaction. You can add in a little mustache later if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

~Off Topic~
    I fear an indirect invocation of Godwin's Law has occurred....

Would using German and a reference to a movie based on the events of 1939 to 1945 count as Godwinian activity?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

It is what it is...

How do help the life that's been born already? What campaigns are you involved in to protect say, premature babies born addicted to heroin? Or the babies born of mothers who can financially cope? What do you do about that sort of life? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Of course we will.

Advocating for life isn't a switch you turn off...

So you don't give a damn about democracy. Gotcha. Why want a referendum if you have no interest in democracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

I am going home tomorrow for a 5 week holiday! Will be nice to pick up a newspaper that looks like it belongs in 2013, rather than reading about abortion debates that belong to the 1960's! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Have a great trip, Kiwi! Enjoy the weather. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Bon voyage!

Sarky wrote: »
    If that were true, you'd be in the UK protesting the abortion laws there, instead of flailing against a guaranteed constitutional right that is aiming to reduce deaths here. But you're not. If you were, you'd be campaigning for health education to help lower the unwanted pregnancies that sometimes lead to abortion, but you're not. You'd be out there on the streets screaming for the government to legislate things like X so that fewer women will die, but you're not.

You're only interested in looking like you care. You want the warm fuzzy feeling of being FOR something without any of the actual work involved. You are, not to put too fine a point on it, a fraud. A freeloader. An empty shell.

Next time I need me self confidence dented I have your number, cheers...:D

_rebelkid wrote: »
    ~Off Topic~
    I fear an indirect invocation of Godwin's Law has occurred....

Would using German and a reference to a movie based on the events of 1939 to 1945 count as Godwinian activity?

Everybody, DRINK!!! :)

lazygal wrote: »
    How do help the life that's been born already? What campaigns are you involved in to protect say, premature babies born addicted to heroin? Or the babies born of mothers who can financially cope? What do you do about that sort of life? :)

I contribute to the SVP and have volunteered my services to fundraising events for Crumlin Hospital.

Not that I have to justify myself to you...:)

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    So you don't give a damn about democracy. Gotcha. Why want a referendum if you have no interest in democracy?

TDs can vote Tá or Níl...:) Thats whats its come down to. Thats why we're lobbying intensively. Its come down to this. It may be the last line of defence for unborn babies in Ireland and we'll do our best to prevent the intentional killing of unborn life being legislated for...:)

Next time I need me self confidence dented I have your number, cheers...:D

You could just look at reality, it's quicker and cheaper. You're fighting a war that was lost two decades ago. You're holding onto this ideal of sacred life so tightly that you're strangling it to death. You're so caught up in the mentality of the righteous crusader that you can't see the innocent lives you're ruining.

If I were you I'd be less worried about my self-confidence and more worried about the blood on my hands. If you were looking at your thoughts, words and actions with anything resembling clear sight, you'd have bowed out in shame and found another, less evil way to find self-validation.

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    I am going home tomorrow for a 5 week holiday! Will be nice to pick up a newspaper that looks like it belongs in 2013, rather than reading about abortion debates that belong to the 1960's! ;)
    NZ is a paradise of enlightenment eh..?

Tell that to the down trodden Polynesian communities of working class Auckland who face a daily trial of racism and descrinmination...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

TDs can vote Tá or Níl...:)

I really don't think there's any point engaging you again in this, you're either a bit slow on the uptake or just trying to wind us up :):):):):):)

I wish that bloody smiley face was disabled :mad:

Sarky wrote: »
    You could just look at reality, it's quicker and cheaper. You're fighting a war that was lost two decades ago. You're holding onto this ideal of sacred life so tightly that you're strangling it to death. You're so caught up in the mentality of the righteous crusader that you can't see the innocent lives you're ruining.

If I were you I'd be less worried about my self-confidence and more worried about the blood on my hands. If you were looking at your thoughts, words and actions with anything resembling clear sight, you'd have bowed out in shame and found another, less evil way to find self-validation.

And you came back for seconds.

You've got it bad mate if you get your kicks out of personal insults...

I really don't think there's any point engaging you again in this, you're either a bit slow on the uptake or just trying to wind us up :):):):):):)

I wish that bloody smiley face was disabled :mad:

Whatpart of my post was incorrect..? :)

And you're starting to sound like a nerve has been struck. I think you're in denial. Deep down you know your cause is hurting people, but you're either too afraid or too stubborn to admit it to yourself. That's very unhealthy, you know. Repressing your conscience like that won't work forever. One day it'll all come bubbling back up to the surface. The sooner you deal with it, the happier you'll be. You just have to take that first step.

Interesting to note you think my last post was a personal insult though. It contained nothing of the sort. Why such a harsh reaction to my words? Is there perhaps a glimmer of truth to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Baby is such a soft emotive word.
    Killing is a hard emotive word.
    I prefer the term 'extracting extraneous cells'

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I suspect we've all had a few drinkies, people (me too).

Let's not let it get too personal here. It's possible to completely disagree and not decend to ad hominems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Whatpart of my post was incorrect..? :)

I can't believe I'm explaining this again after I and others have already clearly detailed it out for you.

It doesn't matter how hard you lobby for the politician to vote Ta or Nil. All they are voting on is what wording is on the legislation, not that it won't go through. It HAS to, as the laws of the land are determined by the Constitution, which can only be changed by refererendum. Which has already happened and been passed.

If wording is rejected, it will just be reworded and resubmitted until a Ta vote happens and the legislation goes through- or else effectively the Government are acting in a treasonous manner, and will fall.

It's what democracy and a republic is all about.

If this isn't clear enough (or the other explanations given to you by the other posters) I would suggest doing a bit of research into how the goverment of this country works, as you're effectively wasting your time with this campaign as it is futile.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement