Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I just love the counterpoint in that scene. It only hit me now.

Every sperm is scared, now I'm selling you lot off for medical experiments.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Stark wrote: »

As long as I keep the car windows shut so I don't have a repeat of the time I was stopped at a traffic light in Patrick St and realised I was belting it out - it should be ok. The look on the face of the nun crossing the road was priceless. :D

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Kenny tells Dáil he is a Catholic 'not a Catholic Taoiseach'
    Mr Kenny told the Dáil his job as Taoiseach “is not confined to any sector of the people, it is for all the people. Therefore I am proud to stand here as a public representative, who happens to be a Catholic but not a Catholic Taoiseach. I am a Taoiseach for all the people and that’s my job.”

Mr Kenny has received letters written in blood and claims that he is a murderer because of the forthcoming abortion legislation.

Mr Kenny told the Dáil he acknowledged the issue was sensitive. But he said: “I am now being branded by personnel around the country as being a murderer. I’m going to have on my soul the death of 20 million babies. I’m getting medals, scapulars, plastic foetuses, letters written in blood, telephone calls all over the system and it’s not confined to me.” He did not agree with many of the statements that had been made.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Plastic Foetus would be a good name for a band.

• Advertisement

lazygal wrote: »
    Plastic Foetus would be a good name for a band.

As would Plastic Scapular.

I have a vague memory of those and how they would cut the back off ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭swampgas

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

koth wrote: »
    He should explain the meaning of the word "secular" to people like John Waters sometime. I've an idea that Enda might know what it means and that's pretty rare in Irish politics.

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Ronan Mullen returns with his usual level of apologetics and lack of empathy.

TAOISEACH ENDA KENNY has been accused of having “played the victim” over messages of abuse sent to him in relation to the ongoing abortion debate.

So receiving threatening mail is "playing the victim"? Interesting to know that Mullen is indifferent to receiving mail written in blood :eek:

But don't dare make a joke on twitter!!.

Hypocrite :rolleyes:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've just emailed Enda and told him 'good man'. I don't agree with a lot of his policies, but he's the first man to legislate, and the first to have the balls to tell the RCC that he won't be kowtowing to them, on this issue. I reckoned he needed something telling him he's doing the right thing, since he's probably inundated with death threats and photos of foetuses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

koth wrote: »
    Ronan Mullen returns with his usual level of apologetics and lack of empathy.

TAOISEACH ENDA KENNY has been accused of having “played the victim” over messages of abuse sent to him in relation to the ongoing abortion debate.

So receiving threatening mail is "playing the victim"? Interesting to know that Mullen is indifferent to receiving mail written in blood :eek:

But don't dare make a joke on twitter!!.

Hypocrite :rolleyes:

What a despicable little man. I'd love to meet him sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭swampgas

kylith wrote: »
    I've just emailed Enda and told him 'good man'. I don't agree with a lot of his policies, but he's the first man to legislate, and the first to have the balls to tell the RCC that he won't be kowtowing to them, on this issue. I reckoned he needed something telling him he's doing the right thing, since he's probably inundated with death threats and photos of foetuses.

I have also emailed him along similar lines.

Sarky wrote: »
    What a despicable little man. I'd love to meet him sometime.

Can I watch?
    I'll bring steamed date pudding.

Me too. Odd, I never thought I'd email him to praise him for something, but I have to admit he's showing more steel on this one issue than any other taoiseach has during an entire term.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

This popped up while I was reading about Jim Sheridans excellent tweets.

Good news perhaps...?

MrP

Well-known pro-life nutter in trying to weasel out of calling abuse wrong when it's don'e to people she doesn't like:

https://twitter.com/FintanOToolbox/status/344828003815133185/photo/1

Oh, it's OK to abuse because Twitter accounts aren't real people.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

She keeps digging that hole.

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    She keeps digging that hole.

How very dare you. She does not dig holes she digs shafts. Digging holes when one has a hole is deviant and icky.

Shafts? You big misogynist, you!

• Advertisement

If I understand her logic: It's OK to abuse people on Twitter because they use aliases. Her name on Twitter is blondpidge, therefore she's using an alias, therefore it's OK to abuse her, yeah?

You're probably missing some key factor that magically makes it not ok to abuse her.

I believe the bully in my class in 5th year nailed it: "I can do it because I'm me, and you're you".

Sarky wrote: »
    Shafts? You big misogynist, you!

I struggled grammatically with that sentence and I fear I lost.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Suddenly I have the biggest urge of my life to devour my own weight in popcorn...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

The TV3 news reported that Pro-life groups were complaining that Enda was trying to demonize them. And yet they have no problems with calling him the "Taoiseach of death" and other such insulting titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    The TV3 news reported that Pro-life groups were complaining that Enda was trying to demonize them. And yet they have no problems with calling him the "Taoiseach of death" and other such insulting titles.

Another great name for a heavy metal band! :pac:

Another great name for a heavy metal band! :pac:

Not if you want to be big internationally - Prime Minister of Ireland of Death just doesn't have the same ring to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Plastic Foetus, featuring the Taoiseach of Death, sing Every Sperm is Sacred.

I'd buy that track.

• Advertisement

lazygal wrote: »
    Plastic Foetus, featuring the Taoiseach of Death, sing Every Sperm is Sacred.

I'd buy that track.

I want the Scapular's jazz funk re-mix .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement