Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

lazygal wrote: »
    I don't know what that means.... :)
    Termination/abortion already takes place in Irish hospitals.... :)
    The legal situation is being clarified..... :)

I'd be happy for the present situation to ve calrified in legislation.

Whats the problem..?

Once intentional killing of unborn, innocent, life remains off the agenda...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I whole heartedly disagree with you...
    If there was a referendum on abortion next week and a majority voted in favour of more liberal abortion laws would you accept it as a valid result and that the will of people be respected?... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭swampgas

I whole heartedly disagree with you...

Can you justify why you think it's any way ethical to undermine your fellow citizens by trying to distort the way legislation is made on their behalf?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Whats the problem..?

Termination/abortion which kills the unborn already takes place I'm Irish hospitals:)
    Doctors perform them every year without legal clarity:)

If there was a referendum on abortion next week and a majority voted in favour of more liberal abortion laws would you accept it as a valid result and that the will of people be respected?... :)

I'd have no choice, abhorrant is it would be.

Though I'd not stop advocating for all unborn life put to the mercy of an abortionists death chamber...

• Advertisement

swampgas wrote: »
    Can you justify why you think it's any way ethical to undermine your fellow citizens by trying to distort the way legislation is made on their behalf?

Because said legislation will result in the intenional killing of human life.

It really is that simple...:)

Termination/abortion which kills the unborn already takes place I'm Irish hospitals:)
    Doctors perform them every year without legal clarity:)

Agreed, with the important caveat that terminations at present are not carried out to intentionally kill the unborn baby.

Rather, the intent is to save the mother's life...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'd have no choice, abhorrant is it would be.

Though I'd not stop advocating for all unborn life put to the mercy of an abortionists death chamber...

Whats "an abortionists death chamber"? A source to back up your answer please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Of course it is...

Wilful ignorance.

Because said legislation will result in the intenional killing of human life.

It really is that simple...:)

It's that simple to you. It's not that simple to everyone else.

You'd fit right in with the Taliban, with your absolutist moral positions and complete disregard for democracy and other peoples views.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Nodin wrote: »

A strawman I'd say.

A room where mother and unborn baby go through a 'procedure' to kill the baby, carried out by a 'doctor'...

Chilling, isn't it..?

You'd fit right in with the Taliban.

Yadda, yadda, yadda...:rolleyes:

Yadda, yadda, yadda...:rolleyes:

Do you have anything to contribute yet or are you going to continue to posting ignorant soundbites with an emoticon at the end? Because this is a discussion forum.

A room where mother and unborn baby go through a 'procedure' to kill the baby, carried out by a 'doctor'...

Chilling, isn't it..?

Abortions take place in an operating theatre, afaik. You're just continuing the "Waaah...." effort.

Why are you putting 'Doctor' in such a manner?

Because he doesn't understand medical terminology.

Do you have anything to contribute yet or are you going to continue to posting ignorant soundbites with an emoticon at the end? Because this is a discussion forum.

When the discussion turns to me fitting in with the Taliban you can expect more Yadda's. :D

Chilling, isn't it..?

Nope, that's not chilling at all. Your attitude to women however ....

Abortions take place in an operating theatre, afaik. You're just continuing the "Waaah...." effort.

Why are you putting 'Doctor' in such a manner?

To my mind, operating theatres' function is to extend and/or protect life. Not intentionally end life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Flier

Just catching up.

Terminations where the baby is viable obviously...

What on earth are you talking about now? Do you mean pre term delivery? Do you know what you mean?
    I don't know what that means.... :)
    Termination/abortion already takes place in Irish hospitals.... :)
    The legal situation is being clarified..... :)

Seriously - one neon yellow emoticon addicted poster is enough. Serious headache coming on!

Whats the problem..?

That is precisely what our elected representatives are trying to do. Clarify the present situation in legislation. What is the problem?

If a mother's life needs to be saved by intentionally aborting the embryo / foetus, then that has to happen. You can't have it both ways. Either you are in favour of abortion in that scenario, or you are willing to allow mothers to die.

• Advertisement

When the discussion turns to me fitting in with the Taliban you can expect more Yadda's. :D

I think the Taliban comparison works. You have repeatedly expressed your view that other people's views, and democratic principles, don't matter to you, and that your version of what's right and wrong must be imposed on everyone else. Sounds like the Taliban to me.

To my mind,...

....is irrelevant, in that there are people who believe phone boxes read their minds, but that doesn't mean the rest of us have to entertain their notions.

'doctor' - why did you write it with ' around the term?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

A point;

I have been in an abortion clinic, and have been in an operating theater.
    If you swapped the signs on the doors, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

No death chamber nonsense. No killing of babies. Just termination of pregnancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

I should say that I think Ireland is in a somewhat unfortunate position when it comes to abortion.

"This subsection shall not limit freedom to travel between the State and another state. This subsection shall not limit freedom to obtain or make available, in the State, subject to such conditions as may be laid down by law, information relating to services lawfully available in another state." --The Irish Constitution

This is obviously a problem for the pro-life side, but I feel it is also a problem for the pro-choice side, because it prevents the build up of pressure that would be needed to introduce abortion rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Silvio, can you at least use the multi-quote button when posting? It's a bit of a nuisance scrolling through double/triple/quadruple-posts from you.

Flier wrote: »
    Just catching up.

What on earth are you talking about now? Do you mean pre term delivery? Do you know what you mean?

Seriously - one neon yellow emoticon addicted poster is enough. Serious headache coming on!

That is precisely what our elected representatives are trying to do. Clarify the present situation in legislation. What is the problem?

If a mother's life needs to be saved by intentionally aborting the embryo / foetus, then that has to happen. You can't have it both ways. Either you are in favour of abortion in that scenario, or you are willing to allow mothers to die.

If the present medical council guidelines alone were to be legislated for I'd have no problem...

I think the Taliban comparison works. You have repeatedly expressed your view that other people's views, and democratic principles, don't matter to you, and that your version of what's right and wrong must be imposed on everyone else. Sounds like the Taliban to me.

"Right, off with his tongue..."

Now that's Taliban...:D

_rebelkid wrote: »
    A point;

I have been in an abortion clinic, and have been in an operating theater.
    If you swapped the signs on the doors, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

And..?

Silvio, can you at least use the multi-quote button when posting? It's a bit of a nuisance scrolling through double/triple/quadruple-posts from you.

Never have and don't intend to either. Nothing personal. Unlike others here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

And..?

Well you said they were "Death Chambers". They are not. It may be anecdotal, but I have seen otherwise. Any video search will prove that.

You also said that women in abortion clinics "go through" a procedure, making it sound like they are subjected to it. They are not. They have chosen to have the abortion, so they undertake or have the procedure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement