Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Morag wrote: »
    The money they get is already allocated and they won't be diverting those funds into a separate campaign.
    They shouldn't be getting a penny in the ifrst place...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Our mission is to achieve women's equality and empower women to work together to remove inequalities.
    I know, what a bunch of utter bastards

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

28064212 wrote: »

Exactly. As a christian country, women should either accept their second class status or move somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Exactly. As a christian country, women should either accept their second class status or move somewhere else.

Equality sounds like something those godless folks in Europe would make us follow.

28064212 wrote: »

They have no qualms about advocaiting for aborting female unborn babies... Thats equality NWC style for ya...

• Advertisement

ShooterSF wrote: »

What second class status..?

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

They have no qualms about advocaiting for aborting female unborn babies... Thats equality NWC style for ya...

Link to source that the NWC advocate for aborting female babies? As if a womens group would even consider such a thing:rolleyes:

If you can read this, you're too close!

[Citation needed]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

What second class status..?

Oh, and let's not forget:
    Gay 'marriage' is a very rare phenomenon. The vast majority of countries have no such concept in their legislative books.

I suggest we give it 50-75 year to see how it goes in countries where its been introduced and we see then if its for us or not...

By this logic, women should have only got the vote in the 1970s!

Oh, and let's not forget:

By this logic, women should have only got the vote in the 1970s!

We only got to keep working after marriage in the 1970s, and only then because Europe made us.

• Advertisement

koth wrote: »
    Link to source that the NWC advocate for aborting female babies? As if a womens group would even consider such a thing:rolleyes:

Direct quote..:

The IFPA is committed to an Ireland where there is full access to high quality information, education and health services regarding sex, sexuality, conception, contraception, safe abortion and sexually transmitted infections.

http://www.nwci.ie/members/memberslist/irish-family-planning-association/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Direct quote..:

The IFPA is committed to an Ireland where there is full access to high quality information, education and health services regarding sex, sexuality, conception, contraception, safe abortion and sexually transmitted infections.

Sounds good to me.

Direct quote..:

Thank you for showing that you deliberately misrepresented the NWC and their stance on abortion. It clearly doesn't endorse abortion of only female babies.

Sounds good to me.

I'm sure it does :(

However it confirms my original point that the NWC is advocating for the intentional killing of female unborn babies. Equality? Yeah right...:rolleyes:

Thank you showing that you deliberately misrepresented the NWC and their stance on abortion. It clearly doesn't endorse abortion of only female babies.

I didn't say 'only'. Please read my posts more carefully in future...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Flier

They do not advocate aborting female unborn babies. Please read your own posts more carefully before posting.

You only stated that they advocate for female babies to be aborted. It's not unreasonable to presume you were implying only female are to be aborted if the NWC were listened to.

The actually advocate for safe abortions, they make no statement about the gender of the foetus being a determining factor as to whether the abortion should go ahead.

It's bottom of the barrel stuff you're attempting with what you posted.

Flier wrote: »
    They do not advocate aborting female unborn babies. Please read your own posts more carefully before posting.

I stand over my contention and they back me up with their own words...:)

You only stated that they advocate for female babies to be aborted. It's not unreasonable to presume you were implying only female are to be aborted if the NWC were listened to.

The actually advocate for safe abortions, they make no statement about the gender of the foetus being a determining factor as to whether the abortion should go ahead.

It's bottom of the barrel stuff you're attempting with what you posted.

Hmmm. They are happy to support killing female unborns and you accuse me of being bottom of the barrel. Go figure...:rolleyes:

No, they don't. Please stop telling fibs.
    Direct quote..:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Flier

Look Silvio, I'm not going to waste my time explaining the nuances of the English language to you. If you have a problem with your use of it, I suggest you do some more study before bothering us with your lack of understanding in the future. I really think enough time has been wasted on you already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

helenlovejoy.jpg

Seriously though some of the stuff I am reading is shameful and wrong.
    One of the anti abortionists (Which I would side with) seems to have a hard on for Jesus or something as he is sprouting some complete sh**e

Hmmm. They are happy to support killing female unborns and you accuse me of being bottom of the barrel. Go figure...:rolleyes:

Your own posts contradict what you have posted above. Deliberate misrepresentation of your opponents is a cheap and dishonest tactic in a discussion, that's why you're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I'm sure it does :(

However it confirms my original point that the NWC is advocating for the intentional killing of female unborn babies. Equality? Yeah right...:rolleyes:

They're not babies.

Your own posts contradict what you have posted above. Deliberate misrepresentation of your opponents is a cheap and dishonest tactic in a discussion, that's why you're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

the NWC are the ones condoning the intentional killing of unborn female babies. Not me...

Considering I've pointed out that your posts are implying that the NWC want to abort pregnancies that are determined to be female, I'm surprised you'd post such a clanger.
    the NWC are the ones condoning the intentional killing of unborn female babies. Not me...

They're only advocating for safe abortions, not that you're interested. Feel free to resume the misrepresentation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Entrenched warfare is back.

Enough already. Silvio, we know we here you stand on the NWC and we also know what people think of that stance. We don't need any more down this rabbit hole.

Move on everyone.

Sorry, Dades :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Posts deleted. Do not feed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

aloyisious wrote: »
    The German Catholic Hospitals' Association hailed Cardinal Meisner's statement for spelling out what they can do for rape victims.
    The German Catholic Hospitals' Association may have hailed too soon. A catholic doctor has claimed that Meisner's words "were manipulated"

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/cardinal-meisners-contraception-statement-was-manipulated
    CNA wrote:
    Rome, Italy, Feb 7, 2013 / 12:30 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- News stories declaring that Cardinal Meisner will allow the “morning-after” pill for rape victims were the result of his words being manipulated and scientists giving him inaccurate information about the drug, according to a leading physician. “It seems that the cardinal’s words were manipulated,” Doctor Jose Maria Simon Castellvi told CNA Feb. 7.

“In any case, the morning-after pill works as an anti-implantation product in 70 percent of the cases where the woman is fertile,” said Dr. Simon, president of the World Federation of Catholic Medical Associations. Cardinal Meisner of Cologne, Germany was drawn into the discussion about the morning-after pill after a story surfaced in the local press about a 25-year-old woman who walked into an emergency room and told the attending physician that she thought she was drugged and possibly sexually assaulted at a party the night before.

The doctor on call, Irmgard Maiworm, said she called two separate Catholic hospitals that were nearby and asked if they would admit the woman. Dr. Maiworm said that both of them refused to admit her, since the prescribed course of treatment would involve using the morning-after pill, known in the U.S. as Plan B. The German public reacted strongly to reports about the incident, and Cardinal Meisner issued a Jan. 22 apology in which he said it was shameful for a Catholic hospital to refuse treatment to a rape victim.

Cardinal Meisner subsequently met with medical experts about the morning-after pill and they told him the latest research indicated the drug does not have anti-implantation effects. After that meeting, Cardinal Meisner issued a Jan. 31 statement in which he said that if “a medication that hinders conception is used after a rape with the purpose of avoiding fertilization, then this is acceptable in my view.”

His statement was widely interpreted by the press as giving permission for Catholic hospitals to dispense Plan B to rape victims.

But the study presented to the cardinal was one that was coauthored by Kristina Gemzell-Danielsson, who acknowledges at the end of the paper that she “has served on Medical Advisory Boards of HRA- Pharma and Bayer on matters related to emergency contraception.” In his remarks to CNA, Dr. Simon also pointed out that the manufacturer of the morning-after pill says the drug may prevent an embryo from implanting on the uterine wall. “So, we cannot accept it, since even a microscopic human embryo is a person with rights, dignity and a son of God,” he insisted.

The German bishops’ conference will be holding its annual full assembly in two weeks in Trier, Germany and plans to discuss the matter further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement