Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

lazygal wrote: »
    They could have been religious nutters who don't think gays or women deserve equal rights.

They could have been lesbians...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    They could have been lesbians...

Or people who want to marry their pet. Cos that's happened in every country where the gays can marry.

lazygal wrote: »
    Or people who want to marry their pet. Cos that's happened in every country where the gays can marry.

Indeed.

My lives in Paris niece and her Canadian girlfriend are arguing about which pet they should get and where to marry it. Bloody French legalising same-sex marriage and causing conflict in my family cos we were hoping for an excuse to visit Canada and we've all already been to Paris like...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sarky wrote: »

It stuns me that the linked article isn't from The Onion. Truth is stranger than satire at times.

• Advertisement

All the pro-lifers are shouting victory about closing down a family planning clinic in Britain: http://t.co/bScMMghaDC

This has come as a surprise to the clinic in question :pac: http://t.co/I91ONL3hkt

Of course, This hasn't stopped them lying about it. In fact, one chap is touting it as a triumph of the efficacy or prayer!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Sarky, was that medical ethics/law student on Twitter a certain Maria? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

History is written by the victor... or in this case not. Hmmm.

Better ad that to the "things pro-lifers lie about" list.

I couldn't possibly comment on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Sarky wrote: »

But but but...... doesn't he know that masturbating is near enough a mortaller and is deeply offensive to HIM who should not be offended as every sperm is sacred. He's promoting sin by saying masturbators should be protected :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Looks like we have a new YD poster campaign up... somehow they got onto Kildare St (which is closed for the visit of the Obama ladies) and put a load of them up, also pretty much putting a gauntlet of them near Heuston Station on the bridge which the airport bus crosses...

'Fine Gael's bill allows abortion until birth', or similar?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

robindch wrote: »
    Seems that a guy named Shaw (who succeeded Rónán Mullen as Cardinal Connell’s spokesman in 2002) instructed the teachers to put the leaflets into the kids bags. So far as the IT reports, it seems he apologized by saying that he should have put them into envelopes instead. Shaw has not resigned as he seems unable to see what's wrong with what he did.

There's a petition:

Minister for Education, Ruairí Quinn, T.D.: Demand the resignation of Eddie Shaw as chairman of school board.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

There's a petition:

Minister for Education, Ruairí Quinn, T.D.: Demand the resignation of Eddie Shaw as chairman of school board.

I think I can hear that poisonous cabbage fellow furiously hammering the words, "free speech unless you agree with liberals".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

'Fine Gael's bill allows abortion until birth', or similar?

:confused:

I just saw one on the SCR in Rialto

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I'm disgusted. Just been exposed to a Youth Defense ad on YouTube, which I'd prefer not to link to. Video is just a load of kids too young to spell holding up banners saying "Thank You", "Go Raibh Maith Agat", some of them holding the posters upsidedown etc. The message? '100,000 lives saved in the last 20 years due to Ireland's abortion laws.'

What kind of mass delusion are these people experiencing, apart from the usual? Even us hungry Atheists know that we need to keep the population up, forced abortions for that many would be impractical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

• Registered Users Posts: 34,910 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Good riddance.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

There's two different posters hanging around the Merrion Square area. Good to see Eddie has gone from his post. Now who's going to call to account the teachers, incl the Principal, who put the leaflets in the schoolkids bags, seeing as how some of their Harolds School colleagues "forgot" to put leaflets into the bags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

aloyisious wrote: »
    There's two different posters hanging around the Merrion Square area. Good to see Eddie has gone from his post. Now who's going to call to account the teachers, incl the Principal, who put the leaflets in the schoolkids bags, seeing as how some of their Harolds School colleagues "forgot" to put leaflets into the bags?

Oh boy, that school must be a happy working environment today....

I feel sorry for the poor kids who'll doubtless pick up on the atmosphere and some of them will more than likely be discussing the leaflet. Can't imagine how the teachers would do age appropriate damage limitation on that subject :mad:

• Advertisement

Health Minister James Reilly has received a letter threatening to burn him and his family out of their home from an opponent of the abortion bill.

He also said that he had 40 protesters outside his family home in Rush in north Dublin – and criticised the people who had put up graphic pictures of abortions in the town while children were making their First Communion.

Dr Reilly is the latest politician to reveal that he has received a death threat – with complaints recently in the Dail that one TD had been threatened with having their throat slit.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/threat-to-burn-ministers-home-over-abortion-bill-29355428.html

The protectors of life strike again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Irony really is a concept way beyond their ken.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

We support the right to life of the unborn.

But if the unborn grow up to be a politician then we may have to burn their house down, slit their throat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Bobby42 wrote: »

But if the unborn grow up to be a politician then we may have to burn their house down, slit their throat...

Well in fairness I think the fuddies on the Christian right think they are saving lives by doing this, in a "would you kill Hitler" sort of argument.

Of course it is stupid in a democracy. If you kill Enda you aren't going to stop abortion legislation. We aren't going to sit around going well Enda is gone, what do we do now. Enda isn't our King (which is why movies like "Air Force One" or "Olympus Has Fallen" are so silly).

Zombrex wrote: »
    We aren't going to sit around going well Enda is gone, what do we do now.

We will all sit around counting how many threads there are in AH moaning about the cost of his State Funeral.

Bobby42 wrote: »

John Halligan's going to be car bombed. They seem to be getting more ambitious in their murder plans.

If they can be tracked down can they be prosecuted for sending death threats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

kylith wrote: »

Yup

Wouldn't it be hilarious if this guy didn't mask his IP, or even worse used his real email address. Radical Christians aren't known for their grasp of modern technology :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

kylith wrote: »
    John Halligan's going to be car bombed. They seem to be getting more ambitious in their murder plans.

It's a step up from sending pizza to conferences as a prank. :pac:

It's a step up from sending pizza to conferences as a prank. :pac:

It sure is! The worst you can hope for when it comes to pizzas is that they won't like the toppings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

That's a good point, I hope they are tracked down

I'm so pro life I'm going to kill everyone rargh = :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement