Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

TDs and ministers in the west and midlands will face calls from the pulpit today not to legislate for the X case in a clear sign from the Catholic Church that it intends to ramp up pressure on the Government over abortion.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/church-asks-tds-to-block-x-case-laws-29059182.html

Or to put it another way, priests call for TDs to defy the will of the electorate, tear up the Constitution and stage a Coup de Etate...

Pretty sure extolling people to do this is treason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/church-asks-tds-to-block-x-case-laws-29059182.html

Or to put it another way, priests call for TDs to defy the will of the electorate, tear up the Constitution and stage a Coup de Etate...

Isn't one of the terms of the Lateran treaty (the treaty that gives the vatican its statehood) that it doesn't interfere with the running with another country's government?

Isn't one of the terms of the Lateran treaty (the treaty that gives the vatican its statehood) that it doesn't interfere with the running with another country's government?

As far as I know that only applies between the Vatican and Italy.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

This is only the beginning. We'll be ramping up our collective campaigns as the vote draws nearer...:)

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_inline_mhb45rx4yN1rwb2ex.gif

Treason is only the beginning?? :eek:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I can only assume Silvio's working towards a full-blown invasion/occupation scenario. You know, seeing as he hates freedom and justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Flier

Sarky wrote: »
    I can only assume Silvio's working towards a full-blown invasion/occupation scenario. You know, seeing as he hates freedom and justice.

Don't worry - we'll see the Swiss Guards coming a mile off - their stripey fatigues are ****e.

Sarky wrote: »
    freedom and justice.

How 'just' is an abortion for the unborn victim..?

How 'just' is an abortion for the unborn victim..?

Seemingly it's ok as long as it's not on your doorstep, Mr. Right-To-Travel:rolleyes:

So don't act as if the current situation is just when Ireland is letting other countries carry out the (medically necessary or otherwise) abortions for them.

koth wrote: »
    Seemingly it's ok as long as it's not on your doorstep, Mr. Right-To-Travel:rolleyes:

We can only effect laws in this country.

Now, how 'just' is an abortion for the unborn victim..?

• Advertisement

Now, how 'just' is an abortion for the unborn victim..?

The right to travel is cover under Irish legislation ;) So my point still stands.

The right to travel is cover under Irish legislation ;) So my point still stands.

We must concentrate on the battle at hand i.e. blocking the introduction of X...:)

We must concentrate on the battle at hand i.e. blocking the introduction of X...:)

well you missed your chance for that, the legislation is currently being drawn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Well when the American Pro Life dollars build you a time machine, you let us know how stopping X goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ssshhh... let them think they can overturn it. This way they'll keep pumping lots of $$$$$ into the Irish economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Also the butthurt when the legislation comes through. Oh my, but the schadenfreude will be sweet. Dave Quinn's face will probably melt off, revealing the metallic frame and electronics beneath...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You're ruining The Terminator for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

True. But those laws can, and do, extend to the behaviour of citizens of this state in other countries. So, you actually have options here. You could make travel for an abortion illegal, this does not effect laws of another state. Your other option would be to prosecute women who had an abortion in another state. This, again, could be accomplished without trying to change the laws of another state.

Why are you not trying to do either of these things.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Screen-Shot-2013-02-10-at-23.16.22.jpg

70% of the population believe X should be legislated for. 79% believe abortion should be legal for fatal foetal abnormalities, and 60% believe in a woman's right to choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

You're ruining The Terminator for me. :(

It's only The Terminator when the killing is an unfortunate side effect:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stanley 2

no more trason than when the catholic bishops in germany asked there people to reject hitlers brave new world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

[citation needed]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

stanley 2 wrote: »
    no more trason than when the catholic bishops in germany asked there people to reject hitlers brave new world

Right.

Anyway, I expected no less from the RCC. Why would our little laws apply to Mr. Disco Stick in Rome, and his tapeworms over here. :rolleyes:

stanley 2 wrote: »

What? These priests?

Hitler-with-Muller.jpg

Or maybe this Papal Nuncio
    hitler_cardinal4.jpg

If these priest were speaking out I bet their boss in Rome wasn't happy with them, here he is in 1933 while still Cardinal Secretary of State Eugenio Pacelli (he became Pope Pius XII in 1939) signing a Concordat between the Vatican State and Nazi Germany...

concordat.jpg

Jog on Sir - your attempt to Godwin the thread has blown up in your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

How are Yoof Defence/Iona/insert other anti choicers going to spin these numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Well, things like evidence, facts, statistics, reality, poll results, maths, all have an inherent liberal bias and can be easily dismissed as liberal propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

If the numbers went the other way, I bet they'd be praising the "accurate poll".

BREAKING: Draft report into the death of #Savita Halappanavar says staff should have considered an abortion & missed sepsis for 4 days

via BreakfastNT (Twitter)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Unfortunately, facts never seem to bother anti-choicers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement