Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

lazygal wrote: »
    When is a termination not a termination? Why is your justification legitimate? Why do you priotise the unborn over the born?

It's not the termination thats the cruz, its the intent behind it...

Nodin wrote: »
    Why did you write doctor as 'doctor'?

Any doctor who values their oath to 'never do harm' would never consider intnetionally killing unborn babies...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭swampgas

Any doctor who values their oath to 'never do harm' would never consider intnetionally killing unborn babies...

They don't usually. Mostly they terminate a foetus. Different thing. Next thing you'll be saying "pre-born children" or "pre-born adults" or "pre-born hospice residents".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

It's not the termination thats the cruz, its the intent behind it...

Like the intention to allow a couple to maintain their current lifestyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

Like swampgas said they don't usually. Usually, this is because a lot of doctors, say in the UK for example, don't take the oath. It varies from country to country but there is no legal obligation to take an oath. It is still customary in the US, for instance but even there, there is no consistency on the wording of the oath. So you're misrepresenting the situation a bit, which is unlike you.;)

The fact is that situations which require the termination of the pregnancy involve a conflict of rights, which has been explained to you before. The doctor has a duty of care to his patient, the mother, and it is her which he must keep from harm and injustice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

So more nonsense. Thought as much, but its always best to check.

swampgas wrote: »
    Mostly they terminate a foetus.
    Different wording, same disgusting result...

Like the intention to allow a couple to maintain their current lifestyle?

And if that means killing their unborn offspring, so be it...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Different wording, same disgusting result...

Is a termination to save a woman's life the same disgusting result?

lazygal wrote: »
    Is a termination to save a woman's life the same disgusting result?

In my view, if the intention to kill the unborn life is not there, then it is a tragic consequence of saving the mother's life...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

In my view, if the intention to kill the unborn life is not there, then it is a tragic consequence of saving the mother's life...

No, the intention is there. Your failure to understand this would be amusing if it weren't so tragically ignorant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

...:(
    Silvio,... just... a... quick... note... --... can... you... please... drop... the... multiple... full... stops and... smilies... at... the... end... of... each... sentence???... ... Your... current... posting... style... suggests... you... suffer... from... Parkinson's... Disease....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

So theres no human life taken in abortion clinics? Really..?
    When is it called life though? Most people would agree that it's when the foetus is independently viable. Funnily enough the bible puts it much later than that; at birth
    , He “breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and it was then that the man became a living being”

So neither science nor religion puts Life as beginning at conception. Where are you getting this information that it does?

robindch wrote: »
    Silvio,... just... a... quick... note... --... can... you... please... drop... the... multiple... full... stops and... smilies... at... the... end... of... each... sentence???... ... Your... current... posting... style... suggests... you... suffer... from... Parkinson's... Disease....

No Parkinsons, thank God...

If you note my posting style over my time in Forumdom, both here and elsewhere in the last decade, you will see the full stops are a part my style and it won't be stopping.

The smilies are also regular features of my posts.

So I can't be of much help to you...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

He's like this thread's very own J C; showing off everything that is wrong with his ideological position.... with added :)....

the full stops are a part my style and it won't be stopping. The smilies are also regular features of my posts.
    On an internet forum, you are what you post.

As I said above, your posting style suggests you have Parkinson's Disease. Or perhaps some peculiar stutter, just as all-capitals suggests shouting and posts filled with misspellings and grammatical errors suggest clumsiness and carelessness.

By all means, continue adding the full stops and smilies if you want to. They add nothing to your posts except the suggestion that you suffer from some mild cognitive impediment.

As I said above, your posting style suggests you have Parkinson's Disease. Or perhaps some peculiar stutter, just as all-capitals suggests shouting and posts filled with misspellings and grammatical errors suggest clumsiness and carelessness.

No stutter either though I do have mild Cerebral Palsey and dyslexia...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Could people stop calling Silvio a troll please? It's an insult to people who take trolling seriously as an art form. Trolling requires wit, subtlety and knowledge of the subject, and Silvia has so far displayed none of these.

What happened to the word muppet? It has become criminally underused, and I think it's far more appropriate in this case.

[...] I do have mild Cerebral Palsey and dyslexia...:)
    Sorry to hear it, though apart from the full-stops, I haven't noticed much sign of either. Still, as this is an internet forum which places a high value upon the use of clear, well-styled English, you'll detract, probably quite significantly, from your message by including these unnecessary, inelegant and frankly annoying stylistic hiccups.
    Sarky wrote: »
    What happened to the word muppet?
    It's not used in this forum, that's what happened to it.

Sorry to hear it.

Your sympathy is wholly unecessary...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Your sympathy is wholly unecessary...

Do you not agree with sympathy for those who have been born Silvio - is all your sympathy reserved only for the unborn?

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Do you not agree with sympathy for those who have been born Silvio - is all your sympathy reserved only for the unborn?

I don't require faux sympathy from strangers who mock me in different ways and suggest I have Parkinsons. Such peoles' own issues are shown by their personal attacks on others. Moderator or not.

Believe me, I live a very full and productive life so spare your abundant sympathy for those who really need it...:)

Heh, sure you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Believe me, I live a very full and productive life so spare your abundant sympathy for those who really need it...:)

You mean like those women and girls whose full and productive lives are cut short?

I don't require faux sympathy from strangers who mock me in different ways and suggest I have Parkinsons. Such peoles' own issues are shown by their personal attacks on others. Moderator or not.
    Firstly, it's quite strange to hear you describe my comment as "unnecessary", then as "faux sympathy", then as an "attack". It was meant genuinely.

Secondly, you still don't appear to get the point that I'm making that this forum has a high standard of written English and if you choose to write in a style that irritates most posters, then you will succeed first in irritating most posters. Quite apart from whatever point you are trying to get across.

Firstly, it's quite strange to hear you describe my comment as "unnecessary", then as "faux sympathy", then as an "attack". It was meant genuinely.

Well thats how you are being perceived.

Maybe you should reconsider your wording in future...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Well thats how you are being perceived.

By you.....I didn't perceive it that way.

If he were to reconsider his perceptions in future, I think everyone would be happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Sarky wrote: »
    Could people stop calling Silvio a troll please? It's an insult to people who take trolling seriously as an art form. Trolling requires wit, subtlety and knowledge of the subject, and Silvia has so far displayed none of these.

What happened to the word muppet? It has become criminally underused, and I think it's far more appropriate in this case.
    Well, if you would think of the babies! x100 I wouldn't care about his posting style if it didn't consist pretty much entirely of repeatedly saying the exact same thing.

• Advertisement

Seriously guys, rise above it.

My posting style is what it is.

It ain't going to change anytime soon...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement