Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

efb wrote: »
    The recession is over! :D

Payrises for all (except the dead baybees)

meh, we'll still have all those young wans who have 17 children by the age of 13 so they can get free housing and single mothers allowance and spend all their money on fags and booze that they buy in the garage while wearing pyjamas so it's not like we will be short of baybees like and the dead baybees will have died for Ireland *wipes a patriotic tear* like the Wolf Tones and Pearse Street and Connolly Station and who could ask for anything more?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,950 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Morag wrote: »
    The only 'Catholic' EU country other then use which does not already have abortion is Malta.

Yeah but they have restrictions and things like that. We are remarkably flexible when it comes to international investment... it's our competitive advantage if you will.
    Bannasidhe wrote: »
    We should throw in lavish gay weddings - hit the don't want a baybee and cant have a baybee market at the same time.

OR ...... :eek:

We could lure pregnant women here and keep them here until they have had their baybee and then we, the Irish State, could keep the baybees that some women didn't want but had to have as we wouldn't let them leave and then (this bit is bloody genius) sell the baybees to the gays we marry!!

The Recession is OVER!!!

Sellin' baybees is nothing new to the Irish state... we could call it a return to traditional 1950s values...

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

meh, we'll still have all those young wans who have 17 children by the age of 13 so they can get free housing and single mothers allowance and spend all their money on fags and booze that they buy in the garage while wearing pyjamas so it's not like we will be short of baybees like and the dead baybees will have died for Ireland *wipes a patriotic tear* like the Wolf Tones and Pearse Street and Connolly Station and who could ask for anything more?

ah de single mudders give 99% of their money back in Excise duty so its ok

ninja900 wrote: »
    Yeah but they have restrictions and things like that. We are remarkably flexible when it comes to international investment... it's our competitive advantage if you will.

Sellin' baybees is nothing new to the Irish state... we could call it a return to traditional 1950s values...

But now its dead bay bees!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭GCU Flexible Demeanour

Then GCU could have simply said that.

I know I have previously said just that to him the last time he introduced this falsehood and he acknowledged he knew it was the case that the Irish version is authorative but the full text is, nonetheless, available in English so why return with the same incorrect statements re half in Irish and women would need to read 40.3.3 in Irish when that simply is not true and he knows it?

Red herrings down rabbit holes.

IMHO.
    Clearly, not an opinion I share. For my part, I can't understand the lack of comprehension of the point that the availability of an English text is irrelevant, if the Irish text is the authoritative version. It seems to me as clear as night follows day that this excludes the bulk of the population from any real involvement in the conversation over what the actual binding text of a Constitutional Amendment says. This is a real, substantial issue. Whereas Olivia's talk of Taliban means nothing, and only give Lucinda a hook for an argument.

And, for all your haughty dismissal of the capacity of people in a democracy to discuss the contents of their Constitution, people do and did discuss the English wording of the 8th Amendment when deciding how to vote on it. Rather sad that the only text they were able to discuss wasn't actually the one that matters.

• Advertisement

But now its dead bay bees!!!!

and gaybees

I'm gonna build me a big strong house with rooms by the dozen right in the middle of the town...and buy Granada.

and gaybees

I'm gonna build me a big strong house with rooms by the dozen right in the middle of the town...and buy Granada.

Can we call it Fr Fortune's unwanted and dead baybess laundry?

Could get Ryanair on board too, they could do abortion specials TO Dublin for a change.

All in all I think Ireland could be on to a winner here, substitute a traditional import with a vibrant domestic industry able to compete vigorously for international business. It's right up Enterprise Ireland's alley, right where they like it (so as to speak.) Sarky strikes me as a 'draw up a business plan' type of person so I insist he draws up a business plan (while I retain all revenue rights of course.)

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Could get Ryanair on board too, they could do abortion specials TO Dublin for a change.

All in all I think Ireland could be on to a winner here, substitute a traditional import with a vibrant domestic industry able to compete vigorously for international business. It's right up Enterprise Ireland's alley, right where they like it (so as to speak.) Sarky strikes me as a 'draw up a business plan' type of person so I insist he draws up a business plan (while I retain all revenue rights of course.)

if you bring the dead baybee back with you, it better fit in the hand luggage

:mad:

In your dreams matey.

• Advertisement

Can we call it Fr Fortune's unwanted and dead baybess laundry?

Uhhhh. Was on family holiday in 1983 in his parish, like a good catholic family we went to mass on Sunday, even from 20 metres away he gave me the creeps. He had a bunch of early teens doing a 'rock mass' so he might've been a hebephile, not that that's any better.

tl;dr - creep.

Uhhhh. Was on family holiday in 1983 in his parish, like a good catholic family we went to mass on Sunday, even from 20 metres away he gave me the creeps. He had a bunch of early teens doing a 'rock mass' so he might've been a hebephile, not that that's any better.

tl;dr - creep.

surely, it would have been the hebegebees?

/gets coat

if you bring the dead baybee back with you, it better fit in the hand luggage

No, no.

It's really important to our image that we have full traceability on all the dead baybees... stem cells...spare parts...um...product.

If we start letting people bring them in already dead then before you know it some aging oligarch begins to morph into a horse after a little dna refresher treatment (tm - I'm looking at you ninja) and then where are we.

Our dead baybe *sigh* product will be organic, environmentally friendly with full traceability and guaranteed Irish(ish)

No, no.

It's really important to our image that we have full traceability on all the dead baybees... stem cells...spare parts...um...product.

If we start letting people bring them in already dead then before you know it some aging oligarch begins to morph into a horse after a little dna refresher treatment (tm - I'm looking at you ninja) and then where are we.

Our dead baybe *sigh* product will be organic, environmentally friendly with full traceability and guaranteed Irish(ish)

riddled with horse DNA (but only the value range)

:mad:

In your dreams matey.

OK I'll proft-share with A&A. After expenses.

OK I'll proft-share with A&A. After expenses.

Watch it or you will be the world's first centaur and then everyone will start believing mythical creatures are real and religion will rally and it will be all your fault for being greedy.

There is plenty for us all*

*'all' being you and me and efb....until I kill you both and go with the vagina defense so get off scot free hahahahahahahahahahaha!.

Don't you try that one on me Banna, the mrs is first in line and anything she might do, I drove her to it, so there.

and gaybees

MkII Granada?
    220px-Ford_Granada_MkII_pre_facelift_ca_1980.jpg

OTOH Granada in Spain is quite nice and the Alhambra is a must-see even if built by religious types. Only about 100km from Malaga but a million miles away as far as most travellers are concerned :(

MkII Granada?
    220px-Ford_Granada_MkII_pre_facelift_ca_1980.jpg

OTOH Granada in Spain is quite nice and the Alhambra is a must-see even if built by religious types. Only about 100km from Malaga but a million miles away as far as most travellers are concerned :(

That Granada reminds me of my first car - a 1971 Hillman Avenger I bought in 1984 for £75. Sterling mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I'm going there in August. My OH's aunt owns a beautiful guesthouse in the countryside which is an hour from Grenada, Sevilla and Cordoba. We're staying for at least three nights and we're going to each of those towns. [/excited holiday planning mood]

• Advertisement

I'm going there in August. My OH's aunt owns a beautiful guesthouse in the countryside which is an hour from Grenada, Sevilla and Cordoba. We're staying for at least three nights and we're going to each of those towns. [/excited holiday planning mood]

Went there last year with OH. Officially my favourite city.

Then I shall pm you on the morrow when I'm not full of ale to ask for your recommendations!

There is a little street on a hill above town where some of the world's leading classical guitar luthiers ply their trade. I doubt mere mortals could afford their work, but it costs nothing to listen as they try out their newly crafted instruments...

I'm liking all of this so far...

Mods, can we change the title of this thread to Things to Experience in Grenada, please?

Unexpected US invasion?

:pac:

oh, all right, it was just a typo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

So tell me Jimi, is Dr. Harold Shipman representative of the nursing/retirement home sector?

Or is this another vacuous pro-lifer/anti-choicer drive-by?

Its just an article about abortion, the hypocrisy, the media silence, and also gives an insight into the evil occurring. Your views about the unborn are absolutely inexcusable, and the Gosnell case brings it to light.

Harold shipman was in a field that was supposed to be caring for his patients. Gosnell is in a field where the goal is to kill unborn kids. Some are getting squeamish about the fact that some of his methods waited until the child was outside the womb to carry out the killing, as if that was somehow different. Gosnell is showing us abortion without having it spun with the silly terms. Its presenting it as what it is, and showing its supporters up as the sophistry extarordinaires they are. Those in the conscious delusion will of course, sophistry their way out of reality again, but I think for many honest people who have simply been foolish in being hoodwinked by the pro-abortion agenda, and its attempts of hiding the reality of what is happening, their eyes have been opened. I remember Guter Von Hagens BodyWorks exhibition turning some of my pro-abortion friends, into anti-abortion friends, simply because they could no longer fool themselves with dehumanising terms and sophistry.
    Maybe it could even melt some of the coldness in you guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Blame abortion-supporters for the rise of a monster created and enabled by draconian abortion laws? Oh well that's just flawless logic right there. Oh Jimi, you card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Unexpected US invasion?

:pac:

oh, all right, it was just a typo :rolleyes:

Jaysus that reminds me, I haven't seen Die Hard 2 in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Clearly, not an opinion I share. For my part, I can't understand the lack of comprehension of the point that the availability of an English text is irrelevant, if the Irish text is the authoritative version. It seems to me as clear as night follows day that this excludes the bulk of the population from any real involvement in the conversation over what the actual binding text of a Constitutional Amendment says. This is a real, substantial issue. Whereas Olivia's talk of Taliban means nothing, and only give Lucinda a hook for an argument.

And, for all your haughty dismissal of the capacity of people in a democracy to discuss the contents of their Constitution, people do and did discuss the English wording of the 8th Amendment when deciding how to vote on it. Rather sad that the only text they were able to discuss wasn't actually the one that matters.

Really.

Has this ever been raised in a court case?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,796 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

If you can read this, you're too close!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement