Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 _Myg

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Ah, the 'Collateral Damage' argument.

also a variation on the "Better to die than 'sin'" fetish for martyrs so beloved of the Vatican. Doesn't matter if the woman had a choice about whether she wants to die or not. What is important is that she doesn't sin.

TBH - ye can take yere aul sins and shove them where the scapulars don't itch.

Nothing to do with collateral damage.

No one is dropping a bomb here, we are simply trying to live our lives as humans do, and that means reproduction.

Snuff is a fetish, someone killing you because you don't wish to bow to their wishes, happens. If you do it for the preservation of your soul, you are called a martyr. Usually those who killed such people had a fetish for such murder in the first place, otherwise it never would of happened.

I think you are confusing how women judge and measure each other in a social value perspective with spiritual values.

Sarky wrote: »
    This'd be god's natural order you're capping on, yeah? If he were real, he'd probably be insulted.

Not really, natural and good things can easily be turned and twisted towards evil, I think this thread has shown this concept enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Classic! Go on, tell us abortion is never necessary. Or blind us with your knowledge of embryonic development. Ooh! Or tell us how every woman is just itching to get preggers so they can pretend to be suicidal and kill a wee babby!

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Well if you want to follow the natural order, you should never avail of medical treatments of any kind. Seriously, your opinion is completely deluded and warped beyond reason. The person who is carrying the baby should be given the option to be the priority in terms of life, if you refuse to give them that choice, you're dictating their right to live. And you call yourself pro-life?

So you would rather allow people to murder innocent babies?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

He probably doesn't. All drugs are harmful, remember? All of them. Without exception. He told me as much via PM.

That reminds me - it's injection to keep me alive time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

_Myg wrote: »

Erm, the foetus will be delivered if it's viable. However if it's not, you save the only life that you can. To be perfectly blunt, I am pro-choice but the circumstances of this bill are extremely limited and rather clear. It really irritates me when someone's argument consists of 'think of the babies' while ignoring the other party involved.

He probably doesn't. All drugs are harmful, remember? All of them. Without exception. He told me as much via PM.

Yep I did. Its the nature of drugs, you force a rebalance in the body using chemicals. If there were never any side effects then it would not be harmful, but neither is food unharmful either and without side effects, yet my body needs food to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

_Myg wrote:
    The secular world will/would do much worse to women if they had their way and they are starting to gain much more ground on that regard in the manner of controlling and perverting people's upbringing.

what in jaysus sake you even on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

wprathead wrote: »
    what in jaysus sake you even on about?

Baby eating I think........ :(

Nothing to do with collateral damage.

No one is dropping a bomb here, we are simply trying to live our lives as humans do, and that means reproduction.

Snuff is a fetish, someone killing you because you don't wish to bow to their wishes, happens. If you do it for the preservation of your soul, you are called a martyr. Usually those who killed such people had a fetish for such murder in the first place, otherwise it never would of happened.

I think you are confusing how women judge and measure each other in a social value perspective with spiritual values.

As a woman I am pretty sure that as women are individuals not members of a hive mind collective there is wide variation in how we ' judge and measure each other in a social value perspective with spiritual values'.

Personally I have no time for 'spiritual values' as I think it is all tosh and nonsense. OH does seem to believe in them. That's her choice
    .........................oops, I forgot, women arn't meant to have a choice. :eek:

Silly female me. :o

As for the rest of your post - I understand each individual word but what they mean when combined as you have done completely alludes me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Popcorn.gif

Sorry, on my phone. Oh btw Jernal is awesome!

Damn straight Sarky, damn straight.

ninja900 wrote: »
    I'm blaming the I-can't-believe-it's-not-Youth-Defence-Institute.

Them = doctors? On one hand YDFTEA* think they're saints and the most wonderful doctors making Irish mammies the most blessed in the world, on the other they say they're just itching to abort all humanity left right and centre.

Innocent ones = the ickle baybeees who will kill their mammy if we leave them grow but we can't blame them shure theyre ickle baybeeees and don't know and not to blame and no original sin til they're born and let god decide.

Gotcha.

Shure it's what wimmim signed up to when they either consented to sex. Or were raped. Either way. It's all good. god will decide.

*Yuff Defenz, Fellow Travellers, Et Al. Or can we call them the People's Front of Youth Defence.

Well, if the doctors failed in their duty to properly look after the mother, then their self-proclaimed status is null and void, right? So go kick them in the butt for their arrogance. Everyone needs a kick in the butt once in a while, but people should not have to die for that to happen.

Babies are always innocent, how can that be questioned?

Yep I did. Its the nature of drugs, you force a rebalance in the body using chemicals. If there were never any side effects then it would not be harmful, but neither is food unharmful either and without side effects, yet my body needs food to survive.

You know buggerall about drugs then. I was hoping you'd just chosen your words poorly, but alas, you've confirmed you actually meant them. Ah well, you can always pray away that infection or genetic disorder I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Or tell us how every woman is just itching to get preggers so they can pretend to be suicidal and kill a wee babby!

They are so tasty though.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Jernal wrote: »
    Damn straight Sarky, damn straight.

Ta. Oh, there's a YouTube video of a chap with a ginger moustache engaging in mocking laughter I sometimes use for responding to claptrap on abortion, could you be a dear and post it up for me while you're at it? :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Maybe they got David Quinn to talk into a box of Pampers for 5 minutes.
    Then they'd need a shitload more than ten nappies.

As a woman I am pretty sure that as women are individuals not members of a hive mind collective there is wide variation in how we ' judge and measure each other in a social value perspective with spiritual values'.

Personally I have no time for 'spiritual values' as I think it is all tosh and nonsense. OH does seem to believe in them. That's her choice
    .........................oops, I forgot, women arn't meant to have a choice. :eek:

Silly female me. :o

As for the rest of your post - I understand each individual word but what they mean when combined as you have done completely alludes me.

I am sorry Bannasidhe, but I think you have simply mis-read that one.

I was simply saying that the original poster of that conversation was confusing between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

No one wants to murder innocent babies. Why don't you drop this offensive drivel?

Pherekydes wrote: »
    No one wants to murder innocent babies. Why don't you drop this offensive drivel?

I can't as long as people are going to use literal interpretation of observational words for stages of life as a means to do so.

Well, if the doctors failed in their duty to properly look after the mother, then their self-proclaimed status is null and void, right? So go kick them in the butt for their arrogance. Everyone needs a kick in the butt once in a while, but people should not have to die for that to happen.

You're accepting it wasn't god's will then?

But the Popular Front for Defence of Youth keep telling us how Ireland is the most amazing safest place in the world ever for a mammy, and abortion is never ever necessary, therefore the doctors did the right thing by letting nature/god take its course, right?

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement

I am sorry Bannasidhe, but I think you have simply mis-read that one.

I was simply saying that the original poster of that conversation was confusing between the two.

You wrote that and quoted me - perhaps you would be good enough to explain what you mean as in the context in which it is written it appears to be saying that I just don't understand women (who does??? - am I am one!) but you do..

BTW are you female or male?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

robindch wrote: »
    Then they'd need a shitload more than ten nappies.

Nice choice of words.

You're accepting it wasn't god's will then?

But the Popular Front for Defence of Youth keep telling us how Ireland is the most amazing safest place in the world ever for a mammy, and abortion is never ever necessary, therefore the doctors did the right thing by letting nature/god take its course, right?

I am not going to apologise for Youth Defense, they have done what they could; if you wish to get an apology from them I suggest you ask for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Natural yes, just like small pox, leprosy and Cancer.

I am not going to apologise for Youth Defense

That's exactly what YD would say, funnily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I can't as long as people are going to use literal interpretation of observational words for stages of life as a means to do so.

English please?

Gobbledegook isn't my first language...

It's not just them, it's the broad 'pro-life' movement asserting Ireland is among the very safest places in the world to be pregnant, and that abortion is never necessary. Neither of these is true, especially when you consider that Irish women whose lives are threatened by pregnancy and are able and can afford to travel are going to England for an abortion. 'Problem solved' as far as YD et al. are concerned, as no abortion took place on Irish soil and they can continue to peddle their myths to their wealthy, misty-eyed US backers.

You wrote that and quoted me - perhaps you would be good enough to explain what you mean as in the context in which it is written it appears to be saying that I just don't understand women (who does??? - am I am one!) but you do..

BTW are you female or male?

Please forgive me, I had meant that spiritual values had nothing to do with the value's women had placed on each other in the down talk of one having sex vs the other not, because someone with spiritual values would not look for such an opportunity to provide a level of domination over the other. Unless they were really close with the person and knew it would be good for them to understand that it is better to stay away from such acts until the appropriate situation.

Please forgive me, I had meant that spiritual values had nothing to do with the value's women had placed on each other in the down talk of one having sex vs the other not, because someone with spiritual values would not look for such an opportunity to provide a level of domination over the other. Unless they were really close with the person and knew it would be good for them to understand that it is better to stay away from such acts until the appropriate situation.

Ah, no sex until you say so. Or until the husband wants it anyway. Don't think you're helping your case, here...

• Advertisement

It's not just them, it's the broad 'pro-life' movement asserting Ireland is among the very safest places in the world to be pregnant, and that abortion is never necessary. Neither of these is true, especially when you consider that Irish women whose lives are threatened by pregnancy and are able and can afford to travel are going to England for an abortion. 'Problem solved' as far as YD et al. are concerned, as no abortion took place on Irish soil and they can continue to peddle their myths to their wealthy, misty-eyed US backers.

Murder is never necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement