Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Nope, still no mentino of any regret for the millions of babies killed up to and including partial birth. So cold...
    That's because they aren't babies, they're foetuses. Partial birth is an antibort lie.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Galvasean wrote: »
    Ah yes, bargaining. That's a common enough tactic for someone who just had their ass handed to them.

Legislate for X without suicide and we can talk...

lazygal wrote: »
    Partial birth is an antibort lie.

Really? Do go on...

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

...:rolleyes:

We actually have alot of support from the Islamic community in Ireland. I assume you're not linking them to AQ..?

The post you quoted made no mention of the Irish Islamic community. You're the one attempting to introduce the link into the discussion (by deliberately mispresenting Brian).

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Remove suicide from the pending legislatino and we might be able to do a deal...

So Suicide is not a problem? Suicide is not an illness? Suicidal Tendencies are the figment of people's imagination?

If so, what should we do with suicidal mothers? Give them "help"? Talk to them? Or go by your original plan of locking them away, forcing them to give birth, and take away their babies?

Suicide is a real problem. Suicide is something we need to talk about. If the X Case legislation helps to bring more attention to suicide, then great.

Suicide isn't something we can "brush under the rug". Suicide in X legislation is on the table. It will always be on the table. There is no changing that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Nope, still no mentino of any regret for the millions of babies killed up to and including partial birth. So cold...

I'm sorry, but I can't take anybody who hates living children* and wants to prioritise the rights of unborn foetuses over them seriously.

* Unless that person happens to be Jean-Luc Picard. He's so dreamy.

We actually have alot of support from the Islamic community in Ireland. I assume you're not linking them to AQ..?

No what I'm saying is, as you have admitted in the post I quoted, that you are perfectly happy to accept money from the worst scum of the earth to further your goals.

It doesn't paint you in a good light no matter how you try to spin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Seriously, they just openly admitted that they support lying, cheating and stealing in order to get what they want. Why bother debating him?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

_rebelkid wrote: »

So Suicide is not a problem? Suicide is not an illness? Suicidal Tendencies are the figment of people's imagination?

If so, what should we do with suicidal mothers? Give them "help"? Talk to them? Or go by your original plan of locking them away, forcing them to give birth, and take away their babies?

Suicide is a real problem. Suicide is something we need to talk about. If the X Case legislation helps to bring more attention to suicide, then great.
    Suicide isn't something we can "brush under the rug". Suicide in X legislation is on the table. It will always be on the table. There is no changing that.
    It baffles me that anyone proposes legislation on X by leaving out suicide, FFS its the whole raison d'etre for the case in the first place.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I accept the clarification made.
    So you accept that YD have engaged in lying, cheating and theft, and you unreservedly condemn such behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

So if we just legislate for X properly we won't have to talk to you anymore?

Go on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭swampgas

Do you even know what the X case is?

_rebelkid wrote: »

Give suicidal people the same care and attention whether they are pregnant or not. Abortion is not a treatment for mental illness...

I'm sorry, but I can't take anybody who hates living children*

Here we go again...:rolleyes:

Grow up Bri...

the worst scum of the earth.

To whom are you referring..?

robindch wrote: »
    So you accept that YD have engaged in lying, cheating and theft, and you unreservedly condemn such behaviour?

Members may have trangressed in the past.

I stand full square behind Youth defence in this campaign...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Give suicidal people the same care and attention whether they are pregnant or not. Abortion is not a treatment for mental illness...

There is no "treatment" for mental health. People are provided with care, to help alleviate the issues they are having. If they can not cope with a pregnancy or having a child, be it due to rape, age or otherwise, abortion may help. In some cases it may not, and people will not want abortion, but in some cases it will, so people will have an abortion.

Members may have transgressed in the past.

Now where have I heard that line before. 'Twas something to do with moving paedophile priests around.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Honestly with the exception of a few posts here and there reading this thread has become something akin to trying to gnaw your way through a barbed wire fence.

To whom are you referring..?

The hypothetical Nazis and Al-Qaeda you are perfectly happy to welcome as financial supporters of your campaign.

Seeing as you explicitly stated you don't care where the money comes from, and you were unwilling to give an answer when I asked if you would take money from those kinds of people, I have to take it that, in fact, you are willing to get into bed with religious zealots and mass murderers, as long as they support anti-abortionists.

Here we go again...:rolleyes:

Grow up Bri...

Says the man with the arguments which would be laughed out of a playground of junior infants for being too babyish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

So you don't condemn lying, cheating and theft. Fair enough.

I have to say, you're not coming across as much of a moral guardian.

Yeah they accepted reality and compassion, and stopped being anti-abortionists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I stand full square behind Youth defence in this campaign...:)

That's a no, then. After all the horrible and dishonest things they've done, you still stand behind them. You're just as tainted as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Does anyone honestly think Silvio as a real person actually holds these views genuinely and gets something meaningful out of debating them in this way?

I'd say he can't believe how much mileage he's getting out the thread.

The hypothetical Nazis and Al-Qaeda you are perfectly happy to welcome as financial supporters of your campaign.

Seeing as you explicitly stated you don't care where the money comes from, and you were unwilling to give an answer when I asked if you would take money from those kinds of people, I have to take it that, in fact, you are willing to get into bed with religious zealots and mass murderers, as long as they support anti-abortionists.

Riiiiight...:D

Says the man with the arguments which would be laughed out of a playground of junior infants for being too babyish.

Just because the trendy kids snigger and sneer, it doesn't make them right. You'll learn this someday...:)

robindch wrote: »
    moral guardian.

I've never claimed to be...

Sarky wrote: »
    That's a no, then. After all the horrible and dishonest things they've done, you still stand behind them. You're just as tainted as they are.

Youth Defence have my total support in this campaign against X...:)

Youth Defence have my total support in this campaign against X...:)

Of course they do - the ends justify the means I suppose?

• Advertisement

swampgas wrote: »
    Of course they do - the ends justify the means I suppose?

YD have run a great campaign...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement